Home
MotoGP 13 News Post

The MotoGP 13 demo will arrive on June 12th for PS3 and Xbox Live Gold users. Xbox Live Silver users will have to wait until June 16th.

Game: MotoGP 13Reader Score: Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS Vita / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 0 - View All
MotoGP 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 geisterhome @ 07/04/13 04:32 PM
just purchased my xbox version of the game! i have it for vita, pc (didnt run very well) and as i said xbox, it was the first game i ever had for 2 platforms and now it even became 3

# 62 Jordanfan23 @ 07/05/13 01:18 AM
OK, I finished the 1st season in Moto3 and won the championship. Signed with a team for some reason I thought was a Moto2 team and in the first race of the season I am still in Moto3? Has anyone advanced and signed with a Moto2 team? And if so, was it after the 1st season or middle or end of Season 2 or what? Idon't want to race in Moto3 for 2 or 3 seasons, I want a big boy bike!!!!

# 63 cfiore @ 07/05/13 11:07 AM
I'm just wondering if anyone knows how many seasons the career mode lasts or that you can race for?

# 64 geisterhome @ 07/05/13 04:50 PM
can somebody maybe explain just briefly when to use rear break and when the front break? i dont really get the concept (even though im a motorcyclist myself, just not a sporty one) and what botton configuration is the best for each of them? which should i rather put on one of triggers? would be great, i really want to get as much sim out of this game as possible!

# 65 xWillx11 @ 07/05/13 07:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordanfan23
OK, I finished the 1st season in Moto3 and won the championship. Signed with a team for some reason I thought was a Moto2 team and in the first race of the season I am still in Moto3? Has anyone advanced and signed with a Moto2 team? And if so, was it after the 1st season or middle or end of Season 2 or what? Idon't want to race in Moto3 for 2 or 3 seasons, I want a big boy bike!!!!
In my first full season i was on the Red Bull KTM in moto 3 for the whole season although it gave me a chance to switch teams twice. For the start of my 2nd season i signed with NGM mobile racing and won 3 of the first 6 races. After the 6th race it gave me a chance to sign with other teams. I had a CRT offer to join the Gresini team but I stayed in Moto 2 to go for the Championship and signed with HP Tuenti 40.

# 66 xWillx11 @ 07/05/13 07:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfiore
I'm just wondering if anyone knows how many seasons the career mode lasts or that you can race for?

There is no cap so it goes as long as you want. You can also reset your career in the main menu.

# 67 Jordanfan23 @ 07/06/13 12:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xWillx11
In my first full season i was on the Red Bull KTM in moto 3 for the whole season although it gave me a chance to switch teams twice. For the start of my 2nd season i signed with NGM mobile racing and won 3 of the first 6 races. After the 6th race it gave me a chance to sign with other teams. I had a CRT offer to join the Gresini team but I stayed in Moto 2 to go for the Championship and signed with HP Tuenti 40.

OK great, this question has been eating at me all day!

# 68 Jordanfan23 @ 07/08/13 03:34 AM
After about 22 races in Moto3, I finally signed with a MotoGP team! And wow! I've waited up to this point to use the GP bikes and the difference in power and braking is both well done and feels like riding a totally different machine. You really have to find the sweet spot between throttle and tucking coming out of turns. It has added a whole new aspect to the game for me.

I also checked about 5est today and there were over 15 servers online so that's good news.

# 69 Pappy Knuckles @ 07/08/13 04:26 AM
What's the deal with this game? Did this not get released in the U.S. or something? I want to get this for 360.

# 70 ROABS @ 07/08/13 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
What's the deal with this game? Did this not get released in the U.S. or something? I want to get this for 360.
no U.S release yet for the 360. the only way to get it in the U.S is steam or ps3 and change your region.

# 71 Jordanfan23 @ 07/08/13 08:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROABS
no U.S release yet for the 360. the only way to get it in the U.S is steam or ps3 and change your region.
Pappy, it looks like you have a PS3. If you do then it's worth picking up for the PS3! Runs really well on my NTSC system and the game is one of the better MotoGP game offerings in recent years! Definitely worth a look! Plenty of places to order it from and have it shipped to the US too!

