Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

2K Sports has just announced LeBron James as the cover athlete for NBA 2K14.

They have also released details for the LeBron James Bonus Pack for anyone that pre-orders for the Xbox 360 or PS3.

According to Kotaku, there will not be a Wii U version this year. Xbox One and PS4 versions will launch when the consoles arrive later this year. Owen Good also mentions the current and next-gen games will be uniquely different experiences that harness the power of the platforms.

Polygon's Samit Sarkar has noted the following in his article.

Quote:
The current-generation versions, at least, will feature a new mode called Path to Greatness, which will feature cover athlete LeBron James.

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 raiderphantom @ 06/07/13 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvinOida
Umm... It's realistic because myPLAYER is SUPER FLIPPING MARIO!

Just kidding, I hate the system. It's so easy to buy your way to everything. It took me 3 months to get all my sig skills, 99 Overall, those clothes, and all the crap. But it takes a few bucks to get all that in one microtransaction.

The only way I'm fine with VC is this:
-More expensive, not $5 for 10,000 VC, but $15
-Cant use on Road to Greatness or myTEAM (unless in what I will say
-Use only for Clothes and Accessories and Crew-related stuff (JERSEYS?!?!)
-Expensive boosters for myTEAM
-If there was myCrib = PERFECT EXAMPLE FOR VC!
I don't believe making it more expensive will solve the vc issue. They need to make a one time purchase of say 10,000 vc available and that's it. Or they could limit vc to apparel etc and have skill points separate. That way they can still make more money without compromising the integrity of the game. People buy all those avatar items on Xbox so I'm sure people will spend 5 bucks to put some bling on their player.

# 162 raiderphantom @ 06/07/13 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWades House
Wow ! I was actually expecting you to say it was to hardcore wtf lmao.

What was pop about it ? Mobb Deep ? Biggie, Kanye, Jay ?
I think you could argue Jay-z and kanye aren't exactly hardcore, at least at this point in their careers. And shook ones is a classic, Nas is one of my all time favorites, but there were a few too many Jay-z songs. Overall, great soundtrack if you're into rap, because that's what 80%? of it was right?

# 163 mango_prom @ 06/07/13 04:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderphantom
Overall, great soundtrack if you're into rap, because that's what 80%? of it was right?
I'm into rap, but didn't like the soundtrack. The best solution would be to allow custom music. No more complaining...

# 164 Sundown @ 06/07/13 05:20 PM
Soundtrack was good, especially since a lot of the songs matched what was playing at NBA venues this year.

The rest of the jay-z additions outside of Barkley and Pippen? wasn't.

# 165 VDusen04 @ 06/07/13 05:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWades House
Wow ! I was actually expecting you to say it was to hardcore wtf lmao.

What was pop about it ? Mobb Deep ? Biggie, Kanye, Jay ?
I think it depends upon one's definition of "pop". If we take it as being short for "popular", all those fellows fit the bill and have had a permanent presence throughout MTV, BET, VH1, and general popular culture for years (Mobb Deep sort of feels like the odd man out of that list, but their Shook Ones earned extra longevity and popular presence after 8 Mile).

To be clear, there's nothing inherently wrong with being deemed pop or popular. I liked a number of the songs on the soundtrack, it's just I liked them 10 or 15 years ago. I admit there was nostalgic glory the first time I heard Shook Ones in-game but that nostalgia wore off very quickly after I realized we'd all played that song out a decade ago. Being tasked with having to listen to it on repeat for the entire 2K13 cycle was not pleasant.

Kurtis Blow's "Basketball" was another example. It was an old favorite of mine and I objected to Bow Wow's cover based upon principle. However, after hearing "We're playin' BAS. KIT. BAWLLLLL" during every one of my hundreds of 2K12 start ups, I don't think I'd mind if I never heard that song again.

I favor underground and variance because it often keeps things fresh and new (and often leads to new interest in artists I previously hadn't heard before).

# 166 NINJAK2 @ 06/07/13 09:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by assclown25
Going to take a chance on Live this yr on PS4, 2k in my view has been regressing past couple of yrs, if I want to play a damn w/ little to no defense and a dunkfest ill just play NBA Jam!
Your choice AC but if 2k is regressing what do you call what's been going on with Live? Hope it works out for you.

# 167 JazzMan @ 06/08/13 12:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JZ2
Lebron is a very good player. Nothing great about him though.

Hes a good cover boy for NBA 2k14 . Lebron stands for overrated over hyped. I feel the same about 2K sports.
Can you troll any harder, please?

# 168 2k10Fonzarelli @ 06/08/13 12:26 PM
So, anyone care to venture into speculating about "Path to Greatness" or can we leave it at "So thats what MyPlayer is called now...amazing!"

# 169 Paul316us @ 06/08/13 12:37 PM
2k will make a mistake after my Spurs get done killing James. They will have to reduo the cover ,and put my Spurs as the cover

# 170 geisterhome @ 06/08/13 12:38 PM
who cares whos on the cover

# 171 Vni @ 06/08/13 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JZ2
Not trying to troll. Seems like most 13 year olds now days think everything is trolling.
Your attitude is getting old. All your posts are about how you hate 2K. Nobody forces you to like them or buy their products.

# 172 Goffs @ 06/08/13 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JZ2
Not trying to troll. Seems like most 13 year olds now days think everything is trolling.
Didn't you post earlier that you can't wait for Live but yet you still post here on how overrated 2k is....so yeah you're trolling....

We know you dislike 2k so move along already....

# 173 OkayC @ 06/08/13 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
Didn't you post earlier that you can't wait for Live but yet you still post here on how overrated 2k is....so yeah you're trolling....

We know you dislike 2k so move along already....
Not that I'm defending anyone here, but when I started reading this forum several months ago, like 90% of the posts were basically about how much everyone hated 2k. And for the most part they still are.

# 174 darknmild @ 06/08/13 03:43 PM
Thank God for Custom Covers

# 175 Tape29 @ 06/08/13 07:21 PM
Is this supposed to be big?

# 176 Jarbeez @ 06/08/13 07:29 PM
I'm just hoping this doesn't signal the end of the legends modes. Adding the Dream Team last year was nice. If the legends are gone, I will probably just stick with 2k13 for awhile. Here's hoping that part of "Path to Greatness" is unlocking some of the old Lebron teams to join the other "legends" teams.

# 177 Paul316us @ 06/08/13 08:28 PM
I think the path to greatness, is just like the Jordan Challenge. I think the pre order is adding new classic James teams. For me I used to been like you. till I played 2k13 .and realize the game play gets better every year. So no matter what this game is a must buy every year for me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarbeez
I'm just hoping this doesn't signal the end of the legends modes. Adding the Dream Team last year was nice. If the legends are gone, I will probably just stick with 2k13 for awhile. Here's hoping that part of "Path to Greatness" is unlocking some of the old Lebron teams to join the other "legends" teams.

# 178 movethechains11 @ 06/08/13 09:23 PM
Does this mean the all star festivities will be available to all and not a pre order thing?

# 179 Phreezy P @ 06/08/13 11:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by checkwreck
Does this mean the all star festivities will be available to all and not a pre order thing?
Most likely, I'm pretty sure it wasn't originally an integrated part because they were testing if it would be a bust or not. If it isn't available in game already, chances are they took it out completely.

# 180 Hotobu @ 06/09/13 12:27 AM
While I understand why this is "news" why does anyone really care? The cover doesn't have **** to do with the game. I don't care if it's a Mark Madsen throwback cover how does it effect whether or not you get the game?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.