Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

Greg Miller of IGN sat down with Cam Weber on the IGN set at E3 to talk Madden NFL 25 and what the Ignite Engine means to next-gen Madden.

"(The Ignite Engine) is best in class tech from all of our franchises," Weber said.

The new locomotion system within the new generation of Madden was developed by both the Madden and FIFA teams alongside each other. Weber was particularly high on the new system, "The thing that makes Madden feel special on Gen-4 is our new true step locomotion sytem," Weber said. "You have much more control over every move."

Weber said that Player Sense makes 50x more calculations a second than Madden on current gen.

"It's like taking the blindfold off. They (digital players) can see the entire field, all the players and objects around them and they can react on the fly to what everyone else is doing," Weber said.

Weber said the additional power allows for the extra calculations from players and the new physics engine, which will add more depth than ever to Madden NFL Football.

When asked about what this could mean on a practical level, Weber elaborated on the line play, "The line of scrimmage has so much going on this year, whether it's run blocking or pass blocking it's completely overhauled."

Weber went on to talk about pocket awareness and pre-snap targeting and how offensive linemen will dynamically change assignments starting from the center outwards, just like in real football. This dynamic shifting of assignments continues as the snap occurs as well, Weber said.

And the big one, when asked about the generational leap and the possibly of features lost, Weber responded, "It will be a fully featured Madden right out of the gate. We're not losing any depth."

Weber said Connected Franchise was built with this generation in mind, so there won't be any depth lost as you upgrade from the current generation to Madden on the Xbox One and PlayStation 4.

While we've long suspected this was the case, it's nice to officially hear that Madden will be losing no depth as it makes the generational leap.

How does this affect your perception of the upcoming next-gen Madden?

Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 MrGameW1nner @ 06/12/13 10:51 PM
I'm sorry guys but this is un-acceptable. So your telling me that if they changed the title of this video to xbox 360 Madden 25 that you would know that it was different or current gen. No nobody would. That's the question that everyone needs to ask themselves. Does this really look like something new and different. Its the same animations we have seen for 2 years now. What happened to force impact on stiff arms? You telling me that the same stiff arm where the all of a sudden the runner just throws the defender in front of them and keeps going is next-gen if thats next-gen I don't want anything to do with it. Open your eyes guys its the same animations over and over again. Can anyone point out a new animation besides double team blocks? Not to mention when he did that stop and go thing at 1:33. How do you go from running full speed to being on your tip toes. How is that possible?

# 42 roadman @ 06/12/13 10:58 PM
I think people are opening thread, looking at OP video and pressing last page to make comments before looking on page 4 post #38 and looking at a more detailed analysis of said video.

# 43 gr18 @ 06/12/13 10:59 PM
The one thing in the video that sticks out to me is at the end when AP and the d-lineman make contact and both fly backwards.I was hoping things like that would be cleaned up with Infinity engine 2.0 this year in current gen.I would certainly not expect this for next-gen.We'll see.

# 44 roadman @ 06/12/13 11:16 PM
So, basically, people are comparing a game that ships in 5 to 6 weeks vs a game that ships in 4 to 5 months?

Also, seems like Simfballcritics analysis is way off?????

# 45 gr18 @ 06/12/13 11:28 PM
Videos of next gen games shouldn't be shown because we shouldn't take any opinion of them because they aren't an indicator of what the final build will be.Everyone should probably refrain from watching these so biases aren't formed one way or another.If you like then you're a hype train fanboy and if you don't you're a ***** that doesn't give the game a fair chance.

# 46 roadman @ 06/12/13 11:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr18
Videos of next gen games shouldn't be shown because we shouldn't take any opinion of them because they aren't an indicator of what the final build will be.Everyone should probably refrain from watching these so biases aren't formed one way or another.If you like then you're a hype train fanboy and if you don't you're a ***** that doesn't give the game a fair chance.
I wasn't impressed the first few times I saw the video.

Afterwards, I started watching Simfballcritic break down the video and I thought he made some good points, especially, when he slowed the game down.

# 47 djordan @ 06/12/13 11:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I wasn't impressed the first few times I saw the video.

Afterwards, I started watching Simfballcritic break down the video and I thought he made some good points, especially, when he slowed the game down.
Too bad the game isn't played slowed down with close up angles.

# 48 AlterEgoDuane @ 06/12/13 11:40 PM
First of all, wow some of you are naive. I'm sure you believe that the government isn't reading all of your e-mails and texts, either. How can you sit here and criticize people for calling out a game that "still has 4 or 5 months to go" or whatever. How many times have we seen videos like this from EA, only for it to be passed off as an "early build" and then to practically see this same stuff be released. Oh, right, EVERY YEAR. So, why would this year be any different?

My issue with this gameplay video is two-fold. FIrst of all, there is no evident of real physics at all. None. Zero. Adrian Peterson foot planting in the open field is not physics, it is an animation. Look at the offensive linemen after the ball is snapped... physics play zero role in them getting out of their stances and engaging the defenders. They literally IMMEDIATELY engage the defender and are locked in an animation, which then changes. There is nothing dynamic about it at all. Why can't the O-line take a couple steps, at a normal pace, just like the defenders and THEN engage, like in real-life? Why is that so hard? The speed of the game is so arcade-y. I have coached football for years and never once, after the snap of the ball, within a split second, seen a defender engage fully an offensive lineman.

These are the kinds of things that make the game so damn unrealistic and feel like there is no dynamism.

Maybe THIS is the year the video is an early build and these sorts of unrealistic elements of the game are taken out by release, but i can promise you, i am definitely not holding out hope.