# 72 BIG CAROLINA @ 07/10/13 09:40 AM
Still grinning from ear to ear playing Offline only....... Online is good if you can find people who don't cut corners or cut through the grass or use run-off areas (with no slow down or penalty). But SBK is the same exact way

This game needs drive through penalties or time penalties

I restarted my career after the Moto 2 & 3 updates... I wanted to jump on the Mahindra being that we all know that the KTM is the class of the field..which mirrors real life.

I am not in a rush to get to Moto 2 or Moto 1.... Tyring to live the life of a true up and coming rider. The majority of riders stay in Moto 3 & 2 for 2 years or more in real life.

On the Mahindra your engineer is your friend... My 1st race my objective was to finish 15th and I finished 12th...My rival came in 11th and I passed him on the last lap.So I feel I did the right thing by restarting. I was just dominant on the KTM.

I tried 50% races but I noticed that I don't get into my rhythm until about the halfway point so... back to 100%. Besides I feel that games with tire wear starts acting funky with anything less than 100% races (just my opinion and not gospel).

With my new found dislike for online racing due to guys who are only concerned about turning the fastest lap of the race...this game is just what I need

# 73 Jordanfan23 @ 07/18/13 12:50 PM
Carolina, I couldn't agree more, there has to be a penalty system set in place for cheaters and corner cutters. How someone could be that big of a Leaderboard whore is beyond me but there are ridiculously unreal times posted!!!

I am also still loving the game and there is supposed to be a patch for the PS3 and 360 versions today, which I'm guessing will add Time Trial finally, and make the game, at least for me, complete!!!

I have raced a Career in Moto3, MotoGP, and am now in a Moto2 season. The difference in the bikes is so incredibly well done that each class feels totally different when it comes to power, braking, and handling!!! Had some great races on Medium difficulty in MotoGP, where the races, even from the pole are tough! I am considering a jump to Hard AI difficulty, which I raced one race on and had to be perfect in Qualifying, and won the race by .05, so the intensity was realistic.

It's really sad people are cheating online because that is usually a fun mode and I've already had too many people just ram into me around corners going way too fast, so between that and corner cutters, it is ruining the online portion for me. I remember racing with a big group of guys from XboxLiveaddicts on prior games that raced correctly and it was beyond fun!! Hopefully there are still servers out there like that!!!

# 74 inkcil @ 07/20/13 03:46 PM
Quote:
Carolina, I couldn't agree more, there has to be a penalty system set in place for cheaters and corner cutters. How someone could be that big of a Leaderboard whore is beyond me but there are ridiculously unreal times posted!!!

I am also still loving the game and there is supposed to be a patch for the PS3 and 360 versions today, which I'm guessing will add Time Trial finally, and make the game, at least for me, complete!!!

I have raced a Career in Moto3, MotoGP, and am now in a Moto2 season. The difference in the bikes is so incredibly well done that each class feels totally different when it comes to power, braking, and handling!!! Had some great races on Medium difficulty in MotoGP, where the races, even from the pole are tough! I am considering a jump to Hard AI difficulty, which I raced one race on and had to be perfect in Qualifying, and won the race by .05, so the intensity was realistic.

It's really sad people are cheating online because that is usually a fun mode and I've already had too many people just ram into me around corners going way too fast, so between that and corner cutters, it is ruining the online portion for me. I remember racing with a big group of guys from XboxLiveaddicts on prior games that raced correctly and it was beyond fun!! Hopefully there are still servers out there like that!!!
Do you have to log into a UK account to download the patches for this game. I heard the time trial was out already.

# 75 Jordanfan23 @ 07/23/13 03:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by inkcil
Do you have to log into a UK account to download the patches for this game. I heard the time trial was out already.
No sir, it will prompt you as soon as the game launches! And yep, Time Attack is what they call it, but it's in and the leader boards are working!! Loving it! The patch supposedly fixed a number of other issues with the game too. I am loading it up right now to get a good feel for it post-patch, and to definitely run some Time Attack laps! I am really impressed with Milestone's attention and dedication!

