Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

MyMaddenPad has posted details on formation audibles in Madden NFL 25.

Quote:
In real life, coaches call plays based on personnel and that’s what EA wants players to do. They want more realistic play calling and more realistic audibles being called.

While playing Madden NFL 25 in early May I dove into how this system worked first hand and it worked as expected. Each formation had their own set of audibles you can audible to within that formation. How to set up your audibles is easy too. You would go into the ‘Coaching Options’ under the ‘Customize’ tab and then you go to ‘Customize Playbooks’ which will allow you to update audibles and plays for all playbooks. From this screen you’ll be able to create a playbook or edit an already existing playbook. If you go to the audible tab you’ll see the formation in a big screen that shows you the personnel with 4 audibles for that formation on the right side. Pressing the confirm button takes you to a screen where you can replace one of the audibles with any of the plays in the formation. It’s still unclear if all the plays in that formation will be available or just the plays from that formation in that playbook.

UPDATE: Shopmaster updated the article with some more information.

Kolbe (Madden Creative Director) also chimed in with a few items of interest.

Quote:
While on the field, you CAN audible to any Formation and Set combination that shares the personnel group you have on the field.

For example - lets say you're the Cardinals, because everyone wants to be the Cardinals. You're on the field in Shotgun Bunch (11 personnel) - you complete the previous pass and no huddle. You then bring up the audible menu and you have audibles for:

Shotgun - Bunch, Y-Trips HB Wk, Normal HB Wk, Split Close, Trio
Singleback - Tight Doubles, Z-Trip

In this case, that's a total of 28 audibles at the line - Congratulations, you're Peyton Manning.

Source - Madden NFL 25 Quick Hits: Formation Audibles (MyMaddenPad)

Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Trick13 @ 05/28/13 10:27 AM
That is freaking awesome news!!! The fact that it will change some "shenanigans" is simply a bonus in my opinion. The real news here is being able to edit your formation audible for each formation which I have been begging for over and over again. Man I am so stoked about this.

Now, if we could just get back custom packages I would really be flipping excited. Maybe next year they will redo the trenches for passing and start on WR/DB interactions and put in custom sub packages, fingers crossed...

# 2 tfctillidie @ 05/28/13 10:31 AM
Excellent news. Very good addition.

# 3 TheDelta @ 05/28/13 10:44 AM
Absolutely loving it.

# 4 Cryolemon @ 05/28/13 10:56 AM
Would be better if it allowed you to use any play from a formation with the same personnel (eg from a base I formation, with 2 WRs and a TE to a formation with the TE in the slot).

# 5 Trick13 @ 05/28/13 11:00 AM
I agree that some flexibility would be nice, but I am ok with it how it was described. Not perfect but I would rather they erred on the side of caution for now and maybe expand it later if it works out as they built it this year.

# 6 BezO @ 05/28/13 12:24 PM
Plays based on personnel, but audibles based on formation? Better than nothing, but not there yet.

# 7 N51_rob @ 05/28/13 12:53 PM
All things considered I actually like this move. I like that they are looking to get rid of people manipulating the personnel screen to get the defense in bad match-ups. So it is progress in the right direction as far as I am concerned.

# 8 TomBrady @ 05/28/13 02:32 PM
Quote:
In a meeting with Developers in February, it was indicated to me that EA wanted to stop those kinds of “Shenanigans” and made a statement of “That doesn’t happen in the NFL, it shouldn’t happen in Madden.
Really? I guess Peyton Manning and the Denver Broncos doesn't play in the NFL then:

I really don't see how decreasing the realism and freedom in the game could be considered a good move. Then again, I don't play online, and don't abuse the current system offline.

# 9 cmehustle @ 05/28/13 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomBrady
Really? I guess Peyton Manning and the Denver Broncos doesn't play in the NFL then:

I really don't see how decreasing the realism and freedom in the game could be considered a good move. Then again, I don't play online, and don't abuse the current system offline.
That is a awesome find. The problem is like the article outlined people going from a 5 wide, to a goal line with recievers at all the positions. To me Madden had to go this route. One day maybe give certain qbs the ability to change formations, but for now I will settle for this over the alternative.

