Home
NBA Live 14 News Post

Earlier today the NBA Live 14 team hosted a Twitter chat with Gameplay Designer, Scott O'Gallagher and Executive Producer, Sean O'Brien.

It's still too early for the team to show any 5 on 5 gameplay footage, but they plan on showing it off later this summer, along with the full feature set of gameplay modes.

We didn't expect too much from the chat, but quite a bit of information was revealed. Below are some more relevant details that came from the chat.
  • Team specific playbooks, team specific defenses
  • A.I. will be driven by real world data with CourtQ
  • Shot percentages determined by different contest levels
  • Fatigue will affect player speed and performance
  • Player accessories and player likeness will remain in lockstep daily and throughout the year
  • The Ignite Engine will improve animation quality, physics and fluidity
  • You can get dunked on and see various animations, none of the animations are canned
  • Full featured title
  • 5 on 5 gameplay will be shown in the summer, along with the full list of game modes
  • Xbox One and PS4 exclusive
  • Crowds will have more animation, logic and Gen 4 graphics for more realism
  • You can block dunks
  • Dunk packages are in
  • Authentic arenas, ESPN TV presentation
  • New locomotion systems results in authentic movement
  • Yes, you will be able to call in-bound plays
  • NBA Live 14 will feature legends
  • There will be all types of put-backs
  • We have the #1 ESPN NBA team, and a surprise coming later
  • Sliders are in
  • 40 players with signature moves, plus packages (Melo confirmed)
  • Authenticity is the biggest emphasis on the game, along with everything at the team level - i.e. styles of play, coaches etc.

Game: NBA Live 14Reader Score: 4/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
NBA Live 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 PVarck31 @ 06/27/13 08:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccoaxum
this guy wasn't on the Live team when these games flopped so of course he is coming out with that mind set....give him a break.....not EA tho
And to piggy back on this..What was he supposed to say? Its a Twitter Q&A. He can't sit there an start naming things and describing things.

And should he not sound confident? If he answered with something like Well we don't know, you will have to play 2K too and see which one you like better.

# 22 ccoaxum @ 06/27/13 08:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
And to piggy back on this..What was he supposed to say? Its a Twitter Q&A. He can't sit there an start naming things and describing things.

And should he not sound confident? If he answered with something like Well we don't know, you will have to play 2K too and see which one you like better.
i agree, they also said already that didn't want to say too much since they have to worry about competition with 2k as well..more will come later...take what yall want from that.

# 23 AlwaysBased @ 06/27/13 09:19 PM
"Player accessories and player likeness will remain in lockstep daily and throughout the year"
What do they exactly mean by that? You wont be able to edit players like Nba Live 09?

# 24 ccoaxum @ 06/27/13 09:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysBased
"Player accessories and player likeness will remain in lockstep daily and throughout the year"
What do they exactly mean by that? You wont be able to edit players like Nba Live 09?
hate to say it but thats what it sounds like, their going to change it themselves though out the year

# 25 ccoaxum @ 06/27/13 09:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by footballfan41
released game-play footage in June is NOT my point!!! my point is here it is 5 months till the Release of Next gen should i say, who knows bout Live and EA..But the game is not at the point they can show game-play footage is my point, why should 2K we know how there game-play is, I'm talking bout the short time they have till release vs how long EA claims it takes to make a game, and if they are not able to show anything with 5 months to go, I have NO hope for Live this year......
i believe they have their 5 on 5 running they just don't want to show it too early...giving the history of reactions of the game,plus nobody show anything this early for basketball..we still looking at football around this time for games...if you don't like this game..the good thing is you have another game to play..so what the problem is....

# 26 jersez @ 06/27/13 09:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31

Again you all are putting words in my mouth, did I say he shouldn't be confident no, and I've answered that already, regarding what he should have said. I've already stated I don't have a problem with him with holding information. Again you're continuing to put words into my mouth, look at what I wrote and quote me, don't try to say I'm implying he shouldn't be confident.

Quote:
this guy wasn't on the Live team when these games flopped so of course he is coming out with that mind set....give him a break.....not EA tho
Regardless if he was on the team or not, people are timid about buying a NBA Live product, even before the cancellations they made terrible games in NBA live 07 and 06. He should know the history and know NBA live isn't considered the favorite anymore. So my problem is with the "should I go on" as if we can fall back on their history and feel comfortable about live 14.

