Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

View all the new NBA 2K14 screenshots, featuring some of the Euroleague teams, right here.

NBA 2K14 has an exclusive multi-year global partnership with 14 of the top teams from the Turkish Airlines Euroleague. Those teams are seen below.
  • Alba Berlin
  • FC Barcelona
  • Real Madrid
  • CSKA Moscow
  • EA7 Emporio Armani Milano
  • Montepaschi Siena
  • Fenerbahçe Ülker Istanbul
  • Anadolu Efes Istanbul
  • Olympiacos Piraeus
  • Panathinaikos Athens
  • Maccabi Electra Tel Aviv
  • Zalgiris Kaunas
  • Unicaja Málaga
  • Laboral Kutxa Vitoria
This is the first time Euroleague teams will be featured in the NBA 2K series and fans can play against NBA teams. No other features have been announced for the Euroleague teams, we might see more details later today.

Source - 2K Sports' NBA 2K14 to Include Top Euroleague Basketball Teams for the First Time in the Series (Euroleague)

NBA 2K14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K14 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 tarantism @ 07/03/13 01:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krispy Flakes
All the great Euro players are already in the NBA.
lol wut

# 162 sactown_13 @ 07/03/13 02:09 AM
wishful thinking here, but I hope this means I can draft international players with tons of potential but low rating and stash them overseas until they are ready. would add a lot of depth to the draft process in association mode

# 163 sactown_13 @ 07/03/13 02:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloorGeneral
lol, you COMPLETELY contradict yourself in this post. Of course there's a need to speculate about it, PRECISELY because there's been no mention either for or against.

I'm sure some of the folks on 2K twitter have been inundated with tweets all day asking about classic teams. Like dude said above, complete silence on the topic from them is a bit unsettling. Me personally, I could give 2 craps about Euroleague teams. I understand that some ppl are excited, but those ppl are few and far between. Like has been said, they can't get ratings for NBA players right, and we're supposed to believe that they know anything about the players overseas?

Let's just hope that they fix what's wrong with their game, and not put their main focus on some teams that most ppl probably won't play with more than once or twice for curiosity's sake.
they havent released much information on the game at all. give it time

# 164 Skuxx24 @ 07/03/13 02:55 AM
They have to be able to implement these euro league teams in association or they will be no good be good to bring Miriotic over to the bulls finally!!

# 165 daveberg @ 07/03/13 04:01 AM
In regards to the classic teams - remember, 2k revealed the 6.6.13 trailer - sure, it was 2k13 footage, but they DID show MJ in there. Would they really do that and NOT have him/the legends in the game? (They also showed footage of the Dream Team and Team USA)

Again, not really hyped for this Euroleague stuff at all. I suppose only one good thing can come of it - if the dream team is still in the game, we could use them against all the Euro squads. Outside of that, I have zero interest in this.

# 166 ericem @ 07/03/13 05:56 AM
This! ^ I'm not really that hyped about Euroleague but as most of you all said, if it is incorporated in My Career or The Association that would be awesome.

# 167 MattyEdgeworth @ 07/03/13 06:02 AM
Excellent news, I'm very interested to see how they incorporate them. Hopefully, You'll be able to start in the EuroLeague or move there towards the end of your career as a MyPlayer.

# 168 lkasprzak @ 07/03/13 07:27 AM
Not hyped at all. I`m not interested about Europe teams (I live in Europe :P).

I hope they FINALLY will fix association!

# 169 KyotoCarl @ 07/03/13 08:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveberg
In regards to the classic teams - remember, 2k revealed the 6.6.13 trailer - sure, it was 2k13 footage, but they DID show MJ in there. Would they really do that and NOT have him/the legends in the game? (They also showed footage of the Dream Team and Team USA)

Again, not really hyped for this Euroleague stuff at all. I suppose only one good thing can come of it - if the dream team is still in the game, we could use them against all the Euro squads. Outside of that, I have zero interest in this.
Good point. How quickly the people who just want to complain forget, or don't bother to look up information before complaining.

# 170 ForeverVersatile @ 07/03/13 09:04 AM
I'm sorry but all the focus needs to be on the current NBA players and teams not old school and euro league. Don't add until you prefect what you already have. This is one of the reasons the game is screwed up, 2K trying to do too much.

