Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

Most of the cities you can move to in Madden NFL 25 Owner Mode were listed a couple of days ago. The Score received the full list of all 17 cities, including market size, fan personality and fan interest.
  • London, England
  • Los Angeles, California
  • Mexico City, Mexico
  • Toronto, Canada
  • San Antonio, Texas
  • Orlando, Florida
  • Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
  • Salt Lake City, Utah
  • Brooklyn, New York
  • Memphis, Tennessee
  • Chicago, Illinois
  • Sacramento, California
  • Columbus, Ohio
  • Portland, Oregon
  • Austin, Texas
  • Dublin, Ireland
  • Houston, Texas
Source - Madden 25 lets you to relocate your franchise to these 17 cities (The Score)

Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 moylan1234 @ 06/04/13 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Nike did work with them on the uniforms for the relocated teams.
not according to Kane and even if they did it doesn't automatically inspire me with confidence Nike has made plenty of bad uniforms as well

# 162 DeuceDouglas @ 06/04/13 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfctillidie
Where did you see this?

I saw in Shopmasters blog that there was 3 jersey options THEY designed for the teams, with a possible Nike Pro Combat option as a 4th but that was unconfirmed.
I think the Pro Combat stuff is different than anything else. I believe it's more of the completely over-the-top, insanely ugly type stuff that they outfit colleges in for certain games.

# 163 jpdavis82 @ 06/04/13 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan
not according to Kane and even if they did it doesn't automatically inspire me with confidence Nike has made plenty of bad uniforms as well
Oh that was just a rumor I guess, I think it got derived from this article, but all he says is they were told that there might be a Nike Pro Combat uniform option. There's actually not anything about Nike helping them with the uniforms in any of their official blogs or anything either, so I think what Kane said is true, but it was a rumor, not something EA lied about.

http://mymaddenpad.com/2013/05/21/co...our-franchise/

# 164 moylan1234 @ 06/04/13 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSerendipity
Unfortunately I do think the decent names are limited to half of the names provided. Let me list off the names from each city that I think work (because I'm bored):
Austin Desperados
Brooklyn Beats
Brooklyn Dodgers
Chicago Blues
Chicago Tigers
Columbus Aviaters
Dublin Shamrocks
Houston Gunners
Houston Oilers
London Black Knights
London Monarchs
Los Angeles Aftershock
Los Angeles Dreams
Memphis Steamers
Mexico City Diablos
Oklahoma City Bisons
Oklahoma City Night Hawks
Orlando Sentinels
Portland Lumberjacks
Portland Snowhawks
Sacramento Redwoods
Salt Lake City Pioneers
San Antonio Express
San Antonio Marshalls
Toronto Thunderbirds
So that's twenty-five names out of the fifty provided. And you could actually take away from that if you consider the fact that the Oilers, Monarchs, Dodgers and Desperados were already in use by another Professional team. And I will say that many of the names (if not most) seem like they'd fit an Arena Football Team (Desperados was an Arena Team) more than they would an NFL team.

But even with all of that said, I do think they've done a good job with the mode from what I've seen so far. And I love the fact that Nike has already made Uniforms for all of the teams. I definitely wouldn't mind rolling with some of the names they provided.
I appreciate the work but if I'm being honest I only like about 4 names on that list and two of them are Chicago which I'm not looking for because of the Bears obviously. My biggest disappointment is LA as it's definitely atop my list for relocation and I just don't like any of those names it would have been nice to start off with a new franchise, but like JP said I'll settle for bringing the Rams back

# 165 DeuceDouglas @ 06/04/13 04:30 PM
Quote:
Oh that was just a rumor I guess, I think it got derived from this article, but all he says is they were told that there might be a Nike Pro Combat uniform option. There's actually not anything about Nike helping them with the uniforms in any of their official blogs or anything either, so I think what Kane said is true, but it was a rumor, not something EA lied about.

http://mymaddenpad.com/2013/05/21/co...our-franchise/
This one too.

TSO - Madden NFL 25 Connected Franchise Preview

It flat out says:

Quote:
In one of the smarter design decision in my opinion, EA took each city/name combination and asked Nike to create various uniforms for each combination. That means each uniform will be professionally done, so I won’t ever have to play a team that uses “grass green” as a main color choice

# 166 jpdavis82 @ 06/04/13 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
This one too.

TSO - Madden NFL 25 Connected Franchise Preview

It flat out says:
Yeah I don't know, all I said was that it wasn't in any official blogs from EA.

