Home
NCAA Football 14 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

There might be a few details that are hard to see in video form, here are 52 screenshots from the video to talk about.

And here's a quick breakdown of the features mentioned in the video:

Recruiting
  • Recruiting only done with points now, no more finding pitches
  • Bonus points are allocated per recruit when your strengths match his interests
  • Signing Day has been introduced for official commitments
Coaching Skills
  • RPG element to Coaching (Coach XP, levels and skills)
  • XP gained for on field performance, meeting milestones and even for recruiting
  • Structure of Coach Skills seem similar to NFL Head Coach 09 skill tree
  • Skills broken down into 3 categories (Recruiting, Offensive and Defensive)
  • HC controls how all skills are assigned (Can assign the skills for your OC and DC too)
  • Coordinators are only responsible for their own skills

NCAA Football 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NCAA Football 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NCAA Football 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NCAA Football 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NCAA Football 14Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 54 - View All
NCAA Football 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 sportzbro @ 05/28/13 04:23 PM
"All NEW!!" aka, exactly what I predicted yesterday - a manipulation of the recruiting points process, and further micromanagement of 'skills'. We've been asking for an immersive experience and that was accomplished primarily with presentation & fun factor on PS2/Xbox, not a waste of time upgrading minuscule traits that will hardly matter (not to mention probably more prompts for micro-transactions)... Is this Borderlands/Skyrim/Assasin's Creed? Or a sports game?

I just think someone else needs to be heading the direction of dynasty. It's flat, and has completely sucked each year on this generation of consoles.

# 142 clevenger77 @ 05/28/13 04:32 PM
And still no 85 man roster

# 143 sportzbro @ 05/28/13 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mckinley Cash
It's all about immersion. If you want to just play football they added a season mode.
Further use of arbitrary XP points =/= immersion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies7
I'm sadly unimpressed. Was really hoping to hear about dynasty specific presentation(Gameday) and also revamped Coaching Carousel.
Dude, it's literally every year.

# 144 sportzbro @ 05/28/13 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EASPORTS_AJ
Alright guys, that's all I have time for right now. We have some blogs going up later with more details on the new features. The video is obviously just an overview.

Those should answer a lot of these questions.

-AJ
"Sorry, done answering all the easy questions. The rest will be covered when you realize everything you actually care about hasn't been touched following your purchase. Please check the blog that will gloss over the remaining throw-in's and don't forget to purchase on July 9th!"

# 145 davo1021 @ 05/28/13 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pistonica
No..i saw in the trailer that you can go over 1000 points for a recruit...i believe it is possible
In the offseason there is no point limit. During the season there is a limit. You can raise this limit though with coach skill upgrades

# 146 tan_man @ 05/28/13 04:58 PM
Shew very unimpressed. I am so sick and tired of little gimmicky upgrades such as ultimate team, recruiting gimmicks, assistant coach hires. Who friggin cares? It's insulting to say Hey we have a newly revamped, exciting product this year.

What is so hard about upgrading user players in an OD from 12 to 24, 38, 120 etc???

Graphics anyone? Is current gen maxed out here???

Didn't see a thing about neutral site games, even though I do like this update.

Ultimate team? Don't need it. Wasted disc space as far as im concerned. UT is fantasy football that has no need in what we all seem to like and that's dynasty mode.

What has been fixed from an AI perspective? This is my greatest concern. The gimmicks, I could care less.

I know I am beating a dead horse but it makes me feel better.

# 147 tan_man @ 05/28/13 05:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BORN4CORN
"Sorry, done answering all the easy questions. The rest will be covered when you realize everything you actually care about hasn't been touched following your purchase. Please check the blog that will gloss over the remaining throw-in's and don't forget to purchase on July 9th!"
+1

Friggin' ridiculous. Makes me sick that EA is so sorry as a game developer.

