Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

VSN has posted a new podcast with Madden NFL 25 Creative Director, Michael Young. There are quite a few interesting presentation nuggets included, some of which we have listed below.
  • The Presentation playbook went away this year, but that doesn't mean the team hasn't been working hard on it.
  • Year 2 with Nance and Simms adds more depth in commentary, especially in career mode, more details on that at a later date.
  • Replays feel more human, varied and specific to the types of plays. Using real cameras, from the real locations in the stadiums (framing, timing, etc.)
  • New animated tickers, banners, feels more like a broadcast.
  • Added more team chants, first down and stadium sounds, since they went to many stadiums with Jim and Phil and grabbed live recordings.
  • More authentic tracks from various stadiums. Redone referee audio.
  • If you move your team, commentators will talk about that.
  • New sideline reporter has been added, will talk about that later.
  • Adam Schefter is still in the virtual news feed, breaking story lines, but he has also been added to the draft commentary.
  • When the draft is running, Trey Wingo is the host and Adam talks about the outlook and expectations of the player.
  • Brand new branching story lines for 30 draft classes and Adam made them sound authentic. Adam has been signed for a couple of years.
  • Can't place players on the PUP list. (Injured reserve IS STILL in the game) - Mike misunderstood the question in podcast.
  • Owners can't bid for Super Bowl hosting.
  • Overhauled Connected Franchise website, much more functional with tutorials.
  • Commissioner tools haven't been locked down, so they couldn't announce any of them.
  • Facial scans were made for most of last year's rookie class (roughly 20 didn't get in) All starting QB's and some QB's that could see some time.
  • Also ran facial scans for coaches, in total close to 100 facial scans made it in.
  • Players get scanned if they are available at events (for example the Pro Bowl) some simply don't want to. Basically EA gets what they can, when they can. It's not as easy as people may think it is.
  • They have tweaked the Zoom camera, didn't mention any other cameras.
  • The rumors are FALSE. There is no PC version of Madden NFL 25.
  • Head coaches, head trainers, head scouts and owners will be featured in story lines, not coordinators.
Remember, these were just some of the nuggets, make sure you listen to the entire podcast here.

Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 jpdavis82 @ 06/03/13 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel77733
Just a few tidbits -

Regarding presentation...EA purchased the ESPN license back in early 2005 for 15 years. Quite simply, they should just copy 2K5 and DONE. I wouldnt even care that its a copy because thats the best presentation ever in a football game. Copy that and add more to it. Problem solved.

Commentary...regardless of who the commentators are, they are always wrong, bland and boring. No chemistry whatsoever and they sound like they're just going through the motions.

Memory...looking at videos of 2K5 and it being on PS2, this cant be used as an excuse. The main problem is that instead of sticking to basics, they're constantly changing things and removing features only to eventually bring them back. In game saves should exist and mini-camp should be back already as well. Tiburon should have just taken Madden NFL 2005 and just simply improved the gameplay, graphics, etc. and add more to it. Instead, they basically started from scratch and are still trying to catch up. Hell, they cant even surpass Madden NFL 2005 overall and im sorry, thats just sad.

CPU gameplay AI....its bad to say the least. Those timeouts at certain times do happen all the time. And if the CPU is down 17 points or more, they dont even use their timeouts. Gameplay overall is good but the penalties must actually work this year, the falling over each other needs to be eliminated and late hits on the QB after taking a knee has to be called. Seriously, thats happened a bunch of times to me in M13 and im surprised that my QB never got injured because of it. Gameplay mainly needs tuning and the difficulty levels have to be balanced compared to M13.

Other....the worse part is the non-gameplay CPU AI. Seriously, the Miami Dolphins drafted Tannehill to be their franchise QB but in M13, I saw the Dolphins sign Warner out of retirement, sign Alex Smith after I released him in FA and they drafted a QB in the first or second round (forgot which)...sorry but thats horrible AI. The schemes, etc. doesnt help matters and if anything makes everything worse than what it already is. This is the stuff that needs a lot of work because if the off-season is horrible, I lose interest in playing because thats what a franchise is about...building your team and playing multiple seasons. Cant do that if the off-season is loaded with problem after problem.

