Home
NCAA Football 14 News Post

Check out the NCAA Football 14 video featuring LSU vs. Texas A&M and post your thoughts.

Game: NCAA Football 14Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 54 - View All
NCAA Football 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 281 chi_hawks @ 06/10/13 10:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapps
Probably won't play worse, either.
Exactly. The last several iterations of this game have been a letdown IMHO. Everyone says just wait for the demo. Then everyone just says wait for the real game. Then everyone says wait til the issues are patched. Blah blah blah

Maybe NCAA 14 will play different than NCAA 12. I'm willing to spend 20 bucks or less for those differences (as of right now). Might be 10 bucks if im underwhelmed come July, maybe 30 bucks if they really step it up.

And honestly, after looking at the new recruiting stuff, I was looking forward to this game. But this first video is very meh. And for the last 5+ years, the videos they have shown around this time end up pretty representative of real gameplay come release date.

# 282 chi_hawks @ 06/10/13 10:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastExit
Well, to be fair it was only a minute and it was cut up so there isn't much to go by. The colors really pop and that's nice to see over what we've seen the last two years. I still have worries that the crowd noise is still messed up but again, this was a 1 minute teaser vid.

What concerns me is the lack of info.....last year the guys from EA were doing video podcasts where they were showing off what they had accomplished. I expected them to do the same given that they finally got to put the infinity engine in but so far there's been nothing. I don't want to read too much into how they've released info on the game this year but it doesn't exactly inspire confidence. The demo will tell the tale.
The crowd noise doesn't bother me one bit...I listen to music while I play anyway. But I get that people want more. The NBA Live 10 video shows that EA has the ability to not suck in this category.

Sort of agree on the info. The recruiting updates I really like. They aren't game changing but they are very much value added. Some people have blasted them (seems most have) but I thought they were pretty cool. However, core gameplay is the heart of any sports game. I can (and have) looked past most small issues if the core gameplay is solid. NCAA Football core gameplay over the last 5 years has been lacking. Line play especially. The gimicky features they add with each years new release (than subsequently get rid of or bail on) has really grown old.

I love college football though. When/if they can clean up line interactions, implement a real physics engine, and for god sakes, make the football smaller than a microwave oven, I'm very interested.

# 283 Simp @ 06/10/13 10:18 AM
*Dusts of PS2*

*Inserts NCAA 06*

*Has fun*

# 284 AlreadyKnoJ @ 06/10/13 12:22 PM
Everything looks good to me (barring that horrible screen call + the way the defense reacted)...... But where is the infinity engine???? im confused???? it looks like scripted tackles all over again???

# 285 AlreadyKnoJ @ 06/10/13 12:34 PM
yeah im also pissed about these crappy replay angles. Can we get to true to broadcast replay angles, something that actually makes you want to watch the replays???? smh Im no game designer but i dont think thats too much to ask!!!

And can we get the crowd to explode when their team scores??? jesus is that to hard to ask?? might just take my preorder and not buy the game smh..

# 286 LastExit @ 06/10/13 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlreadyKnoJ
Everything looks good to me (barring that horrible screen call + the way the defense reacted)...... But where is the infinity engine???? im confused???? it looks like scripted tackles all over again???
Watch the play before the screen pass.....after the runner goes down you'll see two guys' momentum (one A&M, one LSU) lead them to trip over the runner. It's there.

I think the best way to get a feel for the new engine will be by playing the game.....will have to wait for the demo for that.

# 287 LastExit @ 06/10/13 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chi_hawks
The crowd noise doesn't bother me one bit...I listen to music while I play anyway. But I get that people want more. The NBA Live 10 video shows that EA has the ability to not suck in this category.

Sort of agree on the info. The recruiting updates I really like. They aren't game changing but they are very much value added. Some people have blasted them (seems most have) but I thought they were pretty cool. However, core gameplay is the heart of any sports game. I can (and have) looked past most small issues if the core gameplay is solid. NCAA Football core gameplay over the last 5 years has been lacking. Line play especially. The gimicky features they add with each years new release (than subsequently get rid of or bail on) has really grown old.

