Home
NCAA Football 14 News Post

The folks at Tradition Sports Online nailed down the initial list of team ratings in NCAA Football 14. Have a look at all 126 teams and their ratings below:

What do you guys think?

Game: NCAA Football 14Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 54 - View All
NCAA Football 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 tan_man @ 06/11/13 04:17 PM
I'm a die hard Hokie fan but wow are we overrated.

91 Offense
95 defense (2nd best on the game)

It's gonna be fun kicking teeth in with my Hokies

# 22 catcher_0_3 @ 06/11/13 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredlib
G. State will be fun to build up.
I would think UMass would be more difficult since GA State will have GA and Florida as pipelines to start out and should be able to get more southern states quicker. But yea, I'm doing a GA State dynasty as well.

# 23 catcher_0_3 @ 06/11/13 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamantic
It's unfortunate for me and Bama fans because in NCAA 13 I could rarely play with Bama because they are so overpowered, and only got to play with them if I was up against another top 10 team, it seems that it's the same case this year.

Kinda sucks to play with your favorite team when they are arguably the best team in the game.
I'll downgrade them for you, just give me a few days.

# 24 tan_man @ 06/11/13 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndirish6776
Just sucks for online when there is a team that about 50% of ppl will use (Bama)
Hokies are gonna KO bama in the simulation world under the PSN name KANDYMANN, lol

# 25 jello1717 @ 06/11/13 04:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by freernnur5
Michigan State with a better offense than defense... Really??? Really???
I'm not sure what ratings you're looking at but MSU's offense is a 90 and their defense is a 93.

# 26 GruffyMcGuiness @ 06/11/13 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tan_man
I'm a die hard Hokie fan but wow are we overrated.

91 Offense
95 defense (2nd best on the game)

It's gonna be fun kicking teeth in with my Hokies
Wasn't gonna say anything, but I thought so too. Defense is probably fine but not offense. Same for UNC. Doesn't matter though, I'll have downloaded rosters

# 27 WVUWILD12 @ 06/11/13 04:26 PM
WVU seems fairly rated to me. Except for the defense being rated higher than the offense, but who knows the defense could be drastically improved this year. Still don't know if it will be better than the offense. But still pretty accurate for the most part.

# 28 astone1996 @ 06/11/13 04:36 PM
I'm very upset. Our offense was top 10. Defense was 120s and one is 77 other is 73.

# 29 Swamp Swagger @ 06/11/13 04:37 PM
Wow that many teams are A's

Some of them make no sense, but its like this every year.

Warms my heart to see UGA have a B on defense though

# 30 GruffyMcGuiness @ 06/11/13 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swamp Swagger

I think you're my new best friend.

# 31 Swamp Swagger @ 06/11/13 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GruffyMcGuiness
I think you're my new best friend.
Sounds good lol

# 32 Swamp Swagger @ 06/11/13 04:51 PM
Something else I noticed was how hard it is to tell a good team from a bad team.

Arkansas and Auburn are nearly 90's. I used them as example because I seen them play quite a bit last year on tv

# 33 catcher_0_3 @ 06/11/13 04:52 PM
Quote:

Losing Jarvis Jones was a big hit to our rating, but I don't have to tell a Gator fan that.

# 34 BiloxiSmitty @ 06/11/13 04:58 PM
I put the rating in an excel spreadsheet for guys to use. I hope it works, first time doing this.

NCAA Team Ratings

# 35 Swamp Swagger @ 06/11/13 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by catcher_0_3
Losing Jarvis Jones was a big hit to our rating, but I don't have to tell a Gator fan that.
If we can get our offense even back to average will be back to spanking UGA on a regular basis just like the past 20 years

But in all seriousness I thought they would bloat UGA's rating just because even though they lost all but 2 starters

# 36 catcher_0_3 @ 06/11/13 05:08 PM
Quote:
If we can get our offense even back to average will be back to spanking UGA on a regular basis just like the past 20 years

But in all seriousness I thought they would bloat UGA's rating just because even though they lost all but 2 starters
I'll let the spanking UGA comment go so we don't go back and forth and clog up the thread, but do we even know how they come up with these overall ratings? I know everyone has different ideas about how rankings should be representative of the players and team. If I had to compare their actual talent to something, I would bet that they have a top 15 defense skill wise this year. Whether that pans out in the stats, we shall see. Per the rankings they are somewhere between 22-32, so I don't think it's terrible, but I don't think it's terribly accurate either.

# 37 Swamp Swagger @ 06/11/13 05:14 PM
I can't even think of a year that UF was rated above FSU. Maybe when Tebow was there but I think they were both A's

FSU is always the best rated Florida school no matter what happened the previous years. I just find it funny

# 38 The JareBear @ 06/11/13 05:15 PM
Yeah they definitely give some preferential boosts

# 39 noplace @ 06/11/13 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler_Bullard
My god these are awful.....
Wow... I totally agree.. EA does no homework

# 40 Swamp Swagger @ 06/11/13 05:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iKnowledge
Yeah I was really shocked at this... one of the guys on the dev team is an Aub homer so I can see him slipping that one in but Arkansas?

And I think FSU has been ranked ever since this game has been coming out, just saying.
So has Florida I'm pretty sure, but that doesn't mean you should get all A's every year just because you make the top 25

But look at all the teams nearly all are mid B's or higher

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.