Home
NCAA Football 14 News Post

NCAA Football 14 is available now for EA Sports Season Ticket subscribers. Post your impressions here.

As a reminder, this is not a topic for questions. Please use the NCAA Football 14 Q&A thread for that.

Game: NCAA Football 14Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 54 - View All
NCAA Football 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 DGuinta1 @ 07/05/13 04:19 PM
Gameplay and color improved. Presentation and sound seems the same.

# 42 Skyboxer @ 07/05/13 04:20 PM
Seems like CPU screens are once again automatic sacks.

Just basing this on 3 in a row so far... we'll see but if this is the case I will not buy the retail even if I get the "Patch can fix it"..
They had all year to fix it...

# 43 IUxHOOSIERS @ 07/05/13 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatMan72
I find the normal game speed painfully slow.
This and the shoe string tackles are my ONLY concern with this game so far in terms of gameplay. Granted I was playing online against someone but still, the game speed is just way too slow.

The shoe string tackles just look fake to me. The runner should fall forward and not get suctioned backwards.

Like I said, these are my only two complaints. The passing is awesome. Haven't seen any fake or unreal interceptions yet.

# 44 Strategizer @ 07/05/13 04:27 PM
So I did a dealbreaker search for my Mizzou dyansty and 197 players had dealbreakers for me. Most of them were proximity to home, with a lot also being playing time and a couple of playing style dealbreakers. 6 were 4 stars and 20 total were in the top 500. That's a decent number of dealbreakers for a 4 star school in the SEC. I have to believe there will be a lot more for the smaller mid major programs. This feature is really going to make a difference for those smaller schools, which I am excited about.

# 45 shando14 @ 07/05/13 04:27 PM
Default Hesiman is no joke. First half LSU(User) vs. Texas at home and I'm down 21-0. They came to play and i wasn't ready. I love it

# 46 DGuinta1 @ 07/05/13 04:30 PM
Love the cut backs and cut back lanes.

# 47 DGuinta1 @ 07/05/13 04:33 PM
Tried a spin right after a catch on a punt and I held onto the ball! No auto-fumble.

# 48 The JareBear @ 07/05/13 04:39 PM
Started off with two ranked matches, won both with A&M. Spread option attack is deadly. Had fun on D trying to stop user Bama

Played a half of Air Force (me) vs Navy (CPU) on default heisman, 8 min qtrs

It was 14-14 at half, the my game got really laggy like the frame rate dipped low on every play so I restarted the console. I'm on a 250 gig 360 slim. Little worried about that hope it was just a glitch

# 49 jahswill @ 07/05/13 04:39 PM
There's got to be a way to avoid those shoestring tackles. I did avoid one by changing my angle at the last second. Anybody find something else, let us know.

# 50 TeriyAkin @ 07/05/13 04:40 PM
there aren't any smart routes anymore... that's dumb

# 51 bad_philanthropy @ 07/05/13 04:44 PM
The "db glitch" is still in, and it's pretty unacceptable. Hopefully there is a day one patch correcting this, but for now I will say that I am disappointed.

The video is on Heisman, adjusted speed threshold to 20. This is one example, but 4 verticals worked 9/10 times I tried in this same game. Probably would have worked 100% of the time had I not attempted it within the opponent's 30 yard line. Any time I tried from my half the field it worked.

# 52 BenGerman @ 07/05/13 04:48 PM
Just played my first half, Florida (me) against FSU (CPU).

Overall, I'm still really impressed. FSU got a ten point lead on me early, and I was worried I wouldn't be able to stop them. But I was able to adjust to a little bit and slowed them down for the rest of the half. The score is sitting at 10-3 right now.

Also, a quick note: I was listening to the half time show and right before they cut back to the game, Reese Davis mentioned something about a coach who likes to "sample the taste of the field", which was obviously alluding to Les Miles over at LSU. Thought that was really neat.

# 53 jmurphy31 @ 07/05/13 04:50 PM
Played one game so far. I haven't played a ton of NCAA in the past few years, but I have played a ton of Madden. Overall solid game, game play wise. Blocking has improved and the CPU option is solid (once you get up takes them out of it and they become predictable). The CPU AI had some good moments and poor. Down 14 late in the first half the CPU went for it on fourth down (Were just out of FG range and didnt make sense to punt). But then on their next possession with under a minute to go on their own 15 (after a sack), they call a timeout.

Other elements are OK, but still not great. Commentary isnt bland, as is the college atmosphere. I do like the stat banners comparing your star player to the rest of your teams output. Halftime, was just highlights as the studio hosts said some generic lines about great the game was (I was winning 21-0). Replays are all over the place. Some are so quick(the ESPN wipes are longer) and for long replays EA still uses those weird angles and quick camera cuts between angles)

As others have said, its much better than before. I couldnt play more than 10 games the past few years. This year I think I can get through a season or two once rosters come out.

# 54 DGuinta1 @ 07/05/13 04:52 PM
I beat The U with Rutgers and instead of congratulating Rutgers they talk about how Miami still has one of the best players in the country and probably will bounce back next week. No luv. SMH

# 55 mestevo @ 07/05/13 04:53 PM
Disappointed more of the loading couldnt have been done server-side the way madden 13 does with online franchise.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

# 56 BenGerman @ 07/05/13 04:54 PM
A piece of heartbreaking news: I just ran into an example of the DB glitch. Ran a play action off to the side, and the CB crashes. Which is fine, as it may have been a result of the CPU being fooled by the play action. But then, right as my WR passes into the safeties area, the safety crashes and leaves my WR wide open.

For an otherwise huge upgrade, it's almost impossible for me to believe that EA didn't fix this. Hopefully it will be a unique case for me.

# 57 The JareBear @ 07/05/13 04:57 PM
Out routes in ranked matches pretty powerful

# 58 duffman @ 07/05/13 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
The "db glitch" is still in, and it's pretty unacceptable. Hopefully there is a day one patch correcting this, but for now I will say that I am disappointed.

The video is on Heisman, adjusted speed threshold to 20. This is one example, but 4 verticals worked 9/10 times I tried in this same game. Probably would have worked 100% of the time had I not attempted it within the opponent's 30 yard line. Any time I tried from my half the field it worked.

ugh....if this happens even halfway as often as it did last year i'm out. been having fun with the game so far but now knowing this is still there is a total buzzkill. last year was ruined knowing that i could run that play whenever i wanted to, granted i can keep myself from doing it but just knowing that there's something i can do to get a first down, or a td, when i need one ruins the game for me. could it be threshold related (long shot, i know)?

# 59 mbergh22 @ 07/05/13 05:00 PM
So far very impressed. One bummer is they did not update Husky Stadium. I hope they do an update via patch. Anyone know if they have done stadium updates via patch in the past?

# 60 bad_philanthropy @ 07/05/13 05:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by duffman
ugh....if this happens even halfway as often as it did last year i'm out. been having fun with the game so far but now knowing this is still there is a total buzzkill. last year was ruined knowing that i could run that play whenever i wanted to, granted i can keep myself from doing it but just knowing that there's something i can do to get a first down, or a td, when i need one ruins the game for me. could it be threshold related (long shot, i know)?
Unfortunately I'm seeing it every time I attempt to trigger it with 4 verts. Increasing the pass coverage slider may be an option. I haven't tried it yet.

Unbelievable this wasn't fixed. I know last year guys like Matt10 tried to get the word out—apparently to no avail.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.