Home
NCAA Football 14 News Post

If you are a fan of editing coaches in the NCAA Football series, or just enjoy downloading the them, NCAA Football 14 offers quite a few options this year.

GoodGameBro has posted the list of every attribute that can be edited for coaches in NCAA Football 14.

Bio
  • First Name
  • Last Name
  • Skin Tone
  • Body Size
  • Head
  • Apparel
  • Hat Type
  • Glasses
  • Alma Mater
  • Level
Stats
  • Years Coached
  • Wins
  • Losses
  • Winning Seasons
  • Longest Winning Streak
  • Rival Wins
  • Rival Losses
  • Top 25 Wins
  • Top 25 Losses
  • Bowl Wins
  • Bowl Losses
  • Conference Championships
  • National Championships
  • Years at Current Team
  • Team Wins
  • Team Losses
  • Average Recruiting Class Rank
  • Top 25 Classes
  • Coach of the Year Awards
  • Heisman Winner
  • Player Awards
  • All-Americans
  • Contract Length
  • Years into Contract
Offensive Style
  • Offensive Playbook
  • Run Offense/Pass Offense (slider)
  • Aggressive/Conservative (slider)
  • Sub Frequency (slider)
  • CPU No-Huddle Style
Defensive Style
  • Defensive Playbook
  • Defend Run/Defend Pass (slider)
  • Aggressive/Conservative (slider)
  • Sub Frequency (slider)
Source - List of editable coach options in ‘NCAA Football 14′ revealed (GoodGameBro)

Game: NCAA Football 14Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 54 - View All
NCAA Football 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 RandyBass @ 06/25/13 04:20 PM
Will the coaches actually use the playbooks you assign to them? Because if I recall, they didn't last year, and always reverted to the default come game time. Maybe I'm wrong on that, but I seem to remember that happening.

# 42 cashby @ 06/25/13 04:21 PM
this year ncaa football 14 can u hire and fire you offense and defence coach staff

# 43 BA2929 @ 06/25/13 04:24 PM
I think it's funny that SOMEHOW half of this thread has turned into an argument about equipment not being in the game. The title must have been edited by a mod because when I first read it, I wasn't aware that it read:

NCAA Football 14 Offers Many More Options When Editing Coaches *Complain about equipment here*

Anyway, those of us that don't use the editor program can finally have realistically aged coaches with actual records. No more will Bill Snyder be 0-0 when I start a dynasty! Hooray!

# 44 KickassJohnson @ 06/25/13 04:24 PM
I don't understand the big deal about editing the stats other than the realism aspect.. do they affect the coaching carousel or something? or is everyone just excited to see correct stats on their screen?

personally, I'd rather see correct equipment

# 45 Pezell04x @ 06/25/13 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cashby
this year ncaa football 14 can u hire and fire you offense and defence coach staff
Nope

(10nos)

# 46 ncaafootball14markus @ 06/25/13 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sporticus200
I'm about to go off.

THE REVO SPEED 2 is NOT a game changer!

Realistic stats and ends for the COACHES WHO CHANGE THE GAME is a priority!

I don't care if my star QB is wearing a KICKER'S HELMET FOR GOD'S SAKE, AS LONG as he can be realistically coached by the likes of Brady Hoke, Brian Kelly, and Lane Kiffin!
Hmmm how coaches perform has NOTHING to do with how they look or players look on the field. The art department focuses on the look only (helmets, the field, coach clothing, etc). So, we're talking about two different things.

# 47 MrSerendipity @ 06/25/13 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickassJohnson
I don't understand the big deal about editing the stats other than the realism aspect.. do they affect the coaching carousel or something? or is everyone just excited to see correct stats on their screen?

It will effect the coaching carousel because you're able to edit the length of each coach's contract and what year they're in on that contract. Therefore you're going to have certain positions available much earlier and other positions not available as early. Couple that with the realism you get with the statistic addition and this becomes a very exciting feature.

# 48 w00dy Hayezz @ 06/25/13 04:31 PM
Quote:

To each his own and this is a fair point. The problem is with the guys that go into EVERY thread to complain about it over and over. We all know those facemasks are not in the game at this point. Every bit of good news about anything else brings in "that guy" to let everyone know yet again how mad they are about the facemesks. it gets REALLY old.