And before anyone jumps on me by saying that people like me are "never satisfied", I will be satisfied when this sort of realism is achieved. I know it will never be perfect, but damnit, that video was awful. And this isn't just an opinion, WATCH the video. How can you sit there and tell me that the offensive linemen do not engage immediately into an animation with the defender? How can you tell me that's even a little bit realistic? And how is that dynamic at all?

Just a horrible video to show. It seriously looks like current gen.

# 49 roadman @ 06/12/13 11:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
Too bad the game isn't played slowed down with close up angles.
So, in the past, people like Simfballcritic, Ryan Moody, etc..... slowed the game down and showed the games flaws.

Now, Sim slows the game down to show some positives.

??

# 50 PVarck31 @ 06/12/13 11:47 PM
I'm gonna say one thing. Its mind boggling how people can see the exact same thing in so many different ways.

I'm not saying that's a bad thing. Its just interesting to me.

# 51 DeuceDouglas @ 06/12/13 11:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
I'm gonna say one thing. Its mind boggling how people can see the exact same thing in so many different ways.

I'm not saying that's a bad thing. Its just interesting to me.

# 52 bucs34236 @ 06/13/13 12:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGameW1nner
I'm sorry guys but this is un-acceptable. So your telling me that if they changed the title of this video to xbox 360 Madden 25 that you would know that it was different or current gen. No nobody would. That's the question that everyone needs to ask themselves. Does this really look like something new and different. Its the same animations we have seen for 2 years now. What happened to force impact on stiff arms? You telling me that the same stiff arm where the all of a sudden the runner just throws the defender in front of them and keeps going is next-gen if thats next-gen I don't want anything to do with it. Open your eyes guys its the same animations over and over again. Can anyone point out a new animation besides double team blocks? Not to mention when he did that stop and go thing at 1:33. How do you go from running full speed to being on your tip toes. How is that possible?
Post of the Day thank you!!!!!!

# 53 roadman @ 06/13/13 12:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlterEgoDuane
First of all, wow some of you are naive. I'm sure you believe that the government isn't reading all of your e-mails and texts, either. How can you sit here and criticize people for calling out a game that "still has 4 or 5 months to go" or whatever. How many times have we seen videos like this from EA, only for it to be passed off as an "early build" and then to practically see this same stuff be released. Oh, right, EVERY YEAR. So, why would this year be any different?

My issue with this gameplay video is two-fold. FIrst of all, there is no evident of real physics at all. None. Zero. Adrian Peterson foot planting in the open field is not physics, it is an animation. Look at the offensive linemen after the ball is snapped... physics play zero role in them getting out of their stances and engaging the defenders. They literally IMMEDIATELY engage the defender and are locked in an animation, which then changes. There is nothing dynamic about it at all. Why can't the O-line take a couple steps, at a normal pace, just like the defenders and THEN engage, like in real-life? Why is that so hard? The speed of the game is so arcade-y. I have coached football for years and never once, after the snap of the ball, within a split second, seen a defender engage fully an offensive lineman.

These are the kinds of things that make the game so damn unrealistic and feel like there is no dynamism.

Maybe THIS is the year the video is an early build and these sorts of unrealistic elements of the game are taken out by release, but i can promise you, i am definitely not holding out hope.

And before anyone jumps on me by saying that people like me are "never satisfied", I will be satisfied when this sort of realism is achieved. I know it will never be perfect, but damnit, that video was awful. And this isn't just an opinion, WATCH the video. How can you sit there and tell me that the offensive linemen do not engage immediately into an animation with the defender? How can you tell me that's even a little bit realistic? And how is that dynamic at all?

Just a horrible video to show. It seriously looks like current gen.
I'm sure you were calling me out with naive reference with the 4 to 5 month to go comment.

I was merely suggesting people watch the analysis of Simfballcritic back on page 4 and see if they feel the same way. If you do, no problem, hopefully, next gen turns out to be much better than this gen at the end of the day.

I don't have horse in ths race, as a family, we won't be getting next gen systems for at least another year or so. I can only hope by the time we do get one, it's leaps and bounds better than this generation.

# 54 MizzouBravesFan @ 06/13/13 01:04 AM
I knew I made a mistake clicking on this thread...exactly why I've stayed out of the Madden/NCAA forums almost altogether and I'll continue to avoid them on here like the plague until the game drops...thought it might be different here with next gen but alas...

I'll get game info somewhere else.

I for one am personally excited for this and FIFA on the XBO...can't wait.

# 55 Skyboxer @ 06/13/13 01:14 AM
Looking forward to next gen Madden! Skipping current gen but will get current gen NCAA for some FB fix.

Love the way the game has come together. Can't wait for release!
The trolls and career whiners aren't getting me down since we have the ignore button.

# 56 Springer32 @ 06/13/13 01:33 AM
It is amazing that so many professional video game programmers we have here giving their critique of this game. I'm sure everyone of these people know that what they are complaining about is totally possible to implement and actually really easy to do because they themselves have already done it on their own projects.

# 57 smiley3 @ 06/13/13 01:35 AM
With all this next Gen stuff can we finally get a halftime show EA!!!

# 58 MizzouBravesFan @ 06/13/13 02:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Looking forward to next gen Madden! Skipping current gen but will get current gen NCAA for some FB fix.

Love the way the game has come together. Can't wait for release!
The trolls and career whiners aren't getting me down since we have the ignore button.
Right there with ya...can't wait for this and FIFA.

# 59 EzMacK15 @ 06/13/13 03:47 AM
How can I judge the gameplay when we have an idiot running the ball smh

# 60 Cusefan @ 06/13/13 05:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenSaints
I doubt it is going to change that much from the video so stop boycotting it.
so... Did the word Boycotting change meaning here?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.