Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

Madden NFL 25 gives you the option to relocate your franchise within the Connected Franchise mode. Follow along with Shopmaster, as he relocates the Jacksonville Jaguars.

Source - Connected Franchise: Relocating Your Franchise in Madden NFL 25 (MyMaddenPad)

Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 moylan1234 @ 05/21/13 11:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymee13
For the announcers to call a game correctly and not use generic sounding phrases, you need the game to limit choices. Life is decided by the choices you make, not everything can be limitless.
? the NCAA teambuilder sound bank has over 3.500 team names in it and I believe they still add to it every year.

I'm not knocking EA for this mode as I said at least their trying, but when they're supposed "little brother" has a better create a team feature going on 5 years now it's just a little sad

# 42 Grey_Osprey @ 05/21/13 11:55 PM
Great to see Owners mode coming back. While I would like for there to be more options, I'm good with the limitations/restrictions they have placed for the first year.

Personal wish list:

1) make all current NFL cities available for relocation should a team move. If the Jags move, Jacksonville opens up; etc.

2) "realignment" option. A cool feature that would make peoples franchises very unique and individualized.

Not a big fan of some of the cities, but hopefully they can tweak the list going forward. I'm already thinking about changes I'll be making. Keeping the division alignments in mind, my moves would be:

J-E-T-S - move to Brooklyn
Buffalo - Toronto
Jags - Orlando, Memphis, or stay put
Oakland - LA or Sacramento
Chargers- Sacramento or Salt Lake City..possibly Oklahoma City
St Louis - LA, Sacramento, Portland, SLC, or OKC

# 43 DeuceDouglas @ 05/22/13 12:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goravens2052
Wow, that is pretty cool and will definitely be a small thing that will make a big difference.

Similar question but about the Vikings. I believe this is the last year in the Dome, and then they play 2014 and 2015 at TCF Bank Stadium before going to their new stadium in 2016. So will it be the same thing for the Vikings as the 49ers where the Vikings move to TCF Bank Stadium for Seasons 2 and 3 automatically followed by being in their new stadium by Season 4?
Haven't seen anything about that yet so I'm not sure. I'm guessing that since it is so far out probably not, but who knows they might have them play in the MetroDome for a few seasons and then switch to a new one in season 4 rather than have them switch twice but I'm not sure at this point.

# 44 d11king @ 05/22/13 01:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey_Osprey

J-E-T-S - move to Brooklyn
Buffalo - Toronto
Jags - Orlando, Memphis, or stay put
Oakland - LA or Sacramento
Chargers- Sacramento or Salt Lake City..possibly Oklahoma City
St Louis - LA, Sacramento, Portland, SLC, or OKC
Mine,

Giants to Brooklyn; they can bring the current uniform and logo, their stadium will be a Futuristic Deluxe Stadium obviously, haha. I feel like the Giants earned the right to be able to play in downtown New York as opposed to New Jersey haha. I hate everything about the Jets, the Jets can stay in Jersey ha.

Rams to LA; makes sense in any way you look at it haha. Their stadium is beat down, have history with the city, and its geographically closer for the NFC West ha. Bring their logo, their jerseys {Rams need to bring back to gold pants, their uni looks funny}, with a stadium downtown.

Bills to Toronto; I think this is just self-explanatory haha. Make pick up a new nickname, and just start over as a entirely new franchise pretty much. I wonder what some of the nicknames for Toronto might be.

Jaguars to Orlando; I would laugh hysterically if one of the nicknames for the Orlando team was Mickeys hahaha. I'd probably ditch the name Jaguars depending on what nicknames they have, cause Orlando Jaguars sounds kind of AFL/XFL like to me haha. Also depends on what their new uniforms look like in the game, especially that helmet LMAO!

Raiders New Stadium; indefinite of need of one. And let's be honest, the Raiders have some of the craziest fans, could say passionate. You just can't take that away from Oakland, S/O to the Bay Area haha. [sidenote] I heard some year ago, if you wanted to go to a Chargers game you had to buy 3 games cause I guess Raider fans would just go to the games and just heckle them, idk if its true or not but that's what pops said haha. {{I got moated/moded whatever that word is here}}

Vikings New Stadium; and make sure they have a roof. Nobody wants to play football in -7 weather, I don't know how the Twins do it... Target Center is a nice facility down there, I guess.. Twins just built a new stadium recently. And keep the NFC North geographically making sense... and moving them to Chicago would be stupid! {but could work because of how White Sox/Cubs} but no leave them in Minnesota

Chargers New Stadium; they don't need a move like relocation, like say a team like Buffalo or Jacksonville, they're doing fine in San Diego. With the Rams moving back to LA, you have 2 So. Cal and No. Cal teams...

