Home
NCAA Football 14 News Post

We have posted another NCAA Football 14 video showing off most of the equipment in the game.

Game: NCAA Football 14Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 54 - View All
NCAA Football 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 Gap Integrity @ 06/18/13 01:48 AM
Does anyone else wonder how many thousands of people read these equipment gripes, laugh, but don't comment or have an account? Actually what I wonder is how many customers have given up on this series since last gen because of the lack of details and poor gameplay?

I would be curious to see how many more people would buy and play NCAA football if the product was on par with Madden. I say this because I'm a member on an Ohio State fansite and they recently had a thread about NCAA and replacing Denard on the cover, the thread filled up pretty quickly with guys who claim to have given up on NCAA football games, and basically said the game was almost always the same year to year. I was surprised how many guys were saying they stopped playing NCAA football after the current gen took over.

# 122 420 others @ 06/18/13 02:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jj06
my favorite RB wont be able to make juke moves & my favorite WR will drop everything because they are too distracted from wearing those ugly a-- facemasks! I was totally going to spend hours upon hours of changing every players facemask to the Revo 2 bar but noooooooooooo
Bro, you are soooo wrong. A guy in my Madden league put his whole team in no facemask helmets...they were so fast. But, really tho, equipment is my life. Being currently involved in football on a big stage, I want to look great, and i want my NCAA players to look the same.

# 123 GameBreaker35 @ 06/18/13 02:37 AM
I'm a little disappointed by the lack of equipment presented in this game, but the game still looks pretty great with the colors being more vibrant this year. That being said, the things I believe would make this game look alot better are:

• 3-D Pads (with a variety of sizes and type)
  • Modern Pant Style (skill players rarely wear them to the knee)
  • Modern Helmet Options (Madden has this)
  • Realistic Ankle Tape Options (way too bulky as is)
  • Custom Placement of Arm-Bands (players wear these differently)

# 124 ncaafootball14markus @ 06/18/13 05:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelhood19
I haven't seen this brought up yet so I'll see what you guys think. We all know thousands of players wear this helmet, right? So maybe that's the exact reason why it isn't in the game. As dumb as that sounds, its the ONLY reason I can think of. With the lawsuit going on maybe they don't want the facemask that half of CFB QB's wear in the game. I mean, what other reason could possibly explain this? This is something more than just an oversight, IMO.
I dont know how to tweet so ill have to figure this out some time today. I thought we had enough exposure about this last year, so i was almost certain the revo 2-bar would be in the game this year. I just cant believe EA was stupid enough to add a kicker face mask (least worn helmet), and fail to include the most popular. I swear they did this on purpose.

# 125 ncaafootball14markus @ 06/18/13 05:49 AM
It seriously amazes me how a company like 2k can add so many variations of accessories every friggin year for nba2k, yet we cant get friggin updated helmets and cleats??? Who runs their art department because i swear they dont do 1/2 of what 2k does

# 126 2ToneDesigner @ 06/18/13 08:42 AM
Maybe I over-looked it, but does anyone know anything about hair options in this year's version of the game?

# 127 TheVinylHippo @ 06/18/13 01:28 PM
This equipment reveal was more of a buzzkill than Buzz Killington.

# 128 KickassJohnson @ 06/18/13 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainyday601
I just talked to a marketing director for the game and he said just keep telling Ben
People have been for the last 3 years and look where we are

it's absolutely pathetic

# 129 ncaafootball14markus @ 06/18/13 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainyday601
Do yall want this onehttp://img5.blogs.yahoo.co.jp/ybi/1/3b/1a/m_mark_n/folder/1527163/img_1527163_65809949_3?1367164543 or this one http://www.gannett-cdn.com/media/USA...%20%20cdb10c81
no. that's already in the game. we want the revo 2-bar.

# 130 Lawdawg25 @ 06/18/13 01:40 PM
Keep it up guys, tweet them like crazy!

# 131 Ryan_Tarver44 @ 06/18/13 02:34 PM
Lets all just pray they won't be dicks and will add the facemasks and gear that they are holding back on us with the uniform packets IF its not in the game on July 9th. I honestly don't care to use my points to get these equipments in the packets. I just want them so bad. They have a crew member on NCAA who played for Auburn when they won the championship in 10' and they have him because he is young and was fresh out of college so he knows what college football players look like and want to look like. Well, obviously he's just screwing around and not doing his damn job because look at this crap man. I thought when they had him apart of the team, I believed FINALLY he is the voice of the young gamers who like to deck out their players. Yet, he does not do his job. He's worthless on that team.

