Home
NBA Live 14 News Post

When the Xbox One launches this fall, it will be launching with two likely NBA titles with EA Sports showing off NBA Live today during the Microsoft Xbox Reveal -- ending all speculation about when we were going to see EA's NBA game. We posted several screenshots earlier from the Ignite Engine Trailer, which you can find here.

Game: NBA Live 14Reader Score: 4/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
NBA Live 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 nick_sr @ 05/21/13 07:00 PM
fans are standing here

# 22 poloelite @ 05/21/13 07:03 PM
No hate or fan boy antics, those pics look awful and the gameplay footage was BAAAADD!!!

# 23 KidHypeTellem @ 05/21/13 07:04 PM
I think a lot of you saying the pics look bad are being a tad dramatic.
I personally don't think it looks bad, however a few issues:
The player models tooooo skinny. Still seeing weird hunch back guarding. And lastly, based off of that CG gameplay, animations don't look too different but I'll wait and see on that. Oh and the empty bench but again I'll just wait and see how things turn out.

# 24 nick_sr @ 05/21/13 07:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KidHypeTellem
I think a lot of you saying the pics look bad are being a tad dramatic.
I personally don't think it looks bad, however a few issues:
The player models tooooo skinny. Still seeing weird hunch back guarding. And lastly, based off of that CG gameplay, animations don't look too different but I'll wait and see on that. Oh and the empty bench but again I'll just wait and see how things turn out.
well put. just don't know how some ppl can make a determination when they saw about 10 secs of game play

# 25 NikeBlitz @ 05/21/13 07:12 PM
EA SPORTS NBA ‏@EASPORTSNBA 44 min
@CobraG7 @RazzzzAFC Nope, we'll only be on Xbox One & PS4.

Well it's official, no PS3 or 360 version ...

# 26 TerryP @ 05/21/13 07:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILikeTheBraves
This screenshot is beautiful! 2k graphics are always worse than EA's. CLEARLY there is a light shining on one side of his face CLEARLY he is making a facial expression while directing his offense and CLEARLY the jersey isnt painted on do you not see under his pit where the jersey comes off of his body. You guys are just too scared to play anything other than 2k.
I hope you're kidding, as there's only been one game to play for several years now!

# 27 khaliib @ 05/21/13 07:22 PM
The big question is...

If these are shots that are to represent what Graphics will look like on the next consoles, this is not good considering EA has always had issues with player models and the rubbery look their skins seem to showcase compared to other games.

The visual upgrade of the Kyre shot compared to Live 8, 9, 10 is "VERY" much identical.

It seems that some folks have already set their minds to give EA a pass on the next consoles with excuses why even the Pre-Release info thus far doesn't seem to seperate that much from the current gen stuff we've seen.

I expected to be blown away by any visuals presented dealing with the next consoles.

# 28 Gramps91 @ 05/21/13 07:30 PM
I don't want to judge on way or the other yet. I was once more of a live fan than 2k which is insane to think of now. However, I HATE small player models, always have. I remember that NBA Live 2004 had huge player models and I loved it. Then the very next year they went back to small and I don't think there has been a better NBA Live since although 06 and 2010 were both pretty good.

Big Player Models EA. BIG PLAYER MODELS.

Still holding judgement though. 2k needs some competition.

# 29 Dazraz @ 05/21/13 07:33 PM
EA & the NBA. Please stop. It's getting quite embarrassing. How can EA release pictures that wouldn't be well received on current gen consoles let alone next gen.
EA are usually great at getting people excited for their games, even if they often fall short of expectations. The only people I can see being excited by these screenshots are 2K.

# 30 sportzbro @ 05/21/13 07:33 PM
DISNEY-PIXAR presents....

Basketball

# 31 itsbeefy11 @ 05/21/13 07:42 PM
i actually think that compared to the live 13/elite 11 videos that were released, what you could see in the reveal vid wasn't that bad.... still work to be done, but that's the initial look. heaps of time.

# 32 _-King-_ @ 05/21/13 07:43 PM
Those player models are something terrible.

# 33 queman11 @ 05/21/13 08:07 PM
last time I checked, centers didn't have the same body as PG's...the players models are anorexic, but the graphics are decent

# 34 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 05/21/13 08:13 PM
Hopefully we get gameplay at E3

# 35 ffaacc03 @ 05/21/13 08:16 PM
After this video/shots, I came away something like: graphically it is better, yet worse ? ... mostly, it didnt seem to help at all that it was showcased along other games that were better rendered ... the EA representant, if I am not wrong, even said that this new generation of consoles would allow for a much upgraded audience/ambient, then again, little of it, if anything, was showcased in Lives secuences nor did we see any glimpses of players contact or new animations.

Hopefully we get to see something meaningfull within E3.

# 36 jersez @ 05/21/13 08:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by apollooff320
hey everyone basketball players are skinny in real life.
Yeah they aren't as muscular as the 2k body types, but they aren't completely sticks.It's CGI or whatever, I'm not going to judge a game on a CGI trailer, need to see gameplay before doing that. I'm really curious about "ignite"

# 37 NINJAK2 @ 05/21/13 08:33 PM
That Live footage looked really bad imo but it is still very early as the game may not be out til November and there is no telling how old that tech footage is. Time will tell..

# 38 ccoaxum @ 05/21/13 08:40 PM
lol the centers are not that skinny if they fix the weight appearence to look different between every player instead every player looking like they on drugs then i'm 100% happy with it until then EA get to work on those modals and when comes to the graphics no comment cause thats not the game actual graphics so we will see how it really looks come E3

# 39 TreyIM2 @ 05/21/13 08:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeC
NEVER FORGET:

There would have been no way to patch this out due to said controls...
Lol. That's why it's called a glitch, babyboy. I wish I could fire up my PS3 and play that demo again, right now. The controls felt really good to me.

# 40 Melbournelad @ 05/21/13 09:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by apollooff320
hey everyone basketball players are skinny in real life.
They are nowhere near that skinny as they showed in the trailer. How can EA still not get the player models right? It was like this in live 10, it was like this in elite 11, and now it is still the same. I thought they rebuilt the engine? So how can they continue to make all the players like twigs?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.