Home
NCAA Football 14 News Post

The NCAA Football 14 demo is available now for both 360 and PS3. If you are a 360 user with a Gold account, you can queue it up right here.

Below is the list of games available. You can play a full game with 3 minute quarters.
  • Alabama vs. Virginia Tech
  • Oregon vs. Texas A&M
  • Ohio State vs. Michigan
The Skills Trainer is included in the demo, as well as all of the camera views, including the coordinator cam. You can also adjust difficulty and all sliders in the demo.

If you are having issues finding the demo, click here for some helpful tips.

Game: NCAA Football 14Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 54 - View All
NCAA Football 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 SageInfinite @ 06/18/13 03:43 PM
This is the most the game has felt like football all gen. Love the coordinator cam as well. Also love how the interceptions happen. Actually feels good playing as a DE.

# 82 A_New_Classic @ 06/18/13 03:44 PM
Quick Impressions after completing the Nike Skills Training thingy then playing 1 game of Oregon (Me) vs Texas A&M (Cpu)...default All American on both sides. I'm usually a Heisman guy, but I just wanted to get a feel for the game and not get wrecked lol

1. Everything about the run game feels so good.
- Run blocking is much improved, guards are pulling and finding guys at the second level much better and just seem smarter overall.
- Juke moves and cutting is infinitely better than last year and much more realistic, doing hard cuts with the left stick works awesome and you instantly start making defenders miss using it without even realizing. Haven't even really got into jukes with the right stick, but I was able to pull off a couple broken tackles messing with it.
- Oregon has about a billion different option runs and I was able to tear it up on the ground while having tons of fun with it. The shovel option is so much fun I think I'm gonna do my first dynasty and build my whole team around that scheme; hopefully there are more than just a couple plays using it that I could put in using custom playbooks.
- The stumble feature is awesome, you can regain your balance if you're tripped up by readjusting yourself by either flicking the right stick up or down depending on which way you're leaning. I feel like this adds more element of skill and I'll like it more and more as I get used to doing it.

2. Physics are there, but not overdone.
- Most of the time, plays end with tackle animations, but occasionally you see the physics come into play when 3+ players collide and it looks good. I still had a couple instances where I ran into my own offensive line with the ball carrier, but the runner at least made an attempt to stay on his feet and didn't just instantly ragdoll.

3. Defensively not much has changed since last year.
- Hopefully the AI is better, but from 1 game I wasn't really able to notice any major differences other than the hit-stick being very slightly tweaked. For being on AA difficulty, the CPU offense was much better than last year in my opinion (11 atts 38 yards 1 TD rushing, 10-13 99 yards passing). But this could have been just one instance. I'll be happy if they continue to present this type of challenge though.

4. The WR/DB match-up feature is a nice touch.
If you hold down RT and press the WR Icon it shows his speed, height, route running, etc advantages/disadvantages over who is guarding him; it's a nice feature to help find mismatches on the fly and use more strategy which I'm a big fan of.

5. Passing game seems relatively the same as well
- Apparently precision passing has been touched up, but to me passing seems almost identical and plays like 4 verticals seem to be too easy to exploit. However, one slight change is that WR screens seem to be a little better programmed and actually have a chance to work.

Overall the game feels much more polished and fluid than last year. Offensively player movement is so much better and the run game is outstanding; very rewarding when you get things right. After playing, it mostly just leaves me wanting to dive into Dynasty Mode right away and start building my team from the ground up. I'm interested to see how lower rated teams play and if it's not too easy to play like a 5* program with small schools. Outlook is very positive.

# 83 BenGerman @ 06/18/13 03:46 PM
Hope EA builds off of this game in the future. It's CB/WR and DL/OL interaction away from being a great football game. With the contextual awareness, improved stadiums, and better line play, I can't imagine how good this game will be if they do it correctly.

# 84 CT Pitbull @ 06/18/13 03:46 PM
wow game feels like a "new" game to me..and man the visuals are much improved ..to bad the missing link of facemasks isn't in the game because a few extras might make this a great one as far as ncaa football goes..love the fact that the O-lineman don't look like slobs anymore they actually look like athletes this will save roster editors buku time.

and this zoom camera is giving me a chubby..LOVE IT!

# 85 Gosens6 @ 06/18/13 03:49 PM
Alright, played my first game, Oregon Vs. Texas AM. I played offense for both teams just to get a feel of how each team played so I can't really comment on the defensive side of the ball...

The Good:

Okay, game felt SMOOTH. I'm not sure how to really describe it, but man, what a difference a year makes. Running the ball with smaller backs is an incredible feeling. Seeing them cut through holes at lightning quick speed is a thing of beauty, and the foot planting makes it that much better. Finished with 114 yards on 17 carries and 2 TDs with the HB from Oregon

The colors and the lighting do really make a big difference in the overall look of the game, no complaints there at all.

The entire Oregon team was quick and it really showed. A&M couldn't stay with their receivers, and I had a field day passing the ball, throwing 3 TDs on 11-13 passing.