# 49 SteelerSpartan @ 06/25/13 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyBass
Will the coaches actually use the playbooks you assign to them? Because if I recall, they didn't last year, and always reverted to the default come game time. Maybe I'm wrong on that, but I seem to remember that happening.
This definitely happened in 12....didn't buy 13 so don't know about that game

Some clarification to your question would be nice

# 50 jeremym480 @ 06/25/13 04:33 PM
I wonder why this wasn't in the Dynasty Playbook? This is pretty big news to not be mentioned.

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2

# 51 ncaafootball14markus @ 06/25/13 04:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
I think it's funny that SOMEHOW half of this thread has turned into an argument about equipment not being in the game. The title must have been edited by a mod because when I first read it, I wasn't aware that it read:

NCAA Football 14 Offers Many More Options When Editing Coaches *Complain about equipment here*

Anyway, those of us that don't use the editor program can finally have realistically aged coaches with actual records. No more will Bill Snyder be 0-0 when I start a dynasty! Hooray!
For the slow and impaired....

This article list "equipment changes" you can make on the coaches. If no one cared, EA wouldnt have gone through the trouble of making this feature accessable to edit for fans. So yes, part of this thread is about equipment. This is where reading comprehension bodes wonders.

With that said, many of us fans are upset that you now have more editing options for the coaches, yet theyve clearly missed upgrading the equipment of the football players on the field for three years. Just because YOU dont care about how your players look, doesnt mean everyone doesnt.

# 52 Ziza9Noles94 @ 06/25/13 04:43 PM
Quote:

That right there is enough to make it a big deal. Also, if you are creating a TB team, say an FCS team that has had a longstanding coach, then being able to customize the stats is huge.

# 53 ncaafootball14markus @ 06/25/13 05:04 PM
Quote:
For the love of the Football Gods, stop mentioning EQUIPMENT! iT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS THREAD!
Typing in all caps make you look childish and immature. EA added additional equipment edits for the coaches, so it does have to do with this thread.

# 54 The JareBear @ 06/25/13 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenGerman
This is the first year EA may have actually under-hyped the game.
Seriously great post.

I know, right? I remember back in the first preview and there was backlash over how ea said something like, "blocking logic was retooled, blocking was not revamped," then we get the demo and blocking is 1,000x better than anything I've seen this gen.

Now this, which I consider pretty cool and gives our lovely roster gurus even more to play with in the sandbox, I just can't wait for this game to come out man.

BRAVO

# 55 ncaafootball14markus @ 06/25/13 05:56 PM
Quote:
Yeah, I'm a child, while you obsess over your player having the right color of underwear and nylon fit adidASS gloves with the correct brand of nailpolish.

*crickets*

# 56 BreaksoftheGame @ 06/25/13 06:27 PM
I am not sure what really changed. The coaches options still are very limited. If the below is what makes a coach unique.....dayum.

Quote:
Offensive Style
Offensive Playbook
Run Offense/Pass Offense (slider)
Aggressive/Conservative (slider)
Sub Frequency (slider)
CPU No-Huddle Style
Defensive Style
Defensive Playbook
Defend Run/Defend Pass (slider)
Aggressive/Conservative (slider)
Sub Frequency (slider)

# 57 KickassJohnson @ 06/25/13 06:31 PM
Quote:
Yeah, I'm a child, while you obsess over your player having the right color of underwear and nylon fit adidASS gloves with the correct brand of nailpolish.

It's surprising that you're detailed-oriented enough to want correct stats for all coaches but you don't want updated and modern equipment for the players.. Something you might look at once or twice (don't tell me you would spend hours reading over every single coach's accomplishments) vs something you see every time you play a game (equipment)

just my opinion, not gonna post anymore about this since it seems to have struck more than one of your nerves

# 58 BA2929 @ 06/25/13 06:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncaafootball14markus
This article list "equipment changes" you can make on the coaches. If no one cared, EA wouldnt have gone through the trouble of making this feature accessable to edit for fans. So yes, part of this thread is about equipment.
I wasn't aware that coaches not having the REVO SPEED helmet was a big deal. My apologies.

# 59 Strategizer @ 06/25/13 06:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BreaksoftheGame
I am not sure what really changed. The coaches options still are very limited. If the below is what makes a coach unique.....dayum.
What makes them unique, in addition to what you posted and whatever "Specialty" means, is their level and coach skills. Who is the coach will matter now more than ever.

# 60 jello1717 @ 06/25/13 06:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strategizer
What makes them unique, in addition to what you posted and whatever "Specialty" means, is their level and coach skills. Who is the coach will matter now more than ever.
A gamechanger on TGT said specialty is "offensive" or "defensive" and will determine if they're hired as an OC or DC.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.