Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

View all the new NBA 2K14 screenshots, featuring some of the Euroleague teams, right here.

NBA 2K14 has an exclusive multi-year global partnership with 14 of the top teams from the Turkish Airlines Euroleague. Those teams are seen below.
  • Alba Berlin
  • FC Barcelona
  • Real Madrid
  • CSKA Moscow
  • EA7 Emporio Armani Milano
  • Montepaschi Siena
  • Fenerbahçe Ülker Istanbul
  • Anadolu Efes Istanbul
  • Olympiacos Piraeus
  • Panathinaikos Athens
  • Maccabi Electra Tel Aviv
  • Zalgiris Kaunas
  • Unicaja Málaga
  • Laboral Kutxa Vitoria
This is the first time Euroleague teams will be featured in the NBA 2K series and fans can play against NBA teams. No other features have been announced for the Euroleague teams, we might see more details later today.

Source - 2K Sports' NBA 2K14 to Include Top Euroleague Basketball Teams for the First Time in the Series (Euroleague)

NBA 2K14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K14 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 241 KyotoCarl @ 07/05/13 09:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaserRocketArm31
Have never understood this kind of thinking, it is thoroughly illogical. If you do not like a feature in a game, don't use it. It does not affect you one shred of an iota if they include an optional feature that would increase the market the game appeals to. Basic kindergarten stuff here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
You took my post the wrong way. I'm just saying that if it's something that's not a part of the NBA experience and something you can use within the different modes of the game, I don't see why it should be added.

The WNBA has, with the exception of one event at all star weekend, no interaction with the NBA at all. Euroleague and D league makes alot of sense but I see no use for a WNBA mode in an NBA game.

# 242 franzis @ 07/05/13 09:25 AM
I'm from Italy and I don't care about euroleague

# 243 sportjames23 @ 07/05/13 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpenias
Lebron Kobe Shaq Duncan have been in video games every year. Why is Jordan so worshipped when he has been ****ting on fans for the last 20 years?

How has he been ****ting on fans for the last 20 years?

Some dumb comments from some posters, I swear.

# 244 sportjames23 @ 07/05/13 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by franzis
I'm from Italy and I don't care about euroleague
Prove it. Say it in Italian.

# 245 infam0us @ 07/05/13 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportjames23
Non mi interessa l'Eurolega. I think I got it right, been like 2 months since I've used the language and I cant remember a damn thing...

# 246 midwestking100 @ 07/05/13 05:09 PM
I would LOVE to see the Chicago Stadium in next gen!!!!!

# 247 franzis @ 07/05/13 05:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportjames23
Sono italiano e dell'eurolega non me ne frega un cazzo (it's not academic language...trust me)

# 248 VDusen04 @ 07/06/13 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade8780
How can you enjoy the classic teams in 2K with all the generic players, no Webber, Kareem and Dr. J on their respective teams? Hell, you can get the PC version for free off YouTube. You don't need a great PC to handle it and the classic team mods on PC version >>>>>>>>>>>>> Classic teams on consoles.
It's all about making the best. There's obviously no competing with PC classics, but while there's no Webber, Kareem, or Dr. J on the console, there is Jordan, Pippen, Robinson, Magic, Larry, Ewing, O'Neal, Kobe, Duncan, Wilkins, Walton, McHale, Worthy, LJ, Zo, Muggsy, Payton, Kemp, Dikembe, Isiah, Joe D., Rodman, Wilt, Russell, Oscar, West, Dandridge, Baylor, Stockton, and Malone (amongst others).

I'd love for more teams and more filled out versions of teams we already have. I was very pleased when 2K12 did both of those things. 2K13 took a step back there, but I was still very thankful they included the classics they did. It was a bummer to lose some superstars, but through some great player creators, I was able to fill in the blanks where I saw fit. Again, it'll never be close to the PC version and I wish they hadn't handcuffed roster saves (via file corruption, auto save), but there's still a lot to enjoy.

# 249 KyotoCarl @ 07/07/13 03:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade8780
How can you enjoy the classic teams in 2K with all the generic players, no Webber, Kareem and Dr. J on their respective teams? Hell, you can get the PC version for free off YouTube. You don't need a great PC to handle it and the classic team mods on PC version >>>>>>>>>>>>> Classic teams on consoles.
This thread doesn't have anything to do with classic teams.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

# 250 jattnanga @ 07/08/13 11:42 AM
heard something recently that is very interesting relating to the announcement of 2k using EL teams in 2k14...

the fact that berlin was chosen as the german team says a lot about the direction that 2k wants to go with this. alba berlin in not the best basketball club in germany and will not even be in the euroleague this year, but it is the biggest basketball market in germany. if they wanted the best german team they should have taken bamberg or maybe bayern this year with all the new money they have.

that being said, the EL teams being added to the game are likely simply to increase sales in major european markets and not to globalize the game (and subsequently the my player/association modes) as maybe we would have hoped. i know some of us were hoping for the option to start our my career overseas or maybe even some kind of international transfer market in the association with the option to stash picks overseas or sign players starring in the euroleague, but that doesn't look so good. will likely be integrated into the game as the classic teams are...available to quick game and option to use them in a season/assoc/playoff game mode but they will not be available online.

kind of a bummer, but even if we can create 10 teams, plus the 14 in the game..that'll bring us to 24 which is enough to run a mostly european association with an nba division, so there are definitely still great positives to be taken. i'm simply speculating, but thats really all we can do at this point.

