Home
NBA Live 14 News Post

When the Xbox One launches this fall, it will be launching with two likely NBA titles with EA Sports showing off NBA Live today during the Microsoft Xbox Reveal -- ending all speculation about when we were going to see EA's NBA game. We posted several screenshots earlier from the Ignite Engine Trailer, which you can find here.

Game: NBA Live 14Reader Score: 4/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
NBA Live 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 razorkaos @ 05/22/13 08:57 AM
it looks cartoonish as hell! will nba live be an arcade game? its like nba jam...

# 62 bigeastbumrush @ 05/22/13 09:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ermolli
As most have said before, it didn't look good at all even though it's a CGI. In my opinion, the only good things from the video were the arena, lightning and the face expressions; the rest looked really bad specially the body models. It's hard for me to believe that NBA Live 06 (which was released 8 years ago) still has better graphics than a CGI trailer of a next gen console; it has better player models, jersey texture and quality, good player faces, lightining and arenas. Here's an example:

Do the Live really check what's wrong with what they have and try to improve that? Maybe I should reserve judgement for later but Live 14 clearly was the weakest part of the trailer.
Man..if they would've just stuck with these graphics and then went all hands on deck for animations, this series might've stayed alive. This vid was was more watchable than that Elite 13 demo.

I hope EA Game Changers are reading this: Animations, Animations, Animations!

Animations need to be your #1 priority.

If the game doesn't animate right, especially in Gen 4, just hang it up.

# 63 JODYE @ 05/22/13 09:21 AM
I pray to god that that CGI presentation was in no way shape or form a reflection of what the game is going to look like.

However, I have slight optimism that EA is choosing to go with a new physics engine across all sports titles. That at least should leave me to believe that they have some confidence that it will give us a more realistic representation of player movement and AI. However, EA has let us down in the past, so it's on them to properly implement it and make it work.

All I know is after that, they better be showing some gameplay, and quick.

# 64 Gramps91 @ 05/22/13 09:25 AM
^^^^ Man I miss starting lineup announcements.

I really think EA had a pretty good thing going with NBA Live 10. I'd played almost every live from 2000-2010 and it was my 3rd favorite.

NBA Live 2004
NBA Live 2006
NBA Live 2010
NBA Live 2000
NBA Live 2008
NBA Live 2005
NBA Live 2003
NBA Live 2002
NBA Live 2009

Only Played Live 2001 once so I really can't judge and never played Live 07.

I miss NBA Live. I hope they can get their stuff together. 2k won my heart with 2k7 but I still kept buying lives afterward just because I'm such an NBA nut. While 2k had better games in the end, both franchises had their strengths and NBA Live 2004 is arguably my favorite NBA game of all time.

# 65 titans321 @ 05/22/13 10:38 AM
Y'all b*tch and complain more than a group of high school girls. Who gives a sh*t about "player models?" NBA Live 10 looked like as* compared to NBA 2K10, but it was by far the superior game. Wait until y'all play the damn game first.

# 66 King_B_Mack @ 05/22/13 10:38 AM

Man, this is about to be another summer of blissful entertainment for me, I can see this already. The cycle continues. EA throws that dollar bill on a string out there and drags it down the street with like 40 dudes stepping over each other to chase it while everybody else on the street points and laughs.

The most important piece of news that comes out of this whole thing is that this is only dropping on PS4 and XBox One. Stupid decision making has been EA basketball's downfall in the first place and it's still going to hold them back. You're trying to bring back a franchise from near death and so you only release it on two brand new systems that won't be in near as many households as current gen systems? You're already further undercutting your potential sales with 2K more than likely dropping a launch title and the fewer number of people that will have the systems. It's a mind boggling decision.

As for the trailer. When was the last time EA dropped a CGI trailer that the animations ended up being completely different from what you saw there? This is the same thing we go through every year. They drop a trailer, it looks ****ty and then we get the crew that wants to wait for the gameplay videos to drop cause there's still time. Gameplay comes and it's still crap. This whole thing is like clockwork I swear. Can't wait for E3 and they don't show any meaty gameplay footage and the excuses change again.

# 67 Illanoize @ 05/22/13 11:32 AM
I agree, EA will have to show game play footage next month at E3 inorder to save face on their franchise. I'll be getting a Xbox One and ps4 on day one and hope I can have variety with my basketball games. 2k has a track record that will get my dollars out of pocket in exchange for their product. If Ea does not show any gameplay footage for me to judge for my self then I will never supprt a single basketball title they release in the future.

This has always been the ploy, of lack of any footage for 2k or ea. Nba live 10 with it's best outting to date had ton's of footage available for e3 and leading up into it's launch. the same can not be said about any game thereafter because info and visuals were hidden up into launch. negative response to sub par product was the result for poor follow through on Ea's behalf.

So the question isn't if the game will be good, but if they will show it off at E3 publicly, the most you would have heard for these past years abscence was that the game was shown privately, because it has never been ready.

If we see it at E3 then the game should be ok to play if we don't another cancellation may be in the works.
I'm hoping that it isn't

# 68 bigeastbumrush @ 05/22/13 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illanoize
I agree, EA will have to show game play footage next month at E3 inorder to save face on their franchise. I'll be getting a Xbox One and ps4 on day one and hope I can have variety with my basketball games. 2k has a track record that will get my dollars out of pocket in exchange for their product. If Ea does not show any gameplay footage for me to judge for my self then I will never supprt a single basketball title they release in the future.

