Home
NCAA Football 14 News Post

If you are a fan of editing coaches in the NCAA Football series, or just enjoy downloading the them, NCAA Football 14 offers quite a few options this year.

GoodGameBro has posted the list of every attribute that can be edited for coaches in NCAA Football 14.

Bio
  • First Name
  • Last Name
  • Skin Tone
  • Body Size
  • Head
  • Apparel
  • Hat Type
  • Glasses
  • Alma Mater
  • Level
Stats
  • Years Coached
  • Wins
  • Losses
  • Winning Seasons
  • Longest Winning Streak
  • Rival Wins
  • Rival Losses
  • Top 25 Wins
  • Top 25 Losses
  • Bowl Wins
  • Bowl Losses
  • Conference Championships
  • National Championships
  • Years at Current Team
  • Team Wins
  • Team Losses
  • Average Recruiting Class Rank
  • Top 25 Classes
  • Coach of the Year Awards
  • Heisman Winner
  • Player Awards
  • All-Americans
  • Contract Length
  • Years into Contract
Offensive Style
  • Offensive Playbook
  • Run Offense/Pass Offense (slider)
  • Aggressive/Conservative (slider)
  • Sub Frequency (slider)
  • CPU No-Huddle Style
Defensive Style
  • Defensive Playbook
  • Defend Run/Defend Pass (slider)
  • Aggressive/Conservative (slider)
  • Sub Frequency (slider)
Source - List of editable coach options in ‘NCAA Football 14′ revealed (GoodGameBro)

Game: NCAA Football 14Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 54 - View All
NCAA Football 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 The JareBear @ 06/26/13 04:27 PM
I am hoping at some point we will get actual tendency recognition from CPU coaches, like the game keeps track of your play calling and eventually adjusts until you have to completely change up what youre doing

# 82 cowboy_kmoney @ 06/27/13 07:58 AM
This game is going to b a good game for the most part. It wilk take us into next gen gaming with NCAA 15.

# 83 RandyBass @ 06/27/13 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredlib
Wait, did CPU controlled edited coaches really change back to default PB in NCAA 13
Pretty sure they did. I remember trying to assign playbooks to coaches for an old school roster I was creating, then when I played in exhibition or dynasty the team would use it's original playbook, which led me to stop creating that roster.

I wish they'd straighten some of these little details out, because it's these types of details which make games appealing.

# 84 GKEnialb @ 06/27/13 10:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by prowler
Really wish they added this to the Teambuilder site or at least let us edit TB coaches before starting dynasty.
If nothing else allow us to set a Teambuilder school as the Alma Mater, since that affects your chance of getting offered a position there. Anybody know how setting your Alma Mater to the school a TB school replaces behaves - maybe that's a workaround...

# 85 moylan1234 @ 06/27/13 11:06 PM
^You can already set your alma mater to a tb school just go back into the coach edit screen once you've started your dynasty and any tb schools you've brought in will show up on the list

# 86 GKEnialb @ 06/28/13 09:55 AM
Cool. Must have missed that. Thanks!

# 87 Playmaker76 @ 06/28/13 07:36 PM
I might pick this up. Hopefully I can find a reduced price copy since Idk if I want to pay $60 for it.

# 88 ranman1982 @ 06/29/13 01:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncaafootball14markus
considering players will be swayed to attend schools based on uniforms.
If this were the case, Alabama would be just as good and UTSA.

# 89 tHurley2010 @ 06/29/13 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncaafootball14markus
Doesnt mean upgraded unis and equipment should not be updated. Espn not discussing this doesnt make it any less important, considering players will be swayed to attend schools based on uniforms.
Only based on uniforms? I've never heard of one player committing to Oregon JUST because they wear this REVO face mask or whatever it's called. I've also never heard of a recruit committing to UL-Lafayette over Alabama because UL-Lafayette got "SWEET NEW UNIFORMS!"