# 76 inkcil @ 07/23/13 11:20 PM
Quote:
No sir, it will prompt you as soon as the game launches! And yep, Time Attack is what they call it, but it's in and the leader boards are working!! Loving it! The patch supposedly fixed a number of other issues with the game too. I am loading it up right now to get a good feel for it post-patch, and to definitely run some Time Attack laps! I am really impressed with Milestone's attention and dedication!
Thanks man! Late to the party but I just downloaded the demo over the weekend and I can't believe how much more I'm enjoying it than SBK 08-SBK 10 (didn't import 11 or Generations). Is it just me or is there something special about this moto game that has been missing from moto games this whole generation?

# 77 TCrouch @ 07/24/13 11:24 AM
There's something special, for sure. I don't even like motogp/sbk games for the most part since Superbike 2001 on PC. This hits on all cylinders. Even the helmet camera works, which is amazing. AI is raceable and not cheap.

The only thing it's missing is higher production values for a wider audience, but it's the best moto game I've played in years...maybe ever.

# 78 Jordanfan23 @ 07/24/13 08:38 PM
I have to agree guys, it's the best MotoGP game I've personally ever played and the most fun I've had with a Moto game since Tourist Trophy! I keep coming back for more and more! Played a few more matches online and there is still a little lag from the servers being overseas but they were still fun and competitive, minus the douch who stopped in the middle of a fast part of a track and sat there the whole race where he was unavoidable!

Loving the Time Attack too, it's nice to run a clean lap with no traffic and then compare it to the rest of the players on the leader boards! You can always tell the cheaters/track cutters because the first 5 or 6 leader's times on each board are 10-20 seconds faster than the legit times at about 8th place. Milestone has been GREAT about patching goings so hopefully they implement a penalty system for cheaters soon! Or do like they did for a couple of the MotoGP games where if you don't run a clean lap (no tire off the course or wrecks obviously) then your lap doesn't count period!

Other than that GREAT effort Milestone! Thank you for THE Moto racer a lot of us have been waiting to get out hands on for years now!! And for listening to user feedback and not just acting on it, but doing it in an incredibly timely manner!!!

I have to think, with the game being this good, the only place Milestone failed is by NOT releasing the game in the United States! Especially with 3 races here this year that are all very well attended! And the popularity of MotoGP is on the rise in the U.S.! If I was Milestone, with the game being first day patchable and all the DLC that's already available, I would release it in America, especially so people can play it on their NTSC Xbox 360s!! And market it's release halfway decently on Speed, especially during any Moto broadcast (dirt bike racing, FIM motorcycle racing, all over MotoGP races and commercials) , especially with the distinct message that it's Out Now at American Retailers for your Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 gaming systems! I would also throw it up on the US Xbox Live and PSN Stores as a digital download! There are 2 races here in the next month too!! What better time! They had a playable MotoGP 08 game kiosk in the infield of the Indianapolis GP when I went and people were lined up to play and it was always a popular spot! That right there would get the word out! I just think their missing/have missed a huge opportunity to sell a lot more copies and really widen their customer base! Hell, you have two weeks, print up ticket lanyards, throw some signs, kiosks, and commercials together, have a contest where you have giveaways for copies of the new version of the game for winning a split screen race you sign up for at the kiosk! I should be their marketing director because these are easy and great ideas that would save them from losing a huge part of sales and fan base!! Sorry for the rant, back to Time Attack lmao!

# 79 inkcil @ 07/28/13 09:00 PM
Can anyone answer if '13 has challenge mode races in it like past SBK games where you had to do "overtake challenges" or "wheelie for 60 seconds" or "checkpoint" race? I liked how past SBK games mixed it up with the challenge modes.

Thanks!

# 80 Jordanfan23 @ 08/01/13 04:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by inkcil
Can anyone answer if '13 has challenge mode races in it like past SBK games where you had to do "overtake challenges" or "wheelie for 60 seconds" or "checkpoint" race? I liked how past SBK games mixed it up with the challenge modes.

Thanks!
Though I liked this addition as well, I don't believe it is in this year's game. I always thought it added to the immersion and some of the challenges were incredibly tough but fun and fair!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.