This has always been the ploy, of lack of any footage for 2k or ea. Nba live 10 with it's best outting to date had ton's of footage available for e3 and leading up into it's launch. the same can not be said about any game thereafter because info and visuals were hidden up into launch. negative response to sub par product was the result for poor follow through on Ea's behalf.

So the question isn't if the game will be good, but if they will show it off at E3 publicly, the most you would have heard for these past years abscence was that the game was shown privately, because it has never been ready.

If we see it at E3 then the game should be ok to play if we don't another cancellation may be in the works.
I'm hoping that it isn't
If you read the tweet that was posted above, EA claims they weren't even ready for the Xbox One presentation. That trailer was just something that they threw together.

I'm a betting man and I'm pretty sure EA will not show ANY gameplay footage at E3. Too much to lose.

I'm sure they put out feelers after this trailer was released and the response has not been positive.

They're not going to show gameplay in just a few weeks at E3 and Cheddar Bob themselves.

# 69 jersez @ 05/22/13 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlp111
just take a look at nba elite 11, nba live 13, same engine, different name, game looks identical in the way the move act etc, same engine,
I never said the models were good, but I also stated that both 2k and EA player bodies aren't realistic, but me personally since it wasn't gameplay that was shown, I'm not going to judge the game, but I agree the movement looked awkward.

# 70 nick_sr @ 05/22/13 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EaglesFan1825
They did something right...
at one point yesterday, I saw over 15,000 in the live section lol

# 71 crazybandit2000 @ 05/22/13 01:09 PM
Its sad when you see a Nba Live trailer and think "Same Ol EA" ... and just like previous years on the forum casual sports gamers flock to nba live's defense as if we havent seen this before..

# 72 poloelite @ 05/22/13 01:38 PM
People are giving NBA Live more chances than it deserves. They sucked last gen up until Live 10 which was decent in comparison, failed with Elite twice, then Live again and now this on next gen. Why are people still holding out hope??

# 73 nick_sr @ 05/22/13 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by poloelite
People are giving NBA Live more chances than it deserves. They sucked last gen up until Live 10 which was decent in comparison, failed with Elite twice, then Live again and now this on next gen. Why are people still holding out hope??
like myself, some people just like nba live better

# 74 rockchisler @ 05/22/13 02:38 PM
Anyone familiar with what they call place holders? I believe the skinny legs and everyone is skinny look is what they are using until they can flesh out the game. Lets be patient till E3 and a lil after to see the direction it is going. I think we are getting a little over excited about this.

# 75 thedream2k13 @ 05/22/13 04:56 PM
not gonna lie the graphics look decent and unfortunately 2k has cartoon looking graphics which i am sure they will upgrade. These arent even the final product visuals so no judging yet

# 76 thedream2k13 @ 05/22/13 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_sr
like myself, some people just like nba live better
its the sim vs arcade . NBA live is in the arcadish realm . You cant like something that's been missing for 3 years

# 77 nick_sr @ 05/22/13 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream2k13
its the sim vs arcade . NBA live is in the arcadish realm . You cant like something that's been missing for 3 years
2k uses gimmicks to lure people. i want to play basketball, don't care for all that other flashy stuff

# 78 MarvinOida @ 05/22/13 06:07 PM
Quote:
2k uses gimmicks to lure people. i want to play basketball, don't care for all that other flashy stuff
I will disagree, everybody plays 2K cause its the only game out there and most people just wanna play a basketball game. I can almost guarantee you, no one bought 2K13 cause of Jay-Z, shirts on a myCareer player, certainly not for any weird feature, they bought cause its a basketball game.

I don't know bout live 14, but if it play like Live 10, which IMO, a great game, its something that can compete with 2K with the right adjustments, people will comeback including myself. But I disagree with the statement "Live is an arcade game," you can actually run plays in live more better than 2K, lol.

# 79 23 @ 05/22/13 06:11 PM
Quote:
Get out of here man. What has EA done that brings on the blind loyalty, Especially with this series?

I personally saw NBA Elite after they decided not to listen to the one sane man and his group in the company post Live 10. Carlos Boozer jumping from the Free throw line, Ice Hockey controls, timed jumpshots from anywhere on the court, and a host of buzzword is all EA was about.

I cant even believe you'd sit here and claim how much you love a game that hasnt been worth a dime to even release since freaking 2009 and you come in here bashing a game that you absolutely cannot deny that can boast the best basketball game ever created.

Its not that I hate EA, but its posts like yours that keep giving passes on complete manure while the rest of us are asking for the right thing to be done.

It doesnt even matter if this video like all of the others shoot up tons of red flags or you see players running around like stiff wax statues, it doesn't even matter if the players hardly resemble freaking people, you just want to continue to get stabbed in the backside because of brand loyalty.

and you want me to be convinced this is right and im supposed to believe this is exactly how Paul Pierce looks?

# 80 LingeringRegime @ 05/22/13 06:14 PM
Kyrie looks like he is suffering from malnutrition. Disappointed.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.