Point is, who you are playing for matters way more than what you wear when you're on the field. You don't see recruits just flocking to Indiana because they announced their new uniforms. Kevin Wilson right now isn't a good coach. Maybe they start winning some games, and that perception changes. Uniforms (among other factors) matter when the coach vs coach comparison is too close. to call, otherwise, a player is going to choose to play for the better coach more times than he will play for the team with the better uniform.

This equipment discussion is getting old. EA doesn't have it in the game. We know. You don't have to keep reminding us of how disappointed you are that the REVO facemask didn't make the cut again. If you want to complain, do it directly to EA. Otherwise, discuss this neat addition to the game, that will matter a heck of a lot more than the face mask.

# 90 Sir Riley Rocks @ 06/30/13 03:16 PM
I ain't complaining, nice addition

# 91 KickassJohnson @ 06/30/13 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tHurley2010
Only based on uniforms? I've never heard of one player committing to Oregon JUST because they wear this REVO face mask or whatever it's called. I've also never heard of a recruit committing to UL-Lafayette over Alabama because UL-Lafayette got "SWEET NEW UNIFORMS!"

Point is, who you are playing for matters way more than what you wear when you're on the field. You don't see recruits just flocking to Indiana because they announced their new uniforms. Kevin Wilson right now isn't a good coach. Maybe they start winning some games, and that perception changes. Uniforms (among other factors) matter when the coach vs coach comparison is too close. to call, otherwise, a player is going to choose to play for the better coach more times than he will play for the team with the better uniform.

This equipment discussion is getting old. EA doesn't have it in the game. We know. You don't have to keep reminding us of how disappointed you are that the REVO facemask didn't make the cut again. If you want to complain, do it directly to EA. Otherwise, discuss this neat addition to the game, that will matter a heck of a lot more than the face mask.
Your entire point about the uniforms is off, it's not about what goes on in real life with recruiting/uniforms, it's about what's included in the game.. sure, this addition with the coaches is good but can you imagine the utter **** storm that would happen if the dev team screwed up the uniform of a blue blood team like Bama or Ohio State.. essentially that's what's happening, the stuff the Heisman winner uses on the field isn't in the game

we've asked for it for around 3 years now, we haven't gained any ground and people are mad, especially since they are pretty much mocking us by adding 1 kicker facemask instead of the one you see in every game now

# 92 BallinVol @ 06/30/13 05:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickassJohnson
Your entire point about the uniforms is off, it's not about what goes on in real life with recruiting/uniforms, it's about what's included in the game.. sure, this addition with the coaches is good but can you imagine the utter **** storm that would happen if the dev team screwed up the uniform of a blue blood team like Bama or Ohio State.. essentially that's what's happening, the stuff the Heisman winner uses on the field isn't in the game

we've asked for it for around 3 years now, we haven't gained any ground and people are mad, especially since they are pretty much mocking us by adding 1 kicker facemask instead of the one you see in every game now

The point is that EA is never going to totally satisfy EVERYBODY who plays this game. They always leave something out that someone desires. I just don't see how people say that a facemask not being in is a deal breaker. Do you all watch College Football on Saturdays just to say "oh man so and so looks good with that REVO 2 on!" Maybe some people do. To each his own. I would much rather the gameplay on the field resemble something closely to what I see on Saturdays. But like I said, to each his own. Maybe EA will come out with a game called EA Sports NCAA Football Dress Up

# 93 KickassJohnson @ 06/30/13 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BallinVol
The point is that EA is never going to totally satisfy EVERYBODY who plays this game. They always leave something out that someone desires. I just don't see how people say that a facemask not being in is a deal breaker. Do you all watch College Football on Saturdays just to say "oh man so and so looks good with that REVO 2 on!" Maybe some people do. To each his own. I would much rather the gameplay on the field resemble something closely to what I see on Saturdays. But like I said, to each his own. Maybe EA will come out with a game called EA Sports NCAA Football Dress Up
I'll repeat myself: People are pissed because they took the time and effort to add a stupid kicker facemask.. not the one we've asked for for 3 years now, not the one the Heisman winner and thousands of other players you're watching on Saturday wear

it's not like this is the absolute #1 priority like you're trying to make it seem, gameplay should be way better than it is, but good lord if they can't get the small stuff right, why the hell should I believe they got the big stuff right?? I'm not going to waste my money to see if they did

# 94 westview33 @ 06/30/13 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BallinVol

I just want to say I flat out love this post.....