# 148 moneal2001 @ 05/28/13 05:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tan_man
+1

Friggin' ridiculous. Makes me sick that EA is so sorry as a game developer.
EA doesn't develop games. They are a publisher. Tiburon(sp) develops this and Madden.

# 149 muleyman @ 05/28/13 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 32
What? He asked was there confirmation that only 12 teams are able to be used in an OD.
and I am saying that the answer was only for dynasty not teambuilder which was the initial question.

# 150 kjjnesb @ 05/28/13 05:15 PM
I was never big into recruiting personally but revamping the system to make it more accessible seems strange.. I mean I really think this mode is in need of some depth and more substance imo.

The whole thing with the coaches getting XP is a nice touch but I was somewhat hoping the more immerse aspects of Madden would make the jump.

# 151 Kingd803 @ 05/28/13 05:16 PM
When are the rest of the features going to be released? That's not all they did to dynasty this year is it?

After seeing the lack of improvements to gameplay I figured they must have been working all on dynasty. Or actually creating a great my player mode.

So there has to be more.

# 152 Skulletor @ 05/28/13 05:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by clevenger77
And still no 85 man roster
that would require actual effort...if its in the game it's in the...oh look ultimate team! Gimmick 14

# 153 tHurley2010 @ 05/28/13 05:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BORN4CORN
You know, he could just not answer any questions at all.

# 154 fballturkey @ 05/28/13 06:09 PM
Thank god recruiting will be faster now. That's a massive improvement for me.

# 155 Soonerfan14 @ 05/28/13 06:11 PM
There are some more improvements and changes, those two were just the two major changes, just have patience guys

# 156 rvrazorback @ 05/28/13 06:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tan_man
Shew very unimpressed. I am so sick and tired of little gimmicky upgrades such as ultimate team, recruiting gimmicks, assistant coach hires. Who friggin cares? It's insulting to say Hey we have a newly revamped, exciting product this year.

What is so hard about upgrading user players in an OD from 12 to 24, 38, 120 etc???

Graphics anyone? Is current gen maxed out here???

Didn't see a thing about neutral site games, even though I do like this update.

Ultimate team? Don't need it. Wasted disc space as far as im concerned. UT is fantasy football that has no need in what we all seem to like and that's dynasty mode.

What has been fixed from an AI perspective? This is my greatest concern. The gimmicks, I could care less.

I know I am beating a dead horse but it makes me feel better.
There are people who actually care about Ultimate Team and new recruiting. Not everyone is going to like the changes they make every year...

# 157 SageInfinite @ 05/28/13 06:22 PM
I must be tripping, because the ball carrier running actually looked decent on that quick in game clip. I want to see more now.

# 158 Ziza9Noles94 @ 05/28/13 06:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soonerfan14
There are some more improvements and changes, those two were just the two major changes, just have patience guys
Hoping you are right. It's almost 6:30 pm on the East Coast. If they are waiting to reveal more later in the day for the West Coast then cool. I think when a day is set aside for a big dynasty reveal and you only show 1 major aspect (Recruiting) and some (much needed I admit) fixes to coaching carousel, people are going to naturally think that's all they did. Unless of course the May 28th Dynasty Playbook release is really a three day event and we get more info coming.

# 159 Soonerfan14 @ 05/28/13 06:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziza9Noles94
Hoping you are right. It's almost 6:30 pm on the East Coast. If they are waiting to reveal more later in the day for the West Coast then cool. I think when a day is set aside for a big dynasty reveal and you only show 1 major aspect (Recruiting) and some (much needed I admit) fixes to coaching carousel, people are going to naturally think that's all they did. Unless of course the May 28th Dynasty Playbook release is really a three day event and we get more info coming.
I think that's what they are doing...yet released their major things today, and are going to startle letting stuff out the next couple of days.

# 160 b61mack @ 05/28/13 06:28 PM
In my humble opinion the biggest problem with this game over the years is player progression and import draft class issues. These things are never addressed and i do not think we will see this until next gen. Even then probably years into that.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.