# 167 DeuceDouglas @ 06/04/13 04:37 PM
Quote:
Yeah I don't know, all I said was that it wasn't in any official blogs from EA.
I know, I was just saying that's how the rumor was started as well. I'd imagine if they did do something like that it would have been front and center in the blog.

# 168 MrSerendipity @ 06/04/13 06:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenom8363
A quick question will you be able to relocate your team, keep your name, but change your jersey?
It doesn't seem like that will be the case. Granted, there isn't any evidence of that just yet. But given that you'll only have three options when you actually change the team, I don't think you'll have any options if you don't change the team.

# 169 jpdavis82 @ 06/06/13 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fnz
I really hope the actual team names for San Antonio & Columbus are spelled correctly (Aviaters? Marshalls?)

Can we "move" the Texans to Houston and name them the Oilers?
Yes you can recreate the Oilers

# 170 mercalnd @ 06/06/13 03:10 PM
Quote:
Yes you can recreate the Oilers
That was not his question. He wants to turn the Texans into the Oilers. Not sure that's possible given that it doesn't really involve relocation.

# 171 jpdavis82 @ 06/06/13 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercalnd
That was not his question. He wants to turn the Texans into the Oilers. Not sure that's possible given that it doesn't really involve relocation.
Oh ok, yeah I don't think you can actually "move" a team that resides in the same city.

# 172 LaW97 @ 06/06/13 05:26 PM
Most if those team names are horrendous

I almost think they did it on purpose

# 173 Geefeezy @ 06/06/13 05:31 PM
Why cant we play with our relocated team online?

# 174 DeuceDouglas @ 06/06/13 05:40 PM
I'm still very intrigued at how all this is going to work out. Obviously, logos like the Chiefs, 49ers, Jets, Giants, etc. aren't going to change if you decide to keep them. One of the things I'm interested in is how stuff like the endzones will look if you keep the names. If I move the Raiders to Los Angeles, will the endzone just be blank? Could it still say Oakland? My guess is that it would just change to an organic Raiders endzone with the AFC Logo or something. Going to be interested to see how all this plays out.

# 175 MrSerendipity @ 06/06/13 06:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
I'm still very intrigued at how all this is going to work out. Obviously, logos like the Chiefs, 49ers, Jets, Giants, etc. aren't going to change if you decide to keep them. One of the things I'm interested in is how stuff like the endzones will look if you keep the names. If I move the Raiders to Los Angeles, will the endzone just be blank? Could it still say Oakland? My guess is that it would just change to an organic Raiders endzone with the AFC Logo or something. Going to be interested to see how all this plays out.
I'm assuming that it will just copy what is already in the endzone and midfield of the initial stadium. Judging by the screenshot of the stadium selection screen, it looks like there are spots throughout the stadium in which your logo will be placed.

# 176 DeuceDouglas @ 06/06/13 06:16 PM
Quote:
I'm assuming that it will just copy what is already in the endzone and midfield of the initial stadium. Judging by the screenshot of the stadium selection screen, it looks like there are spots throughout the stadium in which your logo will be placed.
That's exactly my point. If I move the Raiders to LA in my CFM, I don't want to see this...

in the endzone. I'm hoping that they would just have some sort of original endzone layout where it just takes the team name and that's it with a maybe the logo and an AFC logo or the NFL logo. Something like this except with Raiders...

# 177 MrSerendipity @ 06/06/13 07:08 PM
Ah, I'm not sure. Seems like it would be an easy feature to include but I'm not sure if you'll really have a choice on that.

Don't like their endzone layout?

# 178 kehlis @ 06/06/13 07:10 PM
Quote:
Ah, I'm not sure. Seems like it would be an easy feature to include but I'm not sure if you'll really have a choice on that.

Don't like their endzone layout?
It says Oakland........

# 179 BigBurk94 @ 06/06/13 07:30 PM
Can you rename the team after you relocate?

# 180 MrSerendipity @ 06/06/13 09:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
It says Oakland........
2 and 2 = 22.

Yeah, totally missed on that.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.