Home
NCAA Football 14 News Post

With the trailer for NCAA Football 14 Dynasty Mode and 52 screenshots released earlier, there were a few articles written around the web today. Below are some that were found. If you find any, please add it in the comments and we'll add it here.

Game: NCAA Football 14Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 54 - View All
NCAA Football 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 BenGerman @ 05/28/13 12:42 PM
I said this in another thread, but I like everything they've showed, they just haven't showed enough for me to be excited.

It's kind of what I expected. EA seems to be going full throttle into next-gen, and as long as some of that time is being spent on a NCAA '15, I don't care about anything other than the game being better than it was last year -- and it looks like that will easily be the case.

This is what NCAA 2007 should have looked like, but I'm okay with it getting here now. Better late than never.

# 22 ClemTiger @ 05/28/13 01:19 PM
Wait, so the "big dynasty" reveal is just about recruiting changes? Is this it for this installment of this playbook? If so, this is weak.

# 23 mjwickstrom1 @ 05/28/13 01:34 PM
I wasn't planning on getting NCAA this year, and now I'm even more convinced not to get it. I still love NCAA 13, even though I only recruit in dynasty, and sim my games (Year 5, Kentucky).

I think the recruiting changes, most notably how you allocate points to recruits each week rather than call them, is ridiculous. It takes away the personality from the recruit, and the fun out of recruiting imo. It was always interesting to me seeing how different recruits felt about different pitches, and so on. Taking this away from recruiting is a big no-no for me. Making simpler isn't always going to make it better, and I think that's the case here.

I'll stick with NCAA 13, thank you!

# 24 wolverinemaniac @ 05/28/13 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjwickstrom1
I wasn't planning on getting NCAA this year, and now I'm even more convinced not to get it. I still love NCAA 13, even though I only recruit in dynasty, and sim my games (Year 5, Kentucky).

I think the recruiting changes, most notably how you allocate points to recruits each week rather than call them, is ridiculous. It takes away the personality from the recruit, and the fun out of recruiting imo. It was always interesting to me seeing how different recruits felt about different pitches, and so on. Taking this away from recruiting is a big no-no for me. Making simpler isn't always going to make it better, and I think that's the case here.

None of that was fun to me and im a pretty hardcore player it was just tedious and boring and made me turn away from the game due to not feeling like doing it it was repetitive.

# 25 mjwickstrom1 @ 05/28/13 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolverinemaniac
None of that was fun to me and im a pretty hardcore player it was just tedious and boring and made me turn away from the game due to not feeling like doing it it was repetitive.
To each his own. I would've AT LEAST still liked to have had the option to call recruits in '14, rather than...this...

# 26 smack23011 @ 05/28/13 01:45 PM
so nothing but recruiting and the addition of skill points or whatever it is was added. ummmmm I couldn't swore dynasty had a lot more than that in the previous years. I'll wait till later for I hope the rest of the info but you can tell that Ben will simply focus on this. sigh annoying

# 27 Strategizer @ 05/28/13 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjwickstrom1

There are still dynamic pitches and recruit interests. If anything, the deal breakers, lock outs and dynamic recruit progression add more personality to the recruits.

# 28 Captain Fear @ 05/28/13 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strategizer
There are still dynamic pitches and recruit interests. If anything, the deal breakers, lock outs and dynamic recruit progression add more personality to the recruits.
I feel like people don't really understand how this will work. If you listened to the podcast this new recruiting is sounding pretty cool. You still have all the pitches it will just be less time consuming.

# 29 BearsNVA @ 05/28/13 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Fear
I feel like people don't really understand how this will work. If you listened to the podcast this new recruiting is sounding pretty cool. You still have all the pitches it will just be less time consuming.
Yeah, I'm not sure what everybody is annoyed with either.

I started playing NCAA 13 again about a month ago. It seems like most of the things that irked me have been fixed. Mainly:

- The monotonous nature of recruiting: find 3 or 4 pitches rated high, very high or most, pound them every week until the recruit has been wowed into submission, land recruit.

-The fact that how you play weighs on how recruits make decisions and things open up more is great.

-It seems like the recruits are going to have more of a "real person" feel to them.

-The post season time period seems to be VERY important now. That's a good thing and adds a layer to the game. It's kind of like a video game version of what the real life NFL has done. They turned the NFL into a 365 day a year football fan experience. As soon as the Super Bowl is over, people start talking about the Combine, Free Agency, and the Draft.

By them adding the last two weeks into the fold, it seems like you will actually have to work on getting those recruits to sign on the dotted line, as opposed to 5 weeks of recruiting scrubs or the last couple people that didn't sign weeks before.

# 30 sportzbro @ 05/28/13 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemTiger
Wait, so the "big dynasty" reveal is just about recruiting changes? Is this it for this installment of this playbook? If so, this is weak.
It's quite obvious EA is packing it in with NCAA... Hopefully they are just gearing up for next-gen in 2014, but I wont hold my breath.

# 31 drlw322 @ 05/28/13 05:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BORN4CORN
It's quite obvious EA is packing it in with NCAA... Hopefully they are just gearing up for next-gen in 2014, but I wont hold my breath.
thats what i was saying

# 32 BLACKjersey53 @ 05/28/13 05:26 PM
Was hoping for a spring game or practices before the season. It'd be nice to actually use my new recruits in a game like setting (even if it's just practice within dynasty mode) so I can kind of have an idea how I want to set my depth chart going in to a season. I do like the shortened off season recruiting. I won't have to take a nap while simming through it this year and I'll actually recruit off season.

# 33 tacosaban @ 05/28/13 05:28 PM
Anyone know if de-committments are in this year? Who didn't know that recruiting was gonna be involved with dynasty mode this year? Weak announcement IMO. I do like the new coaching deal. Also, would have been sweet if they had said and this year you will be able to connect with your online opponent when you play your bowl games.

# 34 Ziza9Noles94 @ 05/28/13 05:34 PM
It would have been less of a swerve if they just named the Playbook Recruiting instead of Dynasty. More to the point and people would have expected less in the way of overall changes to dynasty as a whole.

# 35 tical2399 @ 05/28/13 06:10 PM
Does anybody know if you can now control more than one school? Now that the draft classes are back I'm looking for load the 49ers up with FSU and FIU players so I want to control both schools and have tons of draft ready players for both (more work for FIU obviously).

# 36 Wildcats302 @ 05/28/13 06:54 PM
Pretty underwhelmed with the dynasty info so far. Madden seems to be the much superior product IMO. If this game did not come out like 7 weeks before Madden there would be 0 chance I'd purchase it. Now I may fall into the trap or I may just try to buy a couple of non-sports game that have decreased in price like AC III and some other game.

# 37 vanderbiltfan87 @ 05/28/13 07:08 PM
I'm convinced that the NCAA team is super small. There just can't be that many developers working on this game for the minimal production that has been yielded year after year this generation.

# 38 carnalnirvana @ 05/28/13 07:42 PM
we need coaches playcalling upgrades EA...

the basic aggressive v conservative isn't even working anymore...

i like what i heard but PLAYCALLING needs to be fixed....

or

we must be able to assign custom gameplans or playbooks to coaches.... give us custom assignable gameplans like madden and the community will fix alot of the playcalling issues.

# 39 Mckinley Cash @ 05/28/13 07:47 PM
I would've liked for them to use a calendar view and add at least 4 practices and a spring game in the 2 week off-season

# 40 evljstr @ 05/28/13 08:16 PM
Is there any indication that the painfully slow menus have been sped up? I love recruiting, but menu transition is so slow its very frustrating.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.