Home
NCAA Football 14 News Post

Check out the latest NCAA Football 14 video featuring Army vs. Navy.

Game: NCAA Football 14Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 54 - View All
NCAA Football 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 Bama man 42 @ 06/16/13 07:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 32
Watching the CPU run the option brought a tear to my eye. Not really, but damn that was nice to see. Can't wait to see the Ducks and Johnny Football run the spread.

Also, the fake option drop back pass early in the video was awesome. Those never worked for users, let alone the CPU running it.

You do realize Texas A&M is not a option team ? They are a pass first (air raid) team that happens to have a QB that is great at running .

# 62 BleedGreen710 @ 06/16/13 07:23 AM
My reaction when the CPU QB held onto the ball and ran with authority for a big gain

Spoiler

My reaction when the QB pitched it right before getting hit to the halfback in stride who picked up the first down

Spoiler

My reaction when the CPU perfectly executed an option pass for a huge gain

Spoiler

My reaction when I saw that Steve had been held to 8 yards through 3 quarters

Spoiler

My reaction to the entire video as a whole

Spoiler

# 63 J-Unit40 @ 06/16/13 07:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama man 42
You do realize Texas A&M is not a option team ? They are a pass first (air raid) team that happens to have a QB that is great at running .
I think everyone knows that but now that the CPU has better AI, running threats (whether it be the RB or QB) will be a blast to play against.

# 64 Bcolt93 @ 06/16/13 08:20 AM
ive seen Navy go "hurry up" against Notre Dame, but that is usually sprinting to the line, and then using almost all of the game-clock. now that the cpu can run its own offense, it might actually make playing the academies fun to play against. my only concern is if it is too powerful now. I know ND has completely shut down Navy/Army the last 2 seasons with a new defensive scheme against them, and made them miserable while pounding them, so hopefully the big boys can shut them down while giving the academies limited success

# 65 Bcolt93 @ 06/16/13 08:23 AM
just as an example ND held Navy to 150 yards on 40 carries last year. So hopefully the big teams that see the option every year are able to shut it down and the CPU isnt over-powering. its nice to see the option working so well, i just hope they didnt over-do it

# 66 tril @ 06/16/13 08:37 AM
looks good, and probably will get this. the only thing I didnt like was the sideline interactions. there was no sideline reation when the play went out of bounds. they just stood there. thats teh veryy first play in this clip.

# 67 moose1619 @ 06/16/13 10:45 AM
It definitely looks like they tightened the player controls this year. I love the new camera. I do wish they would slow down the no huddle just a bit it seems like player are lining up a little fast, but that is a small complaint. I really love the direction they are going. I didn't buy 13' last year, but I am getting more and more excited for the game this year!

# 68 khaliib @ 06/16/13 11:03 AM
If you guys like what you see now, wait util you max out (127) Impact Blocking and RB Carry Vision Ratings across the board.
You've seen nothing yet!!!
There are actually "decleate" animations on crack-back blocks that are hidden because the IB is not maxed out.

Loved that Reggie Bush swim move done on the KR to get by the tackler.
Don't know if other caught it because it was subtle, but you can see the animation run through simply by using the LS to cut back.
That was nice.

Can't wait.

# 69 bxphenom7 @ 06/16/13 11:13 AM
is this next-gen?

# 70 TitanUP2 @ 06/16/13 11:45 AM
This sums up my reaction after seeing that vid:

One of the best part of the vid is the user is on varsity or below and the cpu still ran the option well. I can't wait to see the AI rushing attack when some of the great slider gurus on this board get a hold of this game.

Finally on this gen I might actually be scared of the CPU running the ball!

# 71 jello1717 @ 06/16/13 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcolt93
ive seen Navy go "hurry up" against Notre Dame, but that is usually sprinting to the line, and then using almost all of the game-clock. now that the cpu can run its own offense, it might actually make playing the academies fun to play against. my only concern is if it is too powerful now. I know ND has completely shut down Navy/Army the last 2 seasons with a new defensive scheme against them, and made them miserable while pounding them, so hopefully the big boys can shut them down while giving the academies limited success
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcolt93
just as an example ND held Navy to 150 yards on 40 carries last year. So hopefully the big teams that see the option every year are able to shut it down and the CPU isnt over-powering. its nice to see the option working so well, i just hope they didnt over-do it
My biggest fear is that the CPU will run the option well and there will be an uproar from the casual guys because they keep losing to GT and pressure EA into toning the option game down.

# 72 jello1717 @ 06/16/13 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanUP2
One of the best part of the vid is the user is on varsity or below and the cpu still ran the option well.
People keep saying that this is on varsity just because they see the option indicators but I think it's on AA. We've read that the option indicators aren't there on AA, but we have a video (Michigan v. OSU Q1 shows that it's on AA and Q3? shows a user option) that shows the option indicators in the play art. If I had to guess I'd say that they show all the time in V/FR, but in AA they only show up in when you view the play art (which is what the game changers meant).

# 73 The JareBear @ 06/16/13 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
My biggest fear is that the CPU will run the option well and there will be an uproar from the casual guys because they keep losing to GT and pressure EA into toning the option game down.
This is exactly what I am afraid of as well.

# 74 BleedGreen710 @ 06/16/13 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
If you guys like what you see now, wait util you max out (127) Impact Blocking and RB Carry Vision Ratings across the board.
You've seen nothing yet!!!
There are actually "decleate" animations on crack-back blocks that are hidden because the IB is not maxed out.

Yeah because you know exactly how the game is going to be like and how its going to react when you change those things even though its not going to be released for another 3 weeks

# 75 Skyboxer @ 06/16/13 12:20 PM
So yeah this is what I've been waiting for!
CPU that can run the option....
Fist NCAA I will buy at release in 3 years. Can't wait!

# 76 SilkCB21 @ 06/16/13 01:13 PM
Show the "read" and "pitch" man is kinda noobish but I like it

# 77 jello1717 @ 06/16/13 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanUP2
One of the best part of the vid is the user is on varsity or below and the cpu still ran the option well.
I asked Steve and he verified that the game was indeed on All American difficulty.

# 78 darknmild @ 06/16/13 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushido247
They're as clear as day...
might be raining where he is ijs

# 79 SageInfinite @ 06/16/13 01:32 PM
I can't front, I'm enjoying all the NCAA videos. Something about the way the game looks this year. Can't wait to play it. Still hate the presentation direction, but the gameplay looks solid.

# 80 BlackJack_Williams @ 06/16/13 01:58 PM
I haven't bought a NCAA Football since 04.... I might have to get this one. I really like what I'm seeing! ... I know my USAF isn't the greatest of teams but hopefully I can join them...

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.