Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

View all the new NBA 2K14 screenshots, featuring some of the Euroleague teams, right here.

NBA 2K14 has an exclusive multi-year global partnership with 14 of the top teams from the Turkish Airlines Euroleague. Those teams are seen below.
  • Alba Berlin
  • FC Barcelona
  • Real Madrid
  • CSKA Moscow
  • EA7 Emporio Armani Milano
  • Montepaschi Siena
  • Fenerbahçe Ülker Istanbul
  • Anadolu Efes Istanbul
  • Olympiacos Piraeus
  • Panathinaikos Athens
  • Maccabi Electra Tel Aviv
  • Zalgiris Kaunas
  • Unicaja Málaga
  • Laboral Kutxa Vitoria
This is the first time Euroleague teams will be featured in the NBA 2K series and fans can play against NBA teams. No other features have been announced for the Euroleague teams, we might see more details later today.

Source - 2K Sports' NBA 2K14 to Include Top Euroleague Basketball Teams for the First Time in the Series (Euroleague)

NBA 2K14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K14 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 eko718 @ 07/02/13 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeBronistheKing
This is unexpected and great news. However I would love to know a few things. The first and most important being does this inclusion mean the elimination of the classic teams from 2K14? The fact that this is a multi year deal leads me to believe so, and that would be a major disappointment if that was the case. The classic teams has added tons of replay value for the past couple of 2K titles, and after seeing the next gen footage of 2K14 I have been even more excited to play as the classic teams with that level of realism in the player models. Would be devastated if they were ommited. Which brings me to my next question/concern. Will these Euroleague teams or classic teams be available on the next gen versions of 2K14? I have already pre ordered for PS4 only, and it would be a shame if I missed out on this feature but hopefully the upgrade in graphics will make up for it.
This is the first thing I looked for in the article. It seems to specify that it will be available on all platforms. Also, it would make little sense for them to obtain such a license only for current gen... still it would be great if we could get concrete confirmation.

I couldn't agree more about the classic teams. However, I, like you, have a bad feeling that they may be trying to phase them out, if they have not already with 2K14. We shall see.

# 42 jmaj315 @ 07/02/13 10:42 AM
This is pretty cool, especially if they are in association mode for scouting and whatnot....

SN: I bet 50% of those guys get flop card lol

# 43 mrbigshot @ 07/02/13 10:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukebeatsuncagain
You guys seriously care about euroleage teams that much? I mean, yea that is pretty awesome that they are included, but I don't really care about any euroleague teams at all. And if this comes in replace of the classic teams, as somebody mentioned above, then that is not worth it. I would rather see, at least, 1 classic team for all the teams in the NBA so I can do a legit Classic Association before I get to play quick games with Unicaja Málaga.

And in NO way does this mean "another nail in EA's coffin". No shot. I can only assume that 75% of the people who buy NBA2k are in the USA, and I can assume that 95% of those people don't care at all about Euroleague.

I guess that is just my opinion, but I will say if they integrate it in with association mode, that will be pretty interesting.

But IF, however, they allow us to create custom courts, and implement some sort of "import your face" feature like they do with madden's gameface, then I think we can forgive 2k on this one, and it will become increasingly easier to create NBA players from years past with the corresponding courts and such to give it a much more authentic feel.

maybe this information Also means that association mode will finally include a highly anticipated accessory to the game which is OWNER MODE! so we can relocate teams and such. maybe even have a EUROLEAGUE in the NBA? or eurodivision. one of the sort.

man, i would so much enjoy a owner mode. I want that more, dare I say, than even legend teams which I am VERY fond of!

# 44 eko718 @ 07/02/13 10:54 AM
As some have already stated, capturing the differences between Euroleague and the NBA is really key; from the 3 point line, arenas, environment and crowd. Hopefully, this is a goal of the devs.

A very positive thing about this is in regards to roster updates. Now, NBA players who come midseason from the Euroleague can actually be AUTHENTIC, as opposed to created players. If 2K added the D League in a similar manner, that would cover just about all bases.

# 45 fradok @ 07/02/13 11:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eko718
As some have already stated, capturing the differences between Euroleague and the NBA is really key; from the 3 point line, arenas, environment and crowd. Hopefully, this is a goal of the devs.