# 95 BallinVol @ 06/30/13 06:25 PM
Quote:
I'll repeat myself: People are pissed because they took the time and effort to add a stupid kicker facemask.. not the one we've asked for for 3 years now, not the one the Heisman winner and thousands of other players you're watching on Saturday wear

it's not like this is the absolute #1 priority like you're trying to make it seem, gameplay should be way better than it is, but good lord if they can't get the small stuff right, why the hell should I believe they got the big stuff right?? I'm not going to waste my money to see if they did
Nobody is asking you to waste your money. If you don't want to buy the game because they added a kicker facemask but not the most popular facemask in College Football, then fine. I understand your argument that it should be in. I don't understand the absurdness that people make it their number one priority to make this game a good game. It's essentially like you would be paying the 60 plus dollars just because they added the REVO 2 mask.

If people haven't realized that EA is not going to add everything everybody wants in one dev cycle (or many for that matter), then they will never get it. I believe people put this game under the microscope way too often. They don't look at the game as a whole. Yes, they have a lot of equipment that could be added and is desired by many. There is also a lot of equipment that they could drop from the game to make this game look nothing like football players. They could take all the gloves, cleats, etc. and just drop it, then you have what looks like a backyard pick up football game. The fact that they've made it somewhat resemble what you see on Saturdays (and this year they've added specific gloves, etc) is just fine with me.

I swear that some that play this game feel that if they don't have the REVO 2 mask in, that they can't score touchdowns or make big plays without them. Like I said, I understand that people are upset that it's not in. What I absolutely don't understand is the fact that people really refuse to play the game because of a single piece of equipment missing.

And yes, there are quite a few REVO 2 fans that are implying that the number one thing that should've been added is the Revo 2. I'm sure that some people could care less about the gameplay that was added this year. As a matter of fact, if they HAD added the REVO 2, there would be some that wouldn't have even cared for the new updates to gameplay.

To those who want the Revo 2, put it in your 2015 NCAA wishlist. Maybe, just maybe, after 5 years of complaining then it may be added. I'm just saying, it's like every thread I go to, I have to hear about facemasks. This thread may have mentioned equipment, but it sure as hell didn't mention anything about PLAYER equipment. Like I said, I understand the soreness by many over this, but at the same time, many of the people here are getting sore about hearing about facemasks on EVERY SINGLE thread they come to. It's not us you have to convince, it's EA. It's obvious that they are aware of it (Ben did mention that it wasn't in in an interview).

# 96 ranman1982 @ 06/30/13 06:56 PM
BallinVol, I agree with you on all that you have said. People have gotten way off topic of this tread. Maybe its about time an admin gives out some warnings to some of these people who are not staying on topic. I know for a fact that there are other treads that cover equipment.

# 97 tHurley2010 @ 07/01/13 02:31 AM
Quote:

First bolded point

No it is really what happens in real life and what makes it from real life into a video game. The read option is ran where the QB has to make a read on the DE or LB of the side he could be running towards. If that isn't there in the game, then EA fundamentally screwed up the game, because the read option is slowly becoming the most used play in college football. That's the real life stuff which is important to include in the game. Which brings me to...

Second bolded point

Is an incredible over reach. The uniform is more prevalent, both in real life and in the game. More people know the nuances of their team's uniform and can see when it's not correct. More importantly, the uniform is seen about 1000x more during a game of NCAA than the helmet. What good does having one helmet do if you only see it 1/10 of the time because you're viewing the game from behind the teams?

# 98 tHurley2010 @ 07/01/13 11:48 AM
10 char.

Not going to argue the inarguable

# 99 tHurley2010 @ 07/01/13 03:05 PM
10 char.

Not going to argue the inarguable.

# 100 johnnyg83 @ 07/01/13 04:13 PM
You coud post this argument string in almost any new release.

Tis beyond cliche.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.