Home
NCAA Football 14 News Post

Tradition Football has compiled a list of the top 15 rated players from NCAA Football 14. Even more details can be found here.

Quote:
99 OVR – Jadeveon Clowney DE#7 – South Carolina – JR
97 OVR – Johnny Manziel QB#2 – Texas A&M – SO(RS)
97 OVR – De’Anthony Thomas HB#6 – Oregon – JR
97 OVR – A.J. McCarron QB#10 – Alabama – SR(RS)
97 OVR – Marqise Lee WR#9 – USC – JR
97 OVR – C.J. Mosley MLB#32 – Alabama – SR
96 OVR – Braxton Miller QB#5 – Ohio State – JR
96 OVR – Teddy Bridewater QB#5 – Louisville – JR
96 OVR – Jake Matthews LT#75 – Texas A&M – SR
96 OVR – Aaron Murray QB#11 – Georgia – SR(RS)
96 OVR – Taylor Lewan LT#77 – Michigan – SR(RS)
95 OVR – Tahj Boyd QB#10 – Clemson – SR(RS)
95 OVR – Sammy Watkins WR#2 – Clemson – JR
95 OVR – Denicos Allen ROLB#28 – Michigan State – SR(RS)
94 OVR – Ka’Deem Carey HB#25 – Arizona – JR

What do you guys think of the list?

Game: NCAA Football 14Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 54 - View All
NCAA Football 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 damion2721 @ 06/11/13 04:31 PM
30 td's 3 picks, 2national Titles and Im a ND fan. either ur just being ignorant or you dont watch college football.

# 42 The JareBear @ 06/11/13 04:35 PM
I too hate Bama but McCaron not only has the stats, the titles, and the recognition to back his rating, but the tape don't lie. I've seen him make throws that remind me of Drew Brees as far as fitting an intermediate pass in between defenders where only his target can catch it. The kid can sling.

He's a better pro prospect than Ken Dorsey, what was Dorsey rated in the old NCAAs

# 43 Swamp Swagger @ 06/11/13 04:41 PM
I agree BM almost a 99 is a compete joke

EDIT: I'm guessing we will get to see all the players for each team in the next few days?

# 44 zac358 @ 06/11/13 04:56 PM
I hate that thu can't do updated player ratings throughout the season in NCAA. In my option on bridgewater should have started out as the number 2 QB and will be the number 1 QB by the end of the year. After all he is the only player who can challenge Clowney for the number 1 pick.

# 45 IUxHOOSIERS @ 06/11/13 05:01 PM
my god I cant wait to use Manziel

# 46 BigGamecock @ 06/11/13 06:19 PM
I dont understand the hate for AJ McCarron's rating. I dont give a darn about him or Bama for that matter but they man does have 2 national titles. Gotta be pretty good to do something like that, and I dont see "game manager" as a rating option. Some could argue he should be the best QB in the game because of his success of winning 2 national titles. jmho

# 47 BellSKA @ 06/11/13 06:24 PM
Holy High rating for McCarron Batman! Much love for the SEC I see. Love the M. Lee high rating, SC's gonna need it.

# 48 carnalnirvana @ 06/11/13 07:13 PM
they are all too high, imo... but i guess its the only way to highlight impact players.

i wish these guys had 1 or 2 high 90 rating but 70's 60s etc in other areas... so they have strengths and weaknesses.

as it stands there is little difference between the qb's mentioned besides speed.

# 49 Bcolt93 @ 06/11/13 07:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndirish6776
Pretty disappointed as a ND fan that neither Nix nor Tuitt are on there, but I'm sure no one else is too heart-broken about that one. Tuitt didn't do much at the end of the year and Bama ran off tackle for most of their yardage, so Nix didn't do much in that game. I'll be pretty annoyed if their both not at least 93s though as 99% of mock drafts have them going Top 15.

The QBs seem overrated, but EA does that so I'm not shocked. I don't think any QB except for Manziel should be above a 95, but that's just me. I love De'Anthony Thomas, but I'm not sure what he's done to deserve being a 97.

All in all, they weren't terrible though.

And to answer the Bama guy who wondered why people care about these ratings when you can just edit them: people who care most about online play care about these rankings, although I'm hopeful that there wont be too dominant of a team this year in online for ppl to abuse.
im a little surprised too, but i dont think the title game should have a large impact on the defense's ratings. Obviously ND got crushed, in fact, i just re-watched it today since i got nothing better to do. Kelly came out in said that since he was lacking o-line depth, he did not allow the defense to play live in the weeks leading up to the title, so they were sloppy and lacking serious technique since playing the Trojans in late November. Both Tuitt and Nix did not play poorly, as they were going up against one of the greatest o-lines ever. And Bama ran the ball up the middle, or off where Lewis-Moore was. I think Tuitt should have been around 9th on this list, and Nix around 15th both oh well. They will be rated more than good enough i hope

# 50 Madwolf @ 06/11/13 08:14 PM
Glad to see Teddy Bridgewater getting the proper recognition.

# 51 cparrish @ 06/11/13 08:37 PM
For all the OVR fans out there, here is how their OVR's ended up after I rated each player by their position specific ratings.

