Home
EA Sports UFC News Post

VG24/7 has posted a quick video showing off the fighter emotion seen in EA Sports UFC. Check out the various emotions from Cain Velasquez, Benson Henderson and Jon Jones.

In case you missed it, check out our eyes-on impressions of the game from E3 2013, along with the official trailer and gameplay features.

Game: EA Sports UFCReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 7 - View All
EA Sports UFC Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Gotmadskillzson @ 06/20/13 02:16 PM
That expression Anthony had at the end was funny.

# 2 DaveDQ @ 06/20/13 02:37 PM
To capture these genuine facial expressions, EA Sports utilized their new proprietary and exclusive Orgasm Simulation Software.

# 3 inkcil @ 06/20/13 05:01 PM
LOL the looks on their faces are hilarious.

# 4 redsrule @ 06/20/13 09:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishwhiskey119
Great now it'll be impossible to make new fighters and CAF's.

Probably won't be able to edit current fighters appearance and keep their stats updated either.

What the hell is with everyone's fascination with arcade games anyway? Make a game that will last for years you greedy pricks.
The CAF's will all have default "emotions" most likely.
You probably won't be able to edit appearances, but in what sports game are you besides their equipment/accessories?
I also don't get where you see this will be an arcade game just by an emotion demo...

# 5 jeremym480 @ 06/20/13 09:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishwhiskey119
Great now it'll be impossible to make new fighters and CAF's.

Probably won't be able to edit current fighters appearance and keep their stats updated either.

What the hell is with everyone's fascination with arcade games anyway? Make a game that will last for years you greedy pricks.

# 6 The JareBear @ 06/22/13 02:41 PM
I wonder if there will be an emotion shown like Gray Maynard just daring Guida to hit him as they sprint in circles around the ring

# 7 woody2goody @ 06/22/13 02:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick32093209
hmmm....this is not a good thing.

If they have super life like faces...but the gameplay Sux...this will be a total fail. They are yet to really talk about the the gameplay which is disturbing. Its great that my character can look like he is taking a dump...but if the game is rockem sockem robots...nobody cares
Read some of the previews and impressions, they talk about footwork and stuff like that.

# 8 blackceasar @ 06/23/13 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by st67
Cool - spending a lot of time making faces do emotions no one will notice during gameplay or care about after a week or so...

So how does the game actually play?
Relax, gameplay is coming. You have to understand how these things work. Showing this off is what they have available right now to get fans excited or at least thinking about the game which is a good move. It also is another game out there showing off the power of the next gen systems coming up. You have to realize that the more next gen systems there are out there in homes, the more next gen games get bought, including this one.

The gameplay I'm sure is taking more time, and rightfully so. It will come.

# 9 strawberryshortcake @ 06/23/13 07:14 PM
Quote:
Cool - spending a lot of time making faces do emotions no one will notice during gameplay or care about after a week or so...

So how does the game actually play?
Would you rather play a UFC game composed of zombie like stick figures?

I for one care about the facial expressions and emotions conveyed. These are the little things that allows computerized characters to feel human, and lifelike.

Aside from the graphics and gameplay department, I have been hoping developers would delegate a team solely devoted to creating human behavior (i.e. expressed through facial expression and body language). If fighters can express emotions through body language using explosive techniques to strike, grapple, block, counter, take down their opponenet, etc. that looks realistic and lifelike, that would add tremendous realism to a video game.

Next-next generation (PS4, XBox1) gaming is about adding more human realistic quality to computerized characters including better artificial intelligence, hopefully, at least for me. Gameplay will obviously always be and should be top priority.

# 10 ManiacMatt1782 @ 06/24/13 07:51 PM
Quote:
I've played all three THQ UFC titles and EA MMA - and never during gameplay have I ever noticed facial expressions or worried about them. You're (or you should be) paying attention to the gameplay and your strategy so much that you just don't notice it... So the only time you'd see it is during replays, so I guess it might be kind of nice then, but I can't say I really watch the highlights or replays anymore because I just want to move on and play the next match.
If there are facial clues that a guy is tired, that may be a good signal to try to turn up the pressure. It can help on the gameplay aspect of things if it is programmed correctly

# 11 DaveDQ @ 06/24/13 09:54 PM
Quote:
I've played all three THQ UFC titles and EA MMA - and never during gameplay have I ever noticed facial expressions or worried about them. You're (or you should be) paying attention to the gameplay and your strategy so much that you just don't notice it... So the only time you'd see it is during replays, so I guess it might be kind of nice then, but I can't say I really watch the highlights or replays anymore because I just want to move on and play the next match.
It could be though that you know it's not going to be there so you don't put any attention there. But this is how things should evolve. Of course it's not the core of the game, but it adds depth to what is happening. And it will make you aware. If a guy is showing a tired emotion on his face, and his movement begins to slow down and then the commentary adds something to highlight his fatigue, that is really going to put the pressure on the user to get it under control and also put pressure on the other user to try and gain on it.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.