To me, Madden NFL 13 was a 7/10 at best and thats after the patches. Hopefully, M25 will surpass that for me personally but at the same time, I wouldnt be surprised if it doesnt. After all, its the same song and dance for the last eight years and anyone who thinks that will ever change just by reading that it has is living in a fantasy world. Huge difference to say that things have changed every year compared to saying it and it actually being true.

Regarding next gen...I have no interest in it whatsoever and personally, outside of visuals, I dont see Madden 25 being any different on PS4/Xbox One than it will be on PS3/360.

# 122 Aggies7 @ 06/03/13 05:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
It could mean the Real Life Ticker at the Bottom that provides real life stories or the News center Stories Tab.
I agree it probably is but really I have NFL Network, if I needed real news I can turn that on. I want to see what is going on in my dynasty.

# 123 kehlis @ 06/03/13 05:06 PM
Quote:
I was just looking around on line and here is what I found about disc space

Gears of War 3 - requires 7.5 GB (post new disc format)

Most other games 6.5 GB (pre new disc format)

Madden 12 - 4.8 GB
Madden 13 - 5.3

Not sure disc space is really the issue.
Don't hold your breath for a response, he tends to not reply when he is proven wrong.

Memory has never been the issue, it's core game issues. As nice as stat overlays and all that is, we really want good gameplay more than anything else.

# 124 jmurphy31 @ 06/03/13 05:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies7
I agree it probably is but really I have NFL Network, if I needed real news I can turn that on. I want to see what is going on in my dynasty.
I agree with you. It was kind of cool to have 5 or 6 years ago before cell phones with internet. I remember they used to have ESPN radio in the background as well

# 125 The_Balm @ 06/03/13 05:11 PM
Quote:
I was just looking around on line and here is what I found about disc space

Gears of War 3 - requires 7.5 GB (post new disc format)

Most other games 6.5 GB (pre new disc format)

Madden 12 - 4.8 GB
Madden 13 - 5.3

Not sure disc space is really the issue.
Yeah, the number one thing console devs need is: RAM, RAM, RAM and more RAM.

# 126 jpdavis82 @ 06/03/13 05:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Don't hold your breath for a response, he tends to not reply when he is proven wrong.

Memory has never been the issue, it's core game issues. As nice as stat overlays and all that is, we really want good gameplay more than anything else.
I already explained why memory is the issue, it can be attributed many different ways, but at the end of the day it's still memory that is the issue.

# 127 The_Balm @ 06/03/13 05:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
I already explained why memory is the issue, it can be attributed many different ways, but at the end of the day it's still memory that is the issue.
Just to let you all know memory = RAM, not disk space. If they really needed more disk space they would ship two disks and you'd install one to your hard drive. The developers need more RAM which is memory, they are the exact same thing.

# 128 jpdavis82 @ 06/03/13 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon48xbox
Just to let you know memory = RAM, not disk space. If they really needed more disk space they would ship two disks and you'd install one to your hard drive. The developers need more RAM which is memory they are the exact same thing.
That's the point I was trying to make, not the disk space. Memory is the issue, I worded it wrong.

# 129 kehlis @ 06/03/13 05:19 PM
Quote:
Your explanation was that they are doing as much as they can with as much as they have and that you wouldn't argue further about because you've been told what you've been told.

Did I miss something somewhere? I'm assuming I did can you point me to where you explained why memory is the issue?

# 130 The_Balm @ 06/03/13 05:22 PM
Quote:
That's the point I was trying to make, not the disk space. Memory is the issue, I worded it wrong.
I got you. I read your post wrong. Then I updated my post to aim it more at everybody.

# 131 jpdavis82 @ 06/03/13 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Your explanation was that they are doing as much as they can with as much as they have and that you wouldn't argue further about because you've been told what you've been told.

Did I miss something somewhere? I'm assuming I did can you point me to where you explained why memory is the issue?
Ok I worded it wrong, I originally said space instead of memory, but this is my point.

The constant turnover with dev teams is a real problem, definitely, but the lack of memory is just as real. Now maybe if they would use the memory they are given more on things like gameplay and AI instead of 3d grass or insane levels of detail in all 32 stadiums, uniforms, cleats, gloves, etc... then the space would be used more efficiently. Only problem with that is then people would complain about stadiums, uniforms, cleats, gloves, grass, etc... So in order to make everyone happy, yes they need more memory to work with.