Just to reiterate this since I wasn't expecting him to release information, since some of you are defending this with "he couldn't say anything" argument..

I'm giving him a break, I don't hate the guy or won't buy or rent NBA live 14 now. I'm pretty sure both companies are arrogant, I'm not trying to make this as if I hate EA or this guy.

# 27 jersez @ 06/27/13 09:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirs
Well live already had better dribbling than 2k and with the improvements why wouldn't you be excited? Now they are adding more signature stuff which 2k already has so if its better why wouldn't you be excited? People complain about 2k player subjective ratings and live is offering ratings based on real performance and tendencies. Nothing to be excited about... Add in the superior online play, atmosphere, and improved AI, physics etc....

I'm excited!!
I'm excited for Live 14 as well, for some reason people are putting words into my mouth and trying to make it as if I'm a Live *****. I want competition I want buy parties to make better products and I want to have options.

My issue is with the "should I go on" because I like many gamers was a NBA Live fan and grew tired of the lackluster products and he's saying it as if we're all crazy for even questioning if Live 14 will be a purchase. That's it.

# 28 CurryMan @ 06/27/13 10:13 PM
you should choose nba live over 2k because it won't revolve around canned animations and look like it came straight out of the PS2

# 29 ccoaxum @ 06/27/13 10:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jersez
Again you all are putting words in my mouth, did I say he shouldn't be confident no, and I've answered that already, regarding what he should have said. I've already stated I don't have a problem with him with holding information. Again you're continuing to put words into my mouth, look at what I wrote and quote me, don't try to say I'm implying he shouldn't be confident.

Regardless if he was on the team or not, people are timid about buying a NBA Live product, even before the cancellations they made terrible games in NBA live 07 and 06. He should know the history and know NBA live isn't considered the favorite anymore. So my problem is with the "should I go on" as if we can fall back on their history and feel comfortable about live 14.

Just to reiterate this since I wasn't expecting him to release information, since some of you are defending this with "he couldn't say anything" argument..

I'm giving him a break, I don't hate the guy or won't buy or rent NBA live 14 now. I'm pretty sure both companies are arrogant, I'm not trying to make this as if I hate EA or this guy.
just like your saying don't put words in your mouth...don't do it with this guy..he didn't say either trust our history..again he don't have a history with this company.....but thanks for giving him a break lol

# 30 ccoaxum @ 06/27/13 10:32 PM
Quote:
I'm excited for Live 14 as well, for some reason people are putting words into my mouth and trying to make it as if I'm a Live *****. I want competition I want buy parties to make better products and I want to have options.

My issue is with the "should I go on" because I like many gamers was a NBA Live fan and grew tired of the lackluster products and he's saying it as if we're all crazy for even questioning if Live 14 will be a purchase. That's it.
i think the guy was trying to say as if that should be more then enough to make you be interested in trying out the game, based off the stuff he mentioned in the tweet...yes we already knew about these things so yea this answer suck because of that..but he showing how confident in just those things alone that ppl should try the game out...not saying he right for feeling that way but hey thats how i took it...

# 31 MAGboyswifT27 @ 06/27/13 10:42 PM
Guess well see then huh fellas?

# 32 jersez @ 06/27/13 10:50 PM
Quote:
just like your saying don't put words in your mouth...don't do it with this guy..he didn't say either trust our history..again he don't have a history with this company.....but thanks for giving him a break lol
Again, where did I say, he said that? I was explaining my point of view and why I have a problem with the "should I go" I never said he said those things, I was simply explaining my thoughts when he said that. I didn't put words into his mouth. And again please quote me where I said he said, "to trust our history"? I will quote exactly what I said because for some reason people on here continue to twist my words "So my problem is with the "should I go on" as if we can fall back on their history and feel comfortable about live 14." Again where did I say he said to trust our history?

Quote:
i think the guy was trying to say as if that should be more then enough to make you be interested in trying out the game, based off the stuff he mentioned in the tweet...yes we already knew about these things so yea this answer suck because of that..but he showing how confident in just those things alone that ppl should try the game out...not saying he right for feeling that way but hey thats how i took it...
This is putting words into his mouth, you're now trying to say he was implying that bouncetek and synergy and sig moves should make you interested, that's putting words into his mouth. I'm not arguing confidence level and If you read my previous post I don't fault him for being confident, and look at my previous post to see why I have an issue with it because I'm getting tired of saying the same thing over and over again.

