Home
NCAA Football 14 News Post

EA Sports has posted NCAA Football 14 playbook #5, which details the new Season Mode.

If you aren't into commitments and recruiting, this mode might be for you. It's basically a slimmed down 1 year dynasty. Once completed, you can start a new season with another team.

Game: NCAA Football 14Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 54 - View All
NCAA Football 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 jello1717 @ 06/17/13 06:15 PM
And this, boys and girls, is why, if you're going to make notes to yourself in your text, you put them in a different color or highlight them so you don't forget about it.

# 2 The JareBear @ 06/17/13 06:17 PM
While I am not sure if I will spend much time with this mode, I am glad they added it for the more casual gamer.

I could see myself doing it with a 6 star team just to mess around and get a change of pace from my one-star build up dynasty

# 3 BleedGreen710 @ 06/17/13 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
And this, boys and girls, is why, if you're going to make notes to yourself in your text, you put them in a different color or highlight them so you don't forget about it.
or they could.. you know.. proof read it

# 4 EMbow513 @ 06/17/13 06:25 PM
Dumb mode, basically dynasty without all the recruiting etc. Why does ea do this to us!?!

# 5 tarheel_12 @ 06/17/13 06:28 PM
I like the direction EA is going with this. You have road to glory to focus on your journey as a player, play a season to focus on your team's journey, and dynasty to focus on your journey as a coach. Now just expand and improve coaching carousel and this becomes a nice setup.

# 6 LambertandHam @ 06/17/13 06:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
So the halftime show is only for "Play A Season" mode?

# 7 jello1717 @ 06/17/13 06:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LambertandHam
So the halftime show is only for "Play A Season" mode?
no
10 chars

# 8 dcgc5 @ 06/17/13 06:49 PM
Love Dynasties personally but I have a lot of friends who don't like recruiting this would probably do well for them as I don't think many people who don't recruit play more than a season or 2.

# 9 Strategizer @ 06/17/13 06:52 PM
"It's Year 1 of Dynasty without recruiting" would say everything that blog says.

# 10 Sausage @ 06/17/13 06:52 PM
I like this mode and hope I can play my teams game and other games of my choosing. For example in my current dynasty in 13' I play my game as UVA and then play all the top 25 games as the unranked or lowest ranked team.

# 11 berad88 @ 06/17/13 07:02 PM
I like how it says every teams slate of games is 100% accurate. lol It can't be 100% accurate when teams are being scheduled to play generic FCS teams.

# 12 GruffyMcGuiness @ 06/17/13 07:02 PM
Why not just play dynasty and let the computer recruit? Seems kind of pointless.

# 13 iamgramps @ 06/17/13 07:14 PM
Personally, I don't like to recruit or bother with managing a team in NCAA, so I'm intrigued by this mode. Considering I have no favorite team, I will now be able to use different teams to a play a season, instead of the redundancy of using the same team.

# 14 Strategizer @ 06/17/13 07:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GruffyMcGuiness
Why not just play dynasty and let the computer recruit? Seems kind of pointless.
The only tangible benefit I can think of is faster simming between weeks.

# 15 Xx_JP_VHS_xX @ 06/17/13 07:37 PM
They wasted time and disc space on THIS? Geez. I mean the game looks great and all but i'm sure they could've spent more time fixing and adding on other stuff like updates to Teambuilder. EA you do remember that still exists right?

# 16 canesfins @ 06/17/13 07:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strategizer
The only tangible benefit I can think of is faster simming between weeks.
This is off topic but not really worthy of it's own thread. Why do EA sports games take so long to sim like NHL 13 and NCAA 13. Games like NBA 2k13 I can sim through a full length basketball season in about 5 minutes?

# 17 Ziza9Noles94 @ 06/17/13 07:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canesfins
This is off topic but not really worthy of it's own thread. Why do EA sports games take so long to sim like NHL 13 and NCAA 13. Games like NBA 2k13 I can sim through a full length basketball season in about 5 minutes?
Number of players and calculating stats for each? I really have no idea. Just throwing that out there as a possibly-maybe.

# 18 Gotmadskillzson @ 06/17/13 07:59 PM
So this mode is exactly what I thought it would be. If it eliminates simming stats load times, I guess it can be a success. But if it takes just as long going to week to week like dynasty does where you just auto everything, then yeah this would be a waste of resources. But only time will tell.

# 19 Cowboy008 @ 06/17/13 08:08 PM
I'm not going to use this mode I'll stick with dynasty.

# 20 CR3AMnCR1MS0N @ 06/17/13 08:09 PM
Here's why I'm excited about this mode. I have a friend who comes over and plays the game with me frequently. We like to play dynasty together but he gets annoyed waiting on me to recruit. Now I'll be able to play through a season with him and not bore him to death doing it !

« Previous1234Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.