# 132 N51_rob @ 06/03/13 05:24 PM
Quote:
For current gen people's expectations have been too high based on what the devs were being told to do by the execs.
EA set peoples expectations years ago with that BS CGI Madden trailer, then said they would surpass that.

Quote:
That issue seems to be at least for m25, a thing of the past. I'm trying not to overly praise the game, just wish the OS crowd would be a little less pessimistic about a game they have yet to play. We shouldn't overly praise or criticize the game until we have some time hands on with it, is my point. Some people won't like it and some will, just have to play it to find that out.
1. you said the same thing about Madden 13.

2. What if someone said the OS crowd should be a little less optimistic. You spend way too much time here trying to "convince" people of things one way or the other. We are at the show me state with current generation Madden. Nothing you say positively or BFD (for example) says negatively is going to change anyone's mind at this point on current gen.

3. How about EA give the OS crowd something to be positive about? Horrendous late game CPU AI, money routes, swiss cheese defense, RT blocking glitch, speed being one of the most important ratings....you spend a lot of time blaming the OS crowd for their attitudes. While its clear to me that some people are mad about exclusivity and wrongly blame EA when exclusivity is the NFL's doing, its is also just as clear that the game is lacking when compared to other games (FIFA, and MLB to name two). EA has no one to blame but themselves for the sorry state of Madden on current gen and the large amounts of negative feelings and misstrust as this point in the game.

# 133 The_Balm @ 06/03/13 05:27 PM
Quote:
Ok I worded it wrong, I originally said space instead of memory, but this is my point.

The constant turnover with dev teams is a real problem, definitely, but the lack of memory is just as real. Now maybe if they would use the memory they are given more on things like gameplay and AI instead of 3d grass or insane levels of detail in all 32 stadiums, uniforms, cleats, gloves, etc... then the space would be used more efficiently. Only problem with that is then people would complain about stadiums, uniforms, cleats, gloves, grass, etc... So in order to make everyone happy, yes they need more memory to work with.
100% agree.

In general when you have more stuff on the disk (higher resolution textures, more people, more complicated uniforms, stat banners etc.) you need more RAM to display it all at once.

# 134 jpdavis82 @ 06/03/13 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by californ14
I can't argue that RAM, memory, does not effect games, but I believe many of the issues with AI and CPU management is a result of poor programming and hack fixes over many, many years and development teams...

With M25, instead of fixing the core problems, they add back in and supposedly enhance a previous mode, "owner." Thus leaving legacy problems to plaque on....

This appears to show more of a concern by the dev. team to push a shiny, sell-able, window dressing, front and foremost, over an M25 with a mere selling point of, "we fixed all the legacy issues," AI and CPU game play....
What about them overhauling the running game and completely redoing every run blocking play, fixing the technique and logic, adding foot planting, contextual awareness? Those are legacy issues people have been complaining about for years. Yes, they didn't overhaul pass blocking yet, but like Rex Dickson said they realized overhauling blocking would have to be done in two parts.

I'm not saying every core problem was fixed in M25 nor did I expect it to be, but to make it sound like they just focused on other things and didn't work on legacy issues is unfair.

# 135 The_Balm @ 06/03/13 05:35 PM
Quote:
I can't argue that RAM, memory, does not effect games, but I believe many of the issues with AI and CPU management is a result of poor programming and hack fixes over many, many years and development teams...

With M25, instead of fixing the core problems, they add back in and supposedly enhance a previous mode, "owner." Thus leaving legacy problems to plaque on....

This appears to show more of a concern by the dev. team to push a shiny, sell-able, window dressing, front and foremost, over an M25 with a mere selling point of, "we fixed all the legacy issues," AI and CPU game play....
I've been saying this for years! It seems to me the devs have a lot of band aids to work around. But they are fixing stuff.