QUOTE=CurryMan;2045176974]you should choose nba live over 2k because it won't revolve around canned animations and look like it came straight out of the PS2[/quote]
This was genuinely funny, because that was some true stuff you said about 2k.

# 33 ccoaxum @ 06/27/13 11:06 PM
Quote:
Again, where did I say, he said that? I was explaining my point of view and why I have a problem with the "should I go" I never said he said those things, I was simply explaining my thoughts when he said that. I didn't put words into his mouth. And again please quote me where I said he said, "to trust our history"? I will quote exactly what I said because for some reason people on here continue to twist my words "So my problem is with the "should I go on" as if we can fall back on their history and feel comfortable about live 14." Again where did I say he said to trust our history?

This is putting words into his mouth, you're now trying to say he was implying that bouncetek and synergy and sig moves should make you interested, that's putting words into his mouth. I'm not arguing confidence level and If you read my previous post I don't fault him for being confident, and look at my previous post to see why I have an issue with it because I'm getting tired of saying the same thing over and over again.

QUOTE=CurryMan;2045176974]you should choose nba live over 2k because it won't revolve around canned animations and look like it came straight out of the PS2
This was genuinely funny, because that was some true stuff you said about 2k.[/quote]
yes you can say i put words into his mouth based on how i wrote that but i believe what i said is more close that what i think he was thinking at time he wrote that tweet...and what you said as far as "fall back on their history" to me is just like saying trusting their history when its not a good history to fall back on...no you didn't say it in those words but thats what it sounds like to me...if your not saying that..then ok..mybad man...i'm not trying to put words in your mouth..i'm just reading and telling you how understand it...rather its your words or his...but i think we can drop this..its not that serious to me at the end of the day lol

# 34 jersez @ 06/28/13 12:13 AM
Quote:
This was genuinely funny, because that was some true stuff you said about 2k.
yes you can say i put words into his mouth based on how i wrote that but i believe what i said is more close that what i think he was thinking at time he wrote that tweet...and what you said as far as "fall back on their history" to me is just like saying trusting their history when its not a good history to fall back on...no you didn't say it in those words but thats what it sounds like to me...if your not saying that..then ok..mybad man...i'm not trying to put words in your mouth..i'm just reading and telling you how understand it...rather its your words or his...but i think we can drop this..its not that serious to me at the end of the day lol[/quote]

Lol, it's not at all, there was never any hard feelings or anything like that. I don't have a issue with you or him. I just hope EA will deliver a good product.

# 35 o Elevate o @ 06/28/13 12:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysBased
Sounds like they will update accessories after every game with the other hourly updates. Hopefully this means that we'll have different holiday/PS/etc. shoes added in a timely manner.

And at least they'll, you know, do their job. Instead of slapping shoes and accessories on the game and saying "Here, take care."

# 36 ccoaxum @ 06/28/13 12:45 AM
Quote:
yes you can say i put words into his mouth based on how i wrote that but i believe what i said is more close that what i think he was thinking at time he wrote that tweet...and what you said as far as "fall back on their history" to me is just like saying trusting their history when its not a good history to fall back on...no you didn't say it in those words but thats what it sounds like to me...if your not saying that..then ok..mybad man...i'm not trying to put words in your mouth..i'm just reading and telling you how understand it...rather its your words or his...but i think we can drop this..its not that serious to me at the end of the day lol
Lol, it's not at all, there was never any hard feelings or anything like that. I don't have a issue with you or him. I just hope EA will deliver a good product.[/quote]
agreed lol, i think every true basketball fan wants to see two good games, can't wait to see what we get.

# 37 Bolt957 @ 06/28/13 01:09 AM
I'll believe ALL of this, until I see it and it is actually released to the public in stores.

# 38 TUSS11 @ 06/28/13 01:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt957
I'll believe ALL of this, until I see it and it is actually released to the public in stores.
Interesting approach...

# 39 LegendKilla13 @ 06/28/13 03:12 AM
ESPN presentation. I am now paying attention

# 40 Boilerbuzz @ 06/28/13 03:23 AM
The "shall I go on" part does come off kind of cocky. That's fine as long as you can support that confidence with something to back it up. That can be history or something new to show. He had neither. And his list was kind of weak considering some of those items are in 2k as well. But forget that point: Most if that list was supposedly what was going to make Elite. Different buzzword, but same promises.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.