I'm a dope owner haha

# 45 Trackball @ 05/22/13 01:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by d11king
Raiders New Stadium; indefinite of need of one. And let's be honest, the Raiders have some of the craziest fans, could say passionate. You just can't take that away from Oakland, S/O to the Bay Area haha. [sidenote] I heard some year ago, if you wanted to go to a Chargers game you had to buy 3 games cause I guess Raider fans would just go to the games and just heckle them, idk if its true or not but that's what pops said haha. Isn't Golden St. building a new arena in Oakland, there you go, "add another one Goodell" haha.
No. Sadly, the Golden State Warriors are moving to San Francisco in either 2015 or 2016. Granted, it's basically across a river (like the New Jersey Nets to Brooklyn), but still.

No word yet on if they'll change the team name to San Francisco Warriors (which they have used before).

Just wanted to clarify that, being an NBA guy.

# 46 d11king @ 05/22/13 02:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackball
No. Sadly, the Golden State Warriors are moving to San Francisco in either 2015 or 2016. Granted, it's basically across a river (like the New Jersey Nets to Brooklyn), but still.

No word yet on if they'll change the team name to San Francisco Warriors (which they have used before).

Just wanted to clarify that, being an NBA guy.
Wooooow that's a really big fail on my part haha.. I swear I knew that, oh well, gotta take an L for the team eventually in life.

# 47 Grey_Osprey @ 05/22/13 02:29 AM
Just read on Looman's twitter page that relocation has no affect on conference alignment. So any team you move stays in it's original division.

# 48 cowboy_kmoney @ 05/22/13 05:44 AM
Realizm is done and im liking it for real and i kant wait for Aug 27th

# 49 daze21 @ 05/22/13 06:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACardAttack
Totally agree! No reason for Mexico City, London or Dublin. I was hoping for louisville myself
except that London is quite a feasible place for a franchise to be relocated to in the next 10 years..

Not Dublin, that's probably just in there following the success of the emerald isle classic coupled with the fact that half of america regards itself as "irish"

# 50 NDAlum @ 05/22/13 09:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey_Osprey
Just read on Looman's twitter page that relocation has no affect on conference alignment. So any team you move stays in it's original division.
It really shouldn't. I mean look at the NFC East. Why are the Cowboys in there? New York to Dallas is a pretty big jump.

I can think of a few long-distance conference relationships:

AFC East: Miami vs 3 Northeast teams
AFC South: Indianapolis doesn't fit geographically
AFC West: Kansas City is a good distance away from the CA teams

So half of the current divisions have a team that is a good distance away from the other 3.

# 51 Kaiser Wilhelm @ 05/22/13 12:13 PM
I swear, some people here are never even grateful, or realize how much work goes into these things.

They made a decision, not to restrict your decisions, but to try to make everything integrated. The new relocation is actually integrated into the system, unlike what it used to be. Hold your judgement until you actually experience it.

# 52 jpdavis82 @ 05/22/13 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Wilhelm
I swear, some people here are never even grateful, or realize how much work goes into these things.

They made a decision, not to restrict your decisions, but to try to make everything integrated. The new relocation is actually integrated into the system, unlike what it used to be. Hold your judgement until you actually experience it.
I'd say probably 90% of the OS Madden bashers wouldn't even work at EA if hired, because of the hours it requires.

# 53 Kaiser Wilhelm @ 05/22/13 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
I'd say probably 90% of the OS Madden bashers wouldn't even work at EA if hired, because of the hours it requires.
Well, I bash Madden and EA as much as the next guy. I'm not a math and science guy though, I'm a politics, economics and history guy, hence the name.

There are legitimate points for bashing EA and what they do, like using the same basic engine for 9 years. This is just people being pissed because they didn't get the Moon. It's exaggeration. EA went fairly over-the-top with this relocation, getting Nike in on the action, getting the audio to feel organic and more.

# 54 d11king @ 05/22/13 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies67
I don't want the Rams to ever go back to LA. One of the reasons they left was lack of fan support. Boo Bird City. Fickle fans galore.

I'll never forget this true story (saw it with my own eyes): In 1980 or 81, the Rams hosted the Cowboys. Rams were ahead by 24 points, in the 3rd or 4th quarter. A Rams receiver dropped a pass and the fans booed. I kid you not.

