Home
NBA Live 14 News Post

When the Xbox One launches this fall, it will be launching with two likely NBA titles with EA Sports showing off NBA Live today during the Microsoft Xbox Reveal -- ending all speculation about when we were going to see EA's NBA game. We posted several screenshots earlier from the Ignite Engine Trailer, which you can find here.

Game: NBA Live 14Reader Score: 4/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
NBA Live 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Championships @ 05/21/13 09:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream2k13
player models are horrible anyone can see that . Kevin love is skinner then a twig!
I guess you haven't heard that Kevin Love lost a ton of weight and really is about that skinny now.

# 42 bigsmallwood @ 05/21/13 10:11 PM
Wow....this looked really bad in motion at todays event and these screen shots are even worse. I just don't understand what they are doing...wow I hope E3 yields better.

# 43 NMHD @ 05/21/13 10:19 PM
FYI, confirmed by EA Nba account it will only be on Xbox One and PS4.
Quote:
@EASPORTSNBA: @CobraG7 @RazzzzAFC Nope, we'll only be on Xbox One & PS4.
Also, don't judge that video. Seems as it wasn't even close to what they'll be showing at E3.
Quote:
@EASPORTSNBA: @youngced7 Only gen-4 Cedric. The trailer was developed in a pre-rendered video format given the timing & planning required for this event.
People that don't have/ will not buy next gen, or can't afford them don't even have to worry about live. I'll for sure be picking up a Xbox One and Live 14.

# 44 Ermolli @ 05/21/13 10:20 PM
As most have said before, it didn't look good at all even though it's a CGI. In my opinion, the only good things from the video were the arena, lightning and the face expressions; the rest looked really bad specially the body models. It's hard for me to believe that NBA Live 06 (which was released 8 years ago) still has better graphics than a CGI trailer of a next gen console; it has better player models, jersey texture and quality, good player faces, lightining and arenas. Here's an example:

Do the Live really check what's wrong with what they have and try to improve that? Maybe I should reserve judgement for later but Live 14 clearly was the weakest part of the trailer.

# 45 chi_hawks @ 05/21/13 10:24 PM
graphics look very current gen to me. but gameplay is far more important IMO...hopefully they nail this part.

# 46 thetrueBROSKY @ 05/21/13 10:37 PM
thinks i saw watching the reveal when it happened
- players/everything have a lack of texture detail (like current gen games, whereas after playing 2k13 on pc, not close)
- faces looked strange even during non facial expression moments
- the dribbling looked atrocious and the scoop-layup that Irving did was damn ugly looking, for a cutscene/video, that looked BAD

honestly hearing Live was going to be shown at the reveal was hoping, even wanting, to see something impressive, but that was pretty bad...@ E3 i want to see gamplay if thats possible, but more than ever I want to see 2K

# 47 ccoaxum @ 05/21/13 10:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ermolli
As most have said before, it didn't look good at all even though it's a CGI. In my opinion, the only good things from the video were the arena, lightning and the face expressions; the rest looked really bad specially the body models. It's hard for me to believe that NBA Live 06 (which was released 8 years ago) still has better graphics than a CGI trailer of a next gen console; it has better player models, jersey texture and quality, good player faces, lightining and arenas. Here's an example:

Do the Live really check what's wrong with what they have and try to improve that? Maybe I should reserve judgement for later but Live 14 clearly was the weakest part of the trailer.
you right it does look pretty good base on the time it came out. I never played this game on a hdtv at the time when it came out so never realize how good the graphics was for this game, it actually looks better then live 10 as well smh..they need to build off this and would be good to go lol

# 48 youvalss @ 05/21/13 11:01 PM
I love 06's graphics, except for the player models and arm/forearm/leg proportions (which are so wrong). But the "next-gen" look it had (07 had it too I think)...they don't make 'em like that anymore.

# 49 balljonesjr @ 05/21/13 11:12 PM
Those players looked awful

# 50 RayRay34 @ 05/21/13 11:28 PM
MAN!!!!!!!! I was hoping for something that looked good and smooth..... Looks like I'm still waiting! EA needs to get player movement down first before they try and "pretty up" the game.... At least FIFA 14 looks sick!!!!

# 51 Jay Jay @ 05/21/13 11:50 PM
I actually liked what I seen in this video...sure everything is not on point but its alot of potential if what was seen represent the final game.

# 52 St3fN_sTrApS @ 05/22/13 12:11 AM
I think the graphics look super cartoony!!

# 53 jersez @ 05/22/13 12:43 AM
Honestly, player models isn't even the biggest issue, the biggest issue, is if the game will actually be release. I mean player "skinniest" really is nothing if the game doesn't come out. I think this year the devs will deliver a product, I hope it's solid and it's a game that can be build on to resurrect the franchise.

# 54 Guapo516 @ 05/22/13 01:23 AM
All this for a minuscule piece of footage. What you seen couldn't even be considered a snippet, but it looks bad? Seems like alotta you are predetermined not to like what ever you see from certain games (ea sports especially). #CudBeWrong but #ImJusSayin..

# 55 Iadf @ 05/22/13 02:15 AM
I'm more shocked at the people here who say it doesn't look that bad.
It clearly looks terrible and it's not even worth a debate.

# 56 Melbournelad @ 05/22/13 03:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guapo516
All this for a minuscule piece of footage. What you seen couldn't even be considered a snippet, but it looks bad? Seems like alotta you are predetermined not to like what ever you see from certain games (ea sports especially). #CudBeWrong but #ImJusSayin..
Why the hell are you using hash tags? Lol

# 57 mike44 @ 05/22/13 03:51 AM
looks way better than 2k's graphics and plus 2k players look to bulky and square shaped ea might have a good chance this year

# 58 mlp111 @ 05/22/13 07:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jersez
Yeah they aren't as muscular as the 2k body types, but they aren't completely sticks.It's CGI or whatever, I'm not going to judge a game on a CGI trailer, need to see gameplay before doing that. I'm really curious about "ignite"
just take a look at nba elite 11, nba live 13, same engine, different name, game looks identical in the way the move act etc, same engine,

# 59 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 05/22/13 08:15 AM
let's just wait til actual gameplay footage to judge.

Not saying the trailer didn't look bad. But who knows how it looks it gameplay.

# 60 Optik @ 05/22/13 08:48 AM
I'm thinking that the little snippet that was showed yesterday isn't close to what the game is going to be like, in terms of player models. In this trailer, all the players look like human Avatars but if you look at the NBA Live 13 official trailer (which now looks even worse compared to what we saw in 14), the players are stockier and look more like their real life counterparts, even though they still have hunched backs, so we can't accurately judge what the player models are going to look like.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.