99/99 OVR – Jadeveon Clowney DE#7 – South Carolina – JR
97/98 OVR – Johnny Manziel QB#2 – Texas A&M – SO(RS)
97/92 OVR – De’Anthony Thomas HB#6 – Oregon – JR
97/94 OVR – A.J. McCarron QB#10 – Alabama – SR(RS)
97/99 OVR – Marqise Lee WR#9 – USC – JR
97/96 OVR – C.J. Mosley MLB#32 – Alabama – SR
96/91 OVR – Braxton Miller QB#5 – Ohio State – JR
96/97 OVR – Teddy Bridewater QB#5 – Louisville – JR
96/97 OVR – Jake Matthews LT#75 – Texas A&M – SR
96/97 OVR – Aaron Murray QB#11 – Georgia – SR(RS)
96/95 OVR – Taylor Lewan LT#77 – Michigan – SR(RS)
95/96 OVR – Tahj Boyd QB#10 – Clemson – SR(RS)
95/92 OVR – Sammy Watkins WR#2 – Clemson – JR
95/91 OVR – Denicos Allen ROLB#28 – Michigan State – SR(RS)
94/95 OVR – Ka’Deem Carey HB#25 – Arizona – JR

# 52 TDenverFan @ 06/11/13 09:11 PM
I think David Fales (San Jose State) should be up there. I know his stats are skewed from playing in the WAC, but he had a 73% completion, 33 TDs, 9 Ints, about 4200 yards, and averaged 9.3 yards per pass. He turned SJSU from a pretty bad program into a top 25 one.

# 53 cparrish @ 06/11/13 09:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDenverFan
I think David Fales (San Jose State) should be up there. I know his stats are skewed from playing in the WAC, but he had a 73% completion, 33 TDs, 9 Ints, about 4200 yards, and averaged 9.3 yards per pass. He turned SJSU from a pretty bad program into a top 25 one.
I have him as a 95.

# 54 Rolltide78980 @ 06/11/13 09:25 PM
The hate against McCarron is a little ridiculous. He deserved a 97 but the Black Mamba was a little overrated. He was a BACKUP RB last year, you know...

# 55 cparrish @ 06/11/13 09:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolltide78980
The hate against McCarron is a little ridiculous. He deserved a 97 but the Black Mamba was a little overrated. He was a BACKUP RB last year, you know...
First of all, I agree DAT is a little overrated but remember Barry Sanders was a backup to Thurman Thomas the year before he ran for 2,800+ yards and the Heisman in 1988. Plus it's not like Barner was a scrub or anything. Dude had a great year!

# 56 nikka @ 06/11/13 09:44 PM
AJ McCarron should be around a 94-95 OVR
Braxton Miller should be a 93 OVR
other than that pretty solid

# 57 stugotsII @ 06/11/13 09:56 PM
Like it or not Miller is most likely the best player in the Big Ten. Queue the anti B10 jokes now…

Miller finished 5th in the Heisman voting as a sophomore learning a totally new offense.

Millers ability to throw the ball is a little underrated IMO. But his ratings in this game are fine. The kid has a cannon for an arm…and the accuracy will come.

Anyone wondering how Miller will do in his 2nd year under Urban Meyer….take a look at what QB's have done in their 2nd year under UM. Bowling Green it was Josh Harris. Utah it was Alex Smith. Florida it was Tim Tebow.

The stats and wins these QB's accounted for in their 2nd year is crazy. And with Miller now having weapons around him…the offense will average over 40 per game easily.

# 58 BloodBCrimson @ 06/11/13 10:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stugotsII
Like it or not Miller is most likely the best player in the Big Ten. Queue the anti B10 jokes now…

Miller finished 5th in the Heisman voting as a sophomore learning a totally new offense.

Millers ability to throw the ball is a little underrated IMO. But his ratings in this game are fine. The kid has a cannon for an arm…and the accuracy will come.

Anyone wondering how Miller will do in his 2nd year under Urban Meyer….take a look at what QB's have done in their 2nd year under UM. Bowling Green it was Josh Harris. Utah it was Alex Smith. Florida it was Tim Tebow.

The stats and wins these QB's accounted for in their 2nd year is crazy. And with Miller now having weapons around him…the offense will average over 40 per game easily.
Until the play a real defense in the championship game.

# 59 NowAndLaterCARZ @ 06/11/13 10:07 PM
everything looks good, but i'd swap bridgewater's 96 with McCarron's 97. teddy bridgewater reminds me of a rg3/russell wilson. and i'd maybe give johnny football a 98 rating, his espn special on the beach with kirk was impressive ha

# 60 niebs79 @ 06/11/13 10:22 PM
AJ MCCaron a 97 OVR??? Not so fast my friend!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.