That kind of stuff happened all the time.
LMAO! That just sounds horrific hahahaha. LA fans, we are some of the worst, excluding myself of course. Outside of more than half of them being fair weather fans, a good percentage don't even watch or keep up with the sport. Dodger tickets are so cheap, that its the "kick it spot". When I had Instagram a couple of the people I'd follow would post a **** ton of "@Dodger Stadium" pictures... So I hit them up, "hey let's to the Angels/Dodgers game, but I wanna go to a good pitching matchup, who would you rather see?" Their response, "oh I don't know anyone on the team, I just go to the game to support...." -_______- I hate fans like that... And then have the audacity to call themselves Dodger fans... and my fellow Laker breathren are worse than that.

I kind of believe football wouldn't do well in Los Angeles, especially now since everyone is pretty much a fan of everyone. Go to a neighborhood with 60 houses, you might will definitely find a fan of each team, so why relocate say the Jags or Rams or whoever back to LA, when Joe Blow is a Patriots fan? But boy I would love to see the Cowboys or Rams in person...

# 55 TDenverFan @ 05/22/13 03:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan
? the NCAA teambuilder sound bank has over 3.500 team names in it and I believe they still add to it every year.

I'm not knocking EA for this mode as I said at least their trying, but when they're supposed "little brother" has a better create a team feature going on 5 years now it's just a little sad
For NCAA, you can use any of the names on this list and the announcers will say it:

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/image..._nicknames.txt

I get for the first few years you may not have this many, but having at least a few hundred names is feasible. Plus, EA sports used to have a long list of generic logos, what happened to those?

# 56 debauchlord @ 05/22/13 04:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDenverFan
For NCAA, you can use any of the names on this list and the announcers will say it:

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/image..._nicknames.txt

I get for the first few years you may not have this many, but having at least a few hundred names is feasible. Plus, EA sports used to have a long list of generic logos, what happened to those?
Madden 25 is a bit different, as they came up with nicknames, backstories, audio, and hired Nike to make uniform designs for these imaginary teams. A bit more work went into them than I would have expected. Hopefully future iterations will have more than 17(?) relocation possibilities.

# 57 jpdavis82 @ 05/22/13 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by debauchlord
Madden 25 is a bit different, as they came up with nicknames, backstories, audio, and hired Nike to make uniform designs for these imaginary teams. A bit more work went into them than I would have expected. Hopefully future iterations will have more than 17(?) relocation possibilities.
I like the fact that they restricted it to only 17 relocation possibilities. This is realistic, as is the fact that they give you a few names choices for teams based on the fans voting.

# 58 d11king @ 05/22/13 04:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
I like the fact that they restricted it to only 17 relocation possibilities. This is realistic, as is the fact that they give you a few names choices for teams based on the fans voting.
I do think however though, some of the locations are a bit strange. Mexico City? Dublin? Sacramento??? Sacramento doesn't even know where to find the funds to build their NBA team a new stadium correct? I know Las Vegas has its issues on why they can't have a professional team, but I'd rather them then Mexico City. But realistically, as I stated in an earlier post, there's only about 3-4 teams in the NFL who would realistically relocate, and that's Jags, Bills, Rams off the top of my head. Anyone else, like Oakland, San Diego, Minnesota, they just need new stadiums.

# 59 Td1984 @ 05/22/13 04:51 PM
My moves:

-Rams (or Raiders or Chargers) back to LA

-Jags to London (even if London being in the AFC "South" would be kind of weird- suppose I could move Miami there instead since they're having issues getting a new stadium or getting the new one renovated)

-Bills to Toronto

-Jets to Brooklyn

-Vikings get new stadium

Not sure I'd make all the moves in one CFM.

# 60 The Craigler @ 05/22/13 05:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by d11king
I do think however though, some of the locations are a bit strange. Mexico City? Dublin? Sacramento??? Sacramento doesn't even know where to find the funds to build their NBA team a new stadium correct? I know Las Vegas has its issues on why they can't have a professional team, but I'd rather them then Mexico City. But realistically, as I stated in an earlier post, there's only about 3-4 teams in the NFL who would realistically relocate, and that's Jags, Bills, Rams off the top of my head. Anyone else, like Oakland, San Diego, Minnesota, they just need new stadiums.
Minnesota is building a stadium that will be ready in 2016, so they're for sure not moving.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.