The Bad:

I played on default AA, or maybe it was just the teams I was using, but, the offense was almost TOO easy for me. Neither team punted, A&M couldn't stop a nose bleed, and the only reason Oregon won so easily was that A&M commited 4 turnovers (3 Fumbles and 1 INT). If not for those, I'm sure I would have scored on every possession with A&M too. Final score of the game was 35-14 BTW

Not many other complaints from me besides the presentation. It's just not what you'd see on a real TV broadcast at all. They need to step it up for next gen.

Going to play the other matchups now and see if I get some defense. Overall though, they might have convinced me to buy this game even after I said I would never buy another NCAA after last years debacle.

# 86 weeeeeeez @ 06/18/13 03:51 PM
The moves I'm making with D'Anthony Thomas...

# 87 This Is Michigan @ 06/18/13 03:51 PM
Love the gameplay, but damnit did EA **** up Michigan.

They have the sidelines wrong too. Michigan is on the visitor sideline at Michigan Stadium. The Ms on the scoreboard are wrong.

The field looks authentic. The B1G logo looks kind of blocky but at least it is there and they got it right.

I better see a uniform update patch to fix Michigan's gray facemasks on the primary home template and the wrong road jerseys. And where the hell are all the alternates?! They were playable last year. I had to buy the Cowboy Classic one, and now it is free here but the other two aren't in the game....

Ugh how EA of them. At least it has great gameplay.

# 88 DirtyJerz32 @ 06/18/13 03:53 PM
The offense and defense difficulty adjustments the best feature that I've seen so far. THIS IS AWESOME!

I played a quick game with Ta&m against the Ducks and I couldn't stop their running attack. Man this is going to get really good. Can't wait go back home and play some more.

# 89 Mckinley Cash @ 06/18/13 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbd345
Did the new game intro's, studio updates and halftime show make it in?
Intro - Yes, Studio Updates - No, Halftime Show - No.

# 90 This Is Michigan @ 06/18/13 03:53 PM
See guys, all we need is a Michigan player on the cover to make the game great.

College Football USA 96, NCAA 99, NCAA 06....all had Michigan players and all great games

# 91 Rolltide78980 @ 06/18/13 03:54 PM
Loved it but did notice that it seemed like VT's fans were the only ones there... But overall, it easily looks the best that I have seen it.

# 92 darkxsacrificex @ 06/18/13 03:54 PM
im liking this game everything seem a lot better online blocking good and getting 2nd level blocks on run i even saw i dlinemen push a RT got the RT backpeddling to being very close to me thats a nice touch right now im trying pay attention mainly on the oline blocking

# 93 jmurphy31 @ 06/18/13 03:54 PM
Played 1 Game Mich vs Ohio St on AA. Won 28-7

Good
- CPU Read Option...1st Drive struggled vs it. Seems like they made the right reads. (They went away from it once I got up though)
- Feels better. I know it sounds generic saying that, but it the game just has a better feel to it.
- I ran a play action pass after it said SET UP and the CB bit tried to adjust and slipped and I scored on a long TD
- Stats attached to the Score Bug
- Offensive PI called

Bad
- Replays still awkward (Do I really need a replay angle looking up from the ground at a hand off)
- QB takes off too much. I know he is a mobile QB, but I feel once he takes off once, he takes off too many times
- Commentary is still bad. Too much dead space and really just seems like its just there to be there.

# 94 Bushido @ 06/18/13 03:56 PM
I just beat Oregon in 5 OT's with Texas A&M, 51-48, on Heisman.

Never had a game that competitive against the CPU in YEARS!!!!

Oregon did a fantastic job of mixing up their plays, and called plays just like Oregon would in real life. The black mamba owned me, he had 95 yards receiving (screens), and 82 yards rushing on 8 carries. He was a one man wrecking crew.

Mariotta had some success on the ground too, but hit me up with 4 TD's through the air and 0 interceptions.

It felt like it was a real life game with how it flowed, there was no cheesiness to it, and the AI for the CPU was the best I've EVER seen in an NCAA title.

# 95 YungThugga08 @ 06/18/13 03:57 PM
Have anybody noticed that when you first start up the demo, and it ask you to confirm your account info, it still says NCAA Football 13?

Anyway, I'm loving this demo so far! Did they use black magic or something? 13 have nothing on this..

Also, they have injuries off in the demo, but you can turn them on.

# 96 jmurphy31 @ 06/18/13 03:57 PM
Also, noticed when you click the Right Trigger button, it asks you to select a WR and then it gives you some stats. Not sure what they mean, but I think this is new. (note: I havent really been following NCAA this year)

# 97 The JareBear @ 06/18/13 04:03 PM
Default heisman is a blast, holy cow. The Oregon tamu game might be the only one I play its awesome

# 98 Reggie16 @ 06/18/13 04:03 PM
i played on all american and got 3 picks on manzel. but overall i love this game. cant wait to see what slider geniuses can do with this. Love it.

# 99 SageInfinite @ 06/18/13 04:03 PM
Gotta be something with my 360. The game has frozen on the loading screen 3 times. Have to turn the system off if I want to get a back to back game in.

# 100 Bushido @ 06/18/13 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenGerman
One thing that is worrying me a little bit is that I'm getting an immense amount of sacks. Anyone else?
How?

I may have got 2 or 3 sacks in two games.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.