Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

2K Sports has just announced LeBron James as the cover athlete for NBA 2K14.

They have also released details for the LeBron James Bonus Pack for anyone that pre-orders for the Xbox 360 or PS3.

According to Kotaku, there will not be a Wii U version this year. Xbox One and PS4 versions will launch when the consoles arrive later this year. Owen Good also mentions the current and next-gen games will be uniquely different experiences that harness the power of the platforms.

Polygon's Samit Sarkar has noted the following in his article.

Quote:
The current-generation versions, at least, will feature a new mode called Path to Greatness, which will feature cover athlete LeBron James.

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 181 VDusen04 @ 06/09/13 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarbeez
I'm just hoping this doesn't signal the end of the legends modes. Adding the Dream Team last year was nice. If the legends are gone, I will probably just stick with 2k13 for awhile. Here's hoping that part of "Path to Greatness" is unlocking some of the old Lebron teams to join the other "legends" teams.
I feel ya. There seemed to be a lot of stagnation in many aspects of 2K13, the legends being one of them (even stepping back a little with the inability to customize rosters as thoroughly and the removal of some of the retro team's biggest stars).

My interest with the game died out quicker than it probably has at any other point over the past 10 years. The more time I took off from 2K13, the more critical of the game I became once I returned (ex: earning the proper reward for making the proper basketball defensive play seems virtually impossible to attain on a regular basis against another user). I'm really curious to see what 2K14 has in store. My hope is the issues with 2K13 are apparent and they'll be adequately addressed in the next iteration. It doesn't seem like a super sure thing to me anymore though.

# 182 Majingir @ 06/09/13 05:58 PM
They better fix passing and turnovers in 2K14. No matter what settings I have, the CPU goes like legend mode on passing and turnovers.

I have hands set to 0 for CPU, and EVERY ball anywhere close to them, they tip it, and tip it directly to the most open guy on their team. And they can pass the ball like 50 feet away from each other, and I can't even pass it like 10 feet without the ball being tipped halfway across the court.

# 183 skywalkah @ 06/09/13 06:43 PM
About time LeBron graces a cover.

# 184 Magnus1959 @ 06/09/13 07:44 PM

# 185 Krispy Flakes @ 06/09/13 07:53 PM

# 186 KyotoCarl @ 06/09/13 10:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krispy Flakes
That guy is drawing conclusions out of thin air. If his points were the case then there shouldn't be a cover athlete at all.

Jordan was unstoppable? Yes, as he was when he played. Dirk had all his animations? That's a good thing. Plus, his fade away is unblockable in real life too.
Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

# 187 KillerHog471 @ 06/09/13 10:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyotoCarl
That guy is drawing conclusions out of thin air. If his points were the case then there shouldn't be a cover athlete at all.

Jordan was unstoppable? Yes, as he was when he played. Dirk had all his animations? That's a good thing. Plus, his fade away is unblockable in real life too.
Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Thats Krispy if he has an excuse to rep his videos he will.

# 188 BDM313 @ 06/10/13 07:20 AM
commercial was funny like we didnt know who that was the headband and ears DEAD GIVEAWAY glad he got the cover finally now only if spectator mode in for next gen waiting patiently

# 189 jeebs9 @ 06/10/13 10:20 AM
Damn! Didn't hear about this!!

# 190 JoeDGemma @ 06/10/13 04:07 PM
I have a feeling Live may be going with Kyrie Irving which would be a bit ironic.

# 191 mrbigshot @ 06/17/13 08:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alecast
I want all legends back too. Including JORDAN, obviously.
the only VC I want is vince carter prime days.

# 192 mrbigshot @ 06/18/13 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul316us
I think the path to greatness, is just like the Jordan Challenge. I think the pre order is adding new classic James teams. For me I used to been like you. till I played 2k13 .and realize the game play gets better every year. So no matter what this game is a must buy every year for me
I really think 2k should implement classic courts from each decade or major change in court design from the past, if classic teams are eliminated in this years edition of nba 2k. I also don't know why we aren't allowed to adjust or customize current courts in any way. to add to the classic ambiance, making it feel like a classic matchup, why can't we choose whether or not we can have the three point line when we go to the arena settings? or choose to add a double line?? seems like a rather simplistic gameplay feature that can easily be implemented into this game. like when I play with oscar robertsons bucks....It takes away from the authenticity to see that three point line when im playing with this team.

That, coupled with game face type creation similar to what EA implemented(EA GAME face) into their madden franchise last year, with creation multiple slots, would make me forgive 2k for leaving out old legends if this were the case. if they bring back exporting teams, that will make creating legends a very very easy tactic to achieve.

# 193 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 06/19/13 12:08 PM
Doug Anderson on the dunks . Dude is nice at dunking

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...0102/306180098

# 194 EAGLESFAN10 @ 06/19/13 10:12 PM
No Headband LeBron = 99 overall

# 195 HisMommaCallHimClay @ 06/20/13 06:46 PM
When is this game coming out for ps4 and xbox1? The op says when the consoles drop. But games stop says early next year.

Will I be able to play 2k14 at the ps4 launch date?

# 196 MarvinOida @ 06/20/13 07:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HisMommaCallHimClay
When is this game coming out for ps4 and xbox1? The op says when the consoles drop. But games stop says early next year.

Will I be able to play 2k14 at the ps4 launch date?
Launch day release.

# 197 8dlw8 @ 06/21/13 09:01 AM
will there be a psvita version?

# 198 Floridaheat99 @ 06/27/13 04:56 PM
Love it. About time the Best basketball player in the world is on the Cover.

# 199 ZoneSix @ 06/27/13 07:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8dlw8
will there be a psvita version?
i was wondering about this as well.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.