# 10 kehlis @ 05/28/13 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
In reference to the video and I state this a lot, there is a clear difference in a practiced/setup play/adjustment/audible and the exploitation that goes on in Madden.

What was in the video is likely a predetermined formation shift, rather than an on the fly audible to an entirely different play/formation, there is a difference.
Plus that play isn't something Madden is even trying to stop, that was the Broncos adjusting from a bunch formation with tight ends to a stretch which is a perfectly common play.

They are trying to prevent users from adjusting wideouts into bunch formations to exploit the AI which is not something you see.

# 11 Ronnie brown23 @ 05/28/13 02:50 PM
we should at least be able to audible between formations with the same personnel groupings. like from sb 3WR 1 TE 1RB to shotgun 3WR 1TE 1RB. that's my only problem with the new system.

# 12 RandyBass @ 05/28/13 03:16 PM
This was a much needed move. They've been using the same unrealistic audible system for like basically forever, with the only change being the tacked on four "generic" plays like play action, etc. mapped to the right stick.

Formation shifts would be a nice addition, but it's a relatively minor detail at this point. Let's you know, see if we can get the AI to call a decent game first before we start confusing it with formation shifts.

# 13 Facts @ 05/28/13 03:29 PM
Finally though, I can run the 9ers offense like the 9ers offense. So many different looks. Really love what this new team has done with Madden since 12. Hope you guys make a great transition to the next generation.

# 14 jpdavis82 @ 05/28/13 03:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Facts
Really, that's your biggest complaint? smh whatevers

Finally though, I can run the 9ers offense like the 9ers offense. So many different looks. Really love what this new team has done with Madden since 12. Hope you guys make a great transition to the next generation.
This current team actually wasn't in place until 13, Cam Weber came in to wrap up M12, but I agree, I like the direction this team has this franchise heading.

# 15 Facts @ 05/28/13 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
This current team actually wasn't in place until 13, Cam Weber came in to wrap up M12, but I agree, I like the direction this team has this franchise heading.
13 was their first full year of development. They played a big part in the change of direction from 12 though.

# 16 jpdavis82 @ 05/28/13 03:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Facts
13 was their first full year of development. They played a big part in the change of direction from 12 though.
I believe that is true, I know Rex Dickson Gameplay Designer(M25) wasn't even there at all until the end of 13. I think of all the gameplay devs I've been impressed with, he's at the top of the list. The podcast he did last week with Rich Grisham really made an impression on me. He's kind of like Cam Weber's right hand man now, along with Mike Young, so I feel even better about the future now with him on board.

# 17 hanzsomehanz @ 05/28/13 04:02 PM
" In a meeting with Developers in February, it was indicated to me that EA wanted to stop those kinds of “Shenanigans” and made a statement of “That doesn’t happen in the NFL, it shouldn’t happen in Madden.” "

Loving the stance! And as much as I appreciate the effort to wind-up: I am taken back by the delivery and stunning follow-thru!

EA is an empire and should not be influenced to run the empire off the shenanigans of the "kids" and the riff raffs of the community.

More statements like the above and the follow-thru thereafter will assure me the leadership is righting the ship. I can overlook graphics and even physic deficiencies so long as EA is banking on aligning their game developments with their "its in the game" motto.

Perefect pitch!

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 2

# 18 48 hours @ 05/28/13 04:32 PM
I hope the defense doesn't become dumb during the formation audible. There are still glitches when I call cover 1 and cover 0 schemes when defensive backs line up goofy on the receivers.

# 19 Trick13 @ 05/28/13 04:44 PM
Will defense be following the same rules?

In other words, if I come out in nickel, will I be restricted to nickel plays, and further will I finally be able to get rid of the Cover 2 from the "formation audibles" and insert a play of my choosing, just like you are going to be able to do offensively?

# 20 48 hours @ 05/28/13 04:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trick13
Will defense be following the same rules?

In other words, if I come out in nickel, will I be restricted to nickel plays, and further will I finally be able to get rid of the Cover 2 from the "formation audibles" and insert a play of my choosing, just like you are going to be able to do offensively?
We can only hope

« Previous12345Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.