# 171 VDusen04 @ 07/03/13 09:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Throne2K11
I'm sorry but all the focus needs to be on the current NBA players and teams not old school and euro league. Don't add until you prefect what you already have. This is one of the reasons the game is screwed up, 2K trying to do too much.
I don't entirely subscribe to that notion either. If 2K never branched out until their current gameplay was totally perfect, we wouldn't have any other modes because it'd never be perfect. There'd always be issues. And as always, those involved with how a game plays aren't always also involved with aspects such as team creation.

# 172 KyotoCarl @ 07/03/13 10:07 AM
Quote:
Roster building and gameplay programming are to separate divisions and have nothing to do with each other

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

# 173 Barbatrucco @ 07/03/13 10:18 AM
This is the point, for me

http://www.operationsports.com/Barbatrucco/blog/25814-nba-2k14-the-euroleague-question/

# 174 Goffs @ 07/03/13 10:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyotoCarl
Roster building and gameplay programming are to separate divisions and have nothing to do with each other

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
This...seriously...I don't get how people keep thinking that adding teams take away work from programming the game...

All it is are player models and textures which can be replaced easily with a 3D program or photoshop and here's proof of that....

# 175 Sportzfan0290 @ 07/03/13 10:46 AM
You guys are missing the point. Now that 2K have Euroleague teams licenses and uniform likes just imagine what will happen in the future. Sure is only a couple year contract but that could change. They could for all we know be thinking of a way to make a Euroleague/FIBA basketball game. I was this close to not even be considering getting 2K14 now seeing this this is a dream come true. Is only a matter of time till 2K expand to another video game.

# 176 R9NALD9 @ 07/03/13 11:02 AM
I suspect that classic teams will either dissapear completely or be toned down HEAVILY.

The emphasis on classic teams have been toned down already quite a bit in NBA 2k13. With the Euroleague teams coming into the frame makes me think that we will see quite a heavy reduction in classic teams in NBA 2k14...

Why?

They will have a set budget, and the Euroleague licenses costs money...money that will more than likely come from classic team/player licenses they used to pay.

I'm almost 100% certain we won't see MJ in NBA 2k14.

Me personally couldn't care less about Euroleague...I know Real Madrid has a team...and that's that...I doubt I'll play one Euroleague match.

My concern is...EA do have the money...and they obviously saw what impact classic teams and MJ had on the last 3 iterations of NBA 2k. I predict EA will invest heavily into classic teams in the next couple of years and might even get MJ into the LIVE series as well. The sheep will follow and if NBA 2k concentrates on Euroleague instead their sales will drop...

The LIVE series even had international teams, which by the sounds of it most of you will prefer international teams to Euroleague...and how well did the FIBA license do EA's LIVE series...none. Classic teams are the way to go and if I'm right and NBA 2k focuses on Euroleague etc. and not classic players and teams they are in for some revunue cuts.

I hope I'm wrong, because the classic teams and players have almost been the best aspect par gameplay on these last 3 NBA 2k's.

I doubt there are many people out there that watched the NBA in the 90's that doesn't feel the same as I do.

For all I care 2k can bring out nba 2k95 with the 95/96 season and forget about all the current players :P

# 177 sportjames23 @ 07/03/13 11:18 AM
Quote:

GTFO with this nonsense.

# 178 Barbatrucco @ 07/03/13 12:16 PM
The way is the challenge.
I personally have playerd a lot of classic Bulls when there was the Jordan Challenge in 2K11.
But i didnt play any Classic Team in NBA2K12 or NBA2K13 beacuse there's no challenge, only friendly match.
I need competition, non friendly or quicly match.
So Classic Teams have a sense if there is a challange, something like a whole 1990 playoff battle or Lakers vs Celtics Finals at the time of Magic and Larry.
But if there is no challenge, i dont like classic team.
I'd like Euroleague Team if there is a challenge like Eurolegue Final Four

# 179 SimBaller @ 07/03/13 01:11 PM
Classic Teams live on my friends.

# 180 Csmooove32 @ 07/03/13 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimBaller
Classic Teams live on my friends.
that's all we need to know.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.