# 251 KyotoCarl @ 07/08/13 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jattnanga
heard something recently that is very interesting relating to the announcement of 2k using EL teams in 2k14...

the fact that berlin was chosen as the german team says a lot about the direction that 2k wants to go with this. alba berlin in not the best basketball club in germany and will not even be in the euroleague this year, but it is the biggest basketball market in germany. if they wanted the best german team they should have taken bamberg or maybe bayern this year with all the new money they have.

that being said, the EL teams being added to the game are likely simply to increase sales in major european markets and not to globalize the game (and subsequently the my player/association modes) as maybe we would have hoped. i know some of us were hoping for the option to start our my career overseas or maybe even some kind of international transfer market in the association with the option to stash picks overseas or sign players starring in the euroleague, but that doesn't look so good. will likely be integrated into the game as the classic teams are...available to quick game and option to use them in a season/assoc/playoff game mode but they will not be available online.

kind of a bummer, but even if we can create 10 teams, plus the 14 in the game..that'll bring us to 24 which is enough to run a mostly european association with an nba division, so there are definitely still great positives to be taken. i'm simply speculating, but thats really all we can do at this point.
You are making a lot of assumptions based on zero information.

You should instead say "i think that..." and not relay it as some sort of fact when have none.

# 252 jattnanga @ 07/08/13 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyotoCarl
You are making a lot of assumptions based on zero information.

You should instead say "i think that..." and not relay it as some sort of fact when have none.

sorry i didn't mean to mislead. i suppose i should have been more clear.

i heard a point made by jonathan givony of draft express, on the taking charge podcast with os davis of ball in europe and david hein of hein news, regarding the choice of alba berlin being in the plans for 2k14 as being a suggestive indicator that 2k is in it simply for the sales in the larger european markets and did not necessarily choose the best 14 teams in europe.

I THINK THAT is an interesting view and MAY mean that 2k will use the Euroleague teams in a limited fashion in quick game, as an option in custom season/assoc/playoff game modes rather than as fully integrated of a fashion that some of us hoped for.

# 253 JasonWilliams55 @ 07/08/13 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jattnanga
sorry i didn't mean to mislead. i suppose i should have been more clear.

i heard a point made by jonathan givony of draft express, on the taking charge podcast with os davis of ball in europe and david hein of hein news, regarding the choice of alba berlin being in the plans for 2k14 as being a suggestive indicator that 2k is in it simply for the sales in the larger european markets and did not necessarily choose the best 14 teams in europe.

I THINK THAT is an interesting view and MAY mean that 2k will use the Euroleague teams in a limited fashion in quick game, as an option in custom season/assoc/playoff game modes rather than as fully integrated of a fashion that some of us hoped for.
While this is probably the most realistic scenario of how it will play out this year, but what about subsequent years?

Didn't 2k sign a multi-year deal with the Euro League? It could mean that they are putting out what they have now and in 2k15 we will see an expanded mode and/or maybe a full fledged Euro2k15 (ah one can wish).

We know they work on a 1 year schedule (maybe this has been in the works longer but who knows) so with a 1 year schedule the most logical option would be to get the biggest cities (max # of possible customers) of your possible next market (Europe), get the game out there, wait for feedback, move forward (which is what they will do) and I am sure they will expand in 2k15, multi-year deal basically means they will, well at least set themselves up to. (IF not then it would be a huge waste of a deal imo)

# 254 Paul316us @ 07/09/13 10:38 AM
yep that is what 2k did with the classic teams. The first year just add 5 starting guys besides bulls teams ,and then they notice that did good they went all out the next year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonWilliams55
While this is probably the most realistic scenario of how it will play out this year, but what about subsequent years?

Didn't 2k sign a multi-year deal with the Euro League? It could mean that they are putting out what they have now and in 2k15 we will see an expanded mode and/or maybe a full fledged Euro2k15 (ah one can wish).

We know they work on a 1 year schedule (maybe this has been in the works longer but who knows) so with a 1 year schedule the most logical option would be to get the biggest cities (max # of possible customers) of your possible next market (Europe), get the game out there, wait for feedback, move forward (which is what they will do) and I am sure they will expand in 2k15, multi-year deal basically means they will, well at least set themselves up to. (IF not then it would be a huge waste of a deal imo)

# 255 vtcrb @ 07/09/13 12:46 PM
With help from other Community members we were able to assemble the Roster below. This could just be the tip of the Iceberg IF 2k gives us more teams and options for future releases. I figured some of the fans of the Euroleague/FIBA addition may enjoy it.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...box-360-a.html

# 256 biggiejerseys @ 07/09/13 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyotoCarl
If this feature is integrated into My Career and Association mode then it's gonna be really cool. If it's just the teams and you can play them in quick matches then I'm probably never gonna use the feature. I never watch any Euroleague games.

But, if they make so that you can go overseas and play or you can have real players from the Euroleague in the draft, then it's gonna be a really cool feature.
This.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

# 257 RayRay34 @ 08/19/13 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimBaller
Classic Teams live on my friends.
Thank You!!!

# 258 juicey79 @ 08/19/13 05:31 PM
I wouldn't mind paying $5 for MJ on next gen or $10 for real downloadable classic characters.

# 259 airmatic23 @ 08/19/13 06:04 PM
For all you FIBA and USA Basketball Fans, myself and Sellaz32 were able to create a pretty awsome project titled 2K13 "GLOBAL GAMES EDITION" (OVER 75 USA & FIBA INTERNATIONAL TEAMS). Please feel free to check it out and enjoy the roster. Hopefully we can see some of these teams on my project in future 2K games.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...eams-xbox.html

# 260 testorz @ 08/20/13 09:50 PM
I just hope Dr J is in this time !

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.