Home
NCAA Football 14 News Post

It’s Episode 26 of the Press Row Podcast, as we welcome back 4-time guest Ben Haumiller to talk all about the new features available in online and offline Dynasty mode in this year’s NCAA 14. Ben goes into detail about the significant updates to recruiting, coaching, and more. As always. Ben’s enthusiasm for the game comes through loud and clear, as it’s an informative and entertaining session. Is it what you were hoping for?
Joining us this week:

Ben Haumiller, EA Sports (@benhaumiller)
And your host, Richard Grisham, GamesRadar (@richgrisham)

Send us your feedback! We love to hear from you and can’t wait to read your stuff on the air in a future episode. Do it one of these ways:

1) Follow the show on Twitter at @PressRowPodcast and send us some Tweets while you’re there
2) Email the show at [email protected]
3) Respond to this post

Also, the Press Row Podcast is now available on iTunes (https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...ow/id563624090) and Stitcher Radio (http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/oper...ss-row-podcast), so subscribe to it and rate it too!

Enjoy the show!

Run Time: 40:15

If you can't view or listen to the embedded player below, please click here.

Game: NCAA Football 14Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 54 - View All
NCAA Football 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 pj_28 @ 05/28/13 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ActLikeYouCrow
so basically they went to work immediately on getting notre dame's 5 acc teams into their nonconference schedule before they knew what 5 teams were going to be.
"unfortunately we're not going to be factually accurate" - in regards to notre dame's schedule

that said there were some good things in the first 20 minutes in regards to planning recruiting visits.
Ok I miss heard him then, I take by my defense of the playoff not being in since they didn't know the details. I thought he had said that they had ND's stuff and that is why it got put in. I was fighting a screaming toddler while listening so I blame the kid.

# 22 Aggies7 @ 05/28/13 08:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
I have not heard the podcast yet, but does Ben mention anything at all about Presentation in Dynasty?
Ha I asked same thing on here and folks just said it was released weeks ago during Presentation blog.

At least a few of us were expecting more dynasty specific presentation news. But looks like there will be nothing new which is disappointing.

# 23 huskerwr38 @ 05/28/13 11:17 PM
Did he say anything about recruits de-commiting?

# 24 ActLikeYouCrow @ 05/29/13 12:27 AM
nope didnt mention that. basically recruiting is a lot more streamlined with the points system. bigger schools have a tangible advantage though i cant remember if it was points or what, but there is a maximum amount of points you can spend on one recruit so that you dont have someone spending all their points on one player a week and then going onto the next guy.

theyre taking steps to make the recruiting more realistic, but hopefully things start going hand in hand when they jump to next generation. there needs to be 85 man rosters, there needs to be balanced injuries and gameplay across the board to make balanced recruiting matter, and the roster depth chart issues that has jsmitty tearing out his hair needs to be fixed.

# 25 cbuhl79 @ 05/29/13 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziza9Noles94
Cool. This will be sweet if people are planning to leave them as an IND. Hopefully moving them into a custom conference though doesn't cause the scheduling logic or dynasty itself to go haywire. Like I wouldn't want them to be locked into playing five ACC games year two and beyond if they are in a Custom Conf with 13 other teams.
If you put ND in a conference, it will schedule all the conference games FIRST, then it will schedule all of their annual rivals, and THEN it will try to schedule the games that are scheduled in real life (like the ACC games). Since the first two steps will probably fill most of the schedule, you won't get very many, if any, ACC games.

# 26 mre @ 05/29/13 10:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies7
Ha I asked same thing on here and folks just said it was released weeks ago during Presentation blog.

At least a few of us were expecting more dynasty specific presentation news. But looks like there will be nothing new which is disappointing.

From the Presentation Playbook:
Quote:
There are also special storylines in store for the most dedicated Dynasty gamers. Some won’t become available until at least your 2nd year as a coach, while others take much more time to unlock.

I would imagine that these 'storylines' would be something that are mentioned by Rece Davis at the beginning, middle, or end of a game.

# 27 Bumble14 @ 05/29/13 10:26 AM
Hey All- we implemented pregame stories and in game stories about players/coaches/teams that are dynasty specific.

I think you all will enjoy them.

# 28 Jeremy.Horne.SC @ 05/29/13 10:35 AM
Nothing about toning down player progression? For me that's been the biggest issue keeping me from really enjoying dynasty mode in '13.

# 29 jeremym480 @ 05/29/13 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumble14
Hey All- we implemented pregame stories and in game stories about players/coaches/teams that are dynasty specific.

I think you all will enjoy them.
Awesome. When can we see an example?

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.