I love college football though. When/if they can clean up line interactions, implement a real physics engine, and for god sakes, make the football smaller than a microwave oven, I'm very interested.
I'm with you on loving college football....the reason I harp on the crowd noise is that there's nothing like the college atmosphere and the crowd is a big part of that come game time.

If the EA guys read the forums here the one thing I would tell them is that you may see a lot of negativity here but that's because there are a lot of people who care about this franchise and want to be pre-ordering the game and playing it until carpal tunnel syndrome sets in.

# 288 TeamHawkins @ 06/10/13 03:30 PM
I saw Rice getting smashed 21-7 by FCS West. LOL Hope we can remove those teams I can't stand those FCS names.

# 289 cparrish @ 06/10/13 03:34 PM
If this physics engine is done correctly, I am looking forward to finally being able to run power backs and not always have to rely on speed speed speed.

# 290 chi_hawks @ 06/10/13 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cparrish
If this physics engine is done correctly, I am looking forward to finally being able to run power backs and not always have to rely on speed speed speed.
That assumes the physics engine properly considers weight, speed, strength, angle of attack, inertia, etc... I haven't read enough to know whether thats in the physics engine or not.

# 291 bwburke94 @ 06/10/13 04:00 PM
The game definitely looks like a graphical improvement over 13 in some areas. Minor changes, but changes.

# 292 noplace @ 06/10/13 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwburke94
The game definitely looks like a graphical improvement over 13 in some areas. Minor changes, but changes.
Wonder what the PS3 version will look like..

# 293 jwilphl @ 06/10/13 05:22 PM
I know that was only a minute of gameplay, but really? I don't think they could have picked a less exciting minute of gameplay. And the crowd still sounds like ish. That was awfully uninspiring.

# 294 Braxton4Heisman @ 06/10/13 05:41 PM
Just a quick question. I'm going to be doing an online dynasty with my friend and I'm using IU. He has a list in this order of schools he may use: UCLA, Rutgers, Cal, Temple, Buffalo, and Vanderbilt. I can beat Alabama on Heisman with IU and he is thinks if he uses UCLA or Rutgers that it will be "unfair" to me. I told him no but he is hell bent on that being the case. Which one of these schools is the most fair for him to use if I am using IU?

# 295 oregonlmj @ 06/10/13 05:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
Cool beans! I can't wait for E3 so we get some more!
this might be a dumb question but will there be ncaa 14 news at e3 and will there be gameplay/

# 296 oregonlmj @ 06/10/13 05:48 PM
are they going to have ncaa 14 for xbox 360 and ps3 at e3 because ihavent heard anything and will we see gameplay there?

# 297 grabursock55 @ 06/10/13 05:51 PM
hey guys, another thing i noticed that seemed to work as advertised is the option read man thing. Not the indicator above the players head, but the ability to tell what he is doing to make reads more realistic (and more fun imo). For example, DE will either come running in and take out the HB no matter what, or he will stay at home and wait for the QB. I like that a lot. In ncaa 13, the DE could blow up a read option all by himself very very consistently. I like this new way of "one or the other" a lot.

Again guys, graphical improvements are not what makes a game great, its a compilation of the smaller things.

# 298 oregonlmj @ 06/10/13 05:56 PM
what are you kiddin this game is gonna be great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

# 299 LastExit @ 06/10/13 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by noplace
Wonder what the PS3 version will look like..
I remember this being discussed last year......did the PS3 coloring look more washed out than the XBox version?

# 300 cparrish @ 06/10/13 06:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chi_hawks
That assumes the physics engine properly considers weight, speed, strength, angle of attack, inertia, etc..
Hence me saying "if it's done correctly."

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.