A very positive thing about this is in regards to roster updates. Now, NBA players who come midseason from the Euroleague can actually be AUTHENTIC, as opposed to created players. If 2K added the D League in a similar manner, that would cover just about all bases.
well... as you can see from the screens... the 3 point line is wrong and the crowd sucks...

i think that 2K doesn't know that in Europe we have this > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxgITGp6Izs

# 46 Vni @ 07/02/13 11:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fradok
i think that 2K doesn't know that in Europe we have this > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxgITGp6Izs
And that was just your regular pre season games...

just kidding.

# 47 Sportzfan0290 @ 07/02/13 11:18 AM
If NBA 2K would, a good idea as someone stated in here already would be to implement the differences of sound in terms of crowd. As I can already tell it looks like they are going for the most authentic look for Euroleagues feature. The gyms look somewhat small and the courts for Real Madrid and one other look similar to their real life courts. I have been waiting patiently for this for years to even just see NBA 2K implement this will be great. Another thing if 2K were to they should just switch their name of NBA 2K. Call it FIBA 2K. Also they should buy the licenses from the other FIBA teams and they could build eventually an Olympics mode which could include youth FIBA teams. You never know what could happen in the next 5 years of basketball video games.

# 48 HakeemOlajuwon @ 07/02/13 11:19 AM
Awesome !
i hope it's not only "quick match teams" like Dream Team and Team USA this year

# 49 LionsFanNJ @ 07/02/13 11:25 AM
The classic players were only contracted for three games. 2k11 was the first, 2k13 was the last. So in all likelyhood this replaces classic teams.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

# 50 Vni @ 07/02/13 11:26 AM
Is there any chance they announce later that FIBA is also in the game?

I think there is a slight chance this happens.

e/ Or is it EA that has FIBA rights?

# 51 LS33 @ 07/02/13 11:31 AM
Olympic mode maybe?
And instead of playing other leagues you automatically play against spain

# 52 D13 @ 07/02/13 11:33 AM
Impressive even though it doesn't interest me. Good to see 2k step out of the box on this one.

# 53 Goffs @ 07/02/13 11:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveberg
I just don't see the attraction. This is an NBA game, not Euro League 2k. I'm from the UK and want to pay for a game with features from the NBA, not other basketball organizations/leagues.

If this replaces the classic NBA teams then I won't even bother to purchase.

Glad others are happy about this, it's just not for me.
I dunno...if the modders on the PC version can add a bunch of classic teams I don't see why 2k can't do the same by having Euroleague teams with Classic teams as well...

I'm curious about the rule changes...now, will we be able to play with Euroleague rules on a exhibition game or not? Probably not just by going by how they handled classic rules during exhibition games......

# 54 believeinnow @ 07/02/13 11:34 AM
A couple of things:

1) I wish they announced how these clubs will be implemented in the game. Is it just for exhibition mode or will there be some sort of Euroleague mode (which the images kind of suggest)
2) Are they going to include European-like arenas (so smaller with larger crowd influences (tifos, flares, etc...)
3) With 23 of the 24 Euroleague clubs known, why only 14 are included?
4) Will there be a way to start a career in Europe and then get drafted by the NBA...or if your career begins to suffer, can you be offered a contract with a European team and then attempt to make it back in the NBA?

There are so many interesting ways they can run with this, I just hope it's not a dump in the game just so that they can appeal to the European market with some extra bells and whistles.

# 55 RocketTMac1 @ 07/02/13 11:39 AM
Please let this be on the next gen as well!!!!

Give me D-League and Summer League as well!!!

# 56 Greekcian @ 07/02/13 11:54 AM
Now the real question is, can you play in the Euro league before entering the draft in MyCareer in stead of a combine game?

# 57 MavsManiac4Life @ 07/02/13 12:02 PM
I would actually play MyCareer if I could go undrafted in the NBA and the Euroleague would have interest in me and sign me, or choose to play in the Euroleague ala Brandon Jennings then go to the NBA. Also hope that you can draft generic or even real players into the NBA in Association.

# 58 vtcrb @ 07/02/13 12:06 PM
My question is can we EDIT the teams or will they be like the 1992 and 2012 USA teams. I am going to Assume they have a Euroleague Playoff Mode. I am hoping they DONT remove any Classic Teams(Hoping they ADD more). 2k has a MAJOR opportunity with this addition. I am HOPING they take Full Advantage of it.

# 59 Slava Medvadenko @ 07/02/13 12:06 PM
If this has a Euroleague mode and My Career/Association integration, 2k could very well sell a couple million more units in Europe.

# 60 Gstate_510 @ 07/02/13 12:07 PM
Omg i been waiting on this.i thought this would be in 2k13 bacuase of the usa team being added but I'm glad they finally got it for 2k14

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.