# 132 Xero Theory 42 @ 06/18/13 06:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aksarben21
keep on tweeting ben and christian then retweet it. its the only way to actually get through to them. they dont give two $hits about these forums here at OS, the gaming tailgate, the official ncaa football forum, or pasta padre. they do what they want...tweet them and state how absurd it is we dont have updated equipment / helmets / facemasks. then tell your friends to tweet them. i wouldnt hold your breath for it to be in the release but since madden addressed the facemasks in a patch we know ncaa could also!
tweet at PastaPadre and get him to retweet our message, spread the word

# 133 CyHawk @ 06/18/13 11:44 PM
I made a twitter just to ask them and got a response from a producer. I appreciated the fact that he even responded, but it also ticked me off lol.

@CyHawk13: @jasonfrench Loving the demo, but I feel the game isn't complete without the revo speed 2 bar facemask! Please!!

@jasonfrench: @CyHawk13 With game dev you have to make tough decisions. Focus this year for uniforms was: getting them as correct as possible & gloves.

EDIT:
Welp he responded again. With some hope I guess..

@CyHawk13: @jasonfrench thanks for the response man. Is there any way for a dlc??

@jasonfrench: @CyHawk13: We are still working with first party for release, so there is no DLC to give out yet. Maybe later, but I usually don't get codes.

# 134 vhhsfu0509 @ 06/19/13 09:10 AM
I think it's fair to assume they now know this is an issue for a large portion of us.

If they fix it, great, if not, oh well. I must say though, at least on my PS3 the colors seem to pop on the demo. I felt that 13 was dark and drab, the demo is much more visually appealing.

I've tweeted all of the usual suspects a few times myself (politely, I might add). No sense in beating a dead horse. Just keep your fingers crossed and if you do buy the game, enjoy it for what it is and not what it isn't.

# 135 jj06 @ 06/19/13 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vhhsfu0509
I think it's fair to assume they now know this is an issue for a large portion of us.

so guys a on a few websites= large portion of ncaa buyers?

I dont think thats the case..I dont think the average NCAA gamer is complaining about a facemask or even knows which one is missing. You really think that 12 year old that is having his parents buy the game knows about a revo 2 or whatever it is facemask?

hell im 25 and I didnt know about it till I started posting here. My dad is in his 40s and he plays the game & he doesnt know or care about a facemask.

i think uniform complainers are a small minority imho

# 136 vhhsfu0509 @ 06/19/13 09:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jj06
so guys a on a few websites= large portion of ncaa buyers?

I dont think thats the case..I dont think the average NCAA gamer is complaining about a facemask or even knows which one is missing. You really think that 12 year old that is having his parents buy the game knows about a revo 2 or whatever it is facemask?

hell im 25 and I didnt know about it till I started posting here. My dad is in his 40s and he plays the game & he doesnt know or care about a facemask.

i think uniform complainers are a small minority imho
Oh, I agree with you. By "us" I meant the active sports gaming community (those that discuss the game on message boards, Twitter, etc).

Your point is exactly why it hasn't been fixed, it doesn't hurt sales in any measurable way. I still think it's lazy not to add the facemask, but of the over 500,000 people who purchase the game every year I'm sure less than 10% even notice that it's missing.

With that said, I still notice it and hope that they add it.

# 137 jj06 @ 06/19/13 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vhhsfu0509
Oh, I agree with you. By "us" I meant the active sports gaming community (those that discuss the game on message boards, Twitter, etc).

Your point is exactly why it hasn't been fixed, it doesn't hurt sales in any measurable way. I still think it's lazy not to add the facemask, but of the over 500,000 people who purchase the game every year I'm sure less than 10% even notice that it's missing.

With that said, I still notice it and hope that they add it.

yea..ive noticed that too. Nobody I know has a twitter or post on message boards. They could give a rats *** about uniforms lol. Hope yall get it in though

# 138 ncaafootball14markus @ 06/19/13 12:32 PM
Hmmm I just don't understand how hard it is to at the very least remove two vertical bars off the robot revo. I wish I knew about programming because these guys make it seem like taking on this task could potentially lose a day of work that could prevent getting some school's new uniform in the game. I just don't get it and it frustrates the hell outta me.

# 139 bpac55 @ 06/20/13 07:26 AM
I don't buy their excuses anymore. They ADDED "kicker" facemask which is a morph of a robot mask and some DNA mask that doesn't even exist. Then they touched up the Vapor Jet Cleats by making the swoosh on the toe and the spikes a secondary color. How hard would it have been to add the 2 bar qb revo speed and reverse the base and toe colors on the cleats????

So instead of doing 2 small things that would be huge visual improvements and REAL, they add 2 things that don't exist. It is comical how bad they are yet how cocky they are thinking us uniform guys will be super excited over stuff.

# 140 FernMorals @ 06/20/13 07:47 AM
Well....that was something...I guess

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.