# 136 jpdavis82 @ 06/03/13 05:42 PM
Quote:
They addressed half the issue on one side of the ball, leaving the pass blocking, and all parts of the defense abandoned to inject "owner" mode.
No, that is not how it works they don't work on Owner Mode instead of gameplay, they have different teams that do different things. The amount of work spent on owner mode had nothing to do with them not fixing pass blocking. This is a common misconception among people that they spent time on one thing (owner mode) instead of another(pass blocking). The guys that work on something like pass blocking, don't have anything to do with connected franchise. It's no different than the guy at your office who handles customer service being blamed for one of your products not working properly.

# 137 jmurphy31 @ 06/03/13 05:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon48xbox
100% agree.

In general when you have more stuff on the disk (higher resolution textures, more people, more complicated uniforms, stat banners etc.) you need more RAM to display it all at once.
I agree with the RAM being part of the issue, but look at a game like NBA 2k13 there disc space is at 8.3. Both using the same system. They are able to have multiple banners, better commentary, highlight packages, specific intros, etc)

Madden is using 5.3. I am sure they could add more to the core game even with the current RAM of a 360 or PS3

# 138 RGiles36 @ 06/03/13 05:45 PM
Quote:
I've talked to some very reliable people who have had hands on time with M25 and based on what they said, I expect the community to be happy/surprised.
Who have you spoken to?

Of the guys I know who have played M25, I think guarded optimism best describes what I've seen out of them. I don't watch every video, read every blog, or listen to every radio show, but all optimism I've seen has been relatively tempered and controlled.

Quote:
One thing people keep forgetting is the devs are working with limited space on current gen, that affects everything they are trying to do, gameplay, presentation, Ai, menus, everything. That's why I highly disagree with those who say they are giving us minimal improvements. They are giving us as much as they can with what they have to work with.
Does disc space have anything to do with injuries resetting when CCM shipped last year? Does disc space have anything to do with the Colts uniforms being wrong (among others)? Is disc space the reason why setting auto subs in CCM was a waste of time? Is disc space the reason why there was no-frills camera work when playing on defense against the AI?

See my point?

Blaming disc space is cute, but it's hardly the reason why myself and others have grown a bit pessimistic. For me, it's the oversights and disregard for the details that has sucked me dry.

Quote:
Improved physics, run free,footplanting, contextual awareness on both offense and defense, improved pursuit angles, improved hitstick, a complete overhaul in the running game, improved blocking technique and logic, improved o/d line interactions, improved commentary, owner mode, a sideline reporter, added Adam Schefter for draft storylines, live recordings of stadium sounds, Madden Share, All-25 Team, gave everyone back fantasy draft on and offline, 32 team control, import draft class, there's more too, so do you want me to go on or have I proven my point yet???????
Tell me more about the M13 bugs/oversights that have been addressed!

Quote:
QB cadences were one of the best presentation features in Madden 13, they bring a level of authenticity to the game that I've never experienced in a Madden game.
Have you played Madden 08? I'm pretty sure Romo's 'kill kill kill' was featured in that game.

# 139 KANE699 @ 06/03/13 05:46 PM
I'm just going to put this as simple as I can, and you'll just have to trust me that coming from personal experience and what I know from my tenure that what I am about to say is fact.

Just because they write something in a blog or mention something over twitter or even via a video, does not mean that what you are hearing is the truth.

I have seen it first hand and already seen it occur for Madden 25.

It's not pretty and I don't love that it happens but there is nothing I could nor can I do now about it, at this point as far as Madden goes you are going to have to see everything with your own eyes to make a real judgment because I can promise that you absolutely can not expect the information you are given to necessarily be true.

They are not obligated to prove anything to the fans either, so it just tough cookies when it comes to this matter.

# 140 jpdavis82 @ 06/03/13 05:48 PM
Quote:
I agree with the RAM being part of the issue, but look at a game like NBA 2k13 there disc space is at 8.3. Both using the same system. They are able to have multiple banners, better commentary, highlight packages, specific intros, etc)

Madden is using 5.3. I am sure they could add more to the core game even with the current RAM of a 360 or PS3
Disc space and memory are two different things. The fact that NBA 2k has better presentation may have to do with the fact that they don't have 2000+ player models, stadiums that are a third the size of NFL stadiums, their uniforms don't get dirty, there's no 3d grass, real time lighting effects, weather, on screen commentators etc....

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.