Home
NCAA Football 14 News Post

NCAA Football 14 is available now for EA Sports Season Ticket subscribers. Post your impressions here.

As a reminder, this is not a topic for questions. Please use the NCAA Football 14 Q&A thread for that.

Game: NCAA Football 14Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 54 - View All
NCAA Football 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 ndirish6776 @ 07/05/13 05:58 PM
Online play is good! Not the offensive contests I thought they would be. I won my first game 35-15, my second one 17-10, and my third one 28-14.

I should note that I only played offense during the demo and would sim on D, so I don't really consider myself an expert on D yet. .

# 82 franch1se @ 07/05/13 06:14 PM
Default AA

SDSU (ME) 34-UNLV 3

I liked the half time show. I'm assuming when I get into a dynasty that they will incorporate more games and stats etc.

The game feels much smoother than last years ago and that was apparent by the demo. Graphics still leave a lot to be desired.

I like the updated infinite engine, however some very weird animations come out of it. The first play of the game I ran a toss with Muema and got tangled with some Dl and his whole body contorted into some weird warp and he sprung free for 6 more yards.

I like running QB's this year. Dingwell was deadly this game and when UNLV's starter got knocked out the back up was a runner and would take off when I got pressure on him. Good to see.

At Qualcomm they have the new SDSU helmet at midfield, which can be assumed new uni's will be one of the few patched in?

You still CANNOT assign duplicate numbers!

# 83 TDenverFan @ 07/05/13 06:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oulzac
Can anyone tell me if they implemented coaching careers this year? As in when you start a dynasty you are only able to pick from certain schools that offer you jobs? I have been waiting for this feature for a very long time.
I know we're only supposed to post impressions here, but im curious as to what's the use of this feature?

# 84 Flightwhite24 @ 07/05/13 06:25 PM
Fellows just my personal opinion with the short time I've had with this game. It's not finished plain and simple.

I hate to say it but I can't/wouldn't recommend this game to anyone right now. I'm on ps3 and it's a bug filled experience. Things have improved from the demo but critical game changing bugs/issues exist and it's often

Cpu getting called for Delay of game after scoring a TD. Game just sits at the endzone as the playclock counts down

After int's the ball spot is completely wrong.

It has some good things going for it but just the 2 above mentioned can drastically change the outcome of a game

# 85 gator3guy @ 07/05/13 06:30 PM
What's up with the weird animations after touchdowns?

Haven't seen a single penalty.

CPU doesn't return kicks 2 yards deep in the endzone.

Zone is useless.

Player movement is better. Less zig-zag.

Jaged edges on PS3 are hard not to notice. Looks like PS1.

Overall it's not terrible. Still undecided if this is a purchase or if I'll have to wait until next gen to get my college football fix.

# 86 TheBleedingRed21 @ 07/05/13 06:33 PM
FLIGHT, hopefully I do not notice these bugs but I have had a blast with it, I would DEFF recommend it but if those bugs are common, than that is a different story.

On another note, recruiting is fantastic. For those who like more time consuming depth, you will not like it, but I hated the length recruiting took before, this year, it is very simple but a challenge for sure.

# 87 wolverinemaniac @ 07/05/13 06:34 PM
I am on 360, Gameplay is smoother than the demo. The cpu seems a bit more fine tuned on both sides of the ball. I have seen no penalties so far. I have seen bad qb's underthrow/overthrow alot! which I love

I have not seen any gamebreaking bugs, I am enjoying myself and would HIGHLY recommend this game

# 88 Zac @ 07/05/13 06:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDenverFan
I know we're only supposed to post impressions here, but im curious as to what's the use of this feature?
To make it a more real to life coaching experience. Having to work your way up. Starting at the bottom. Not being able to be a top 25 schools head coach right out of the gate. This is what I loved about the college hoops 2k games.

And then you would only get job offers on your performance. So it would take you a while to get to the major schools. I know you can kinda of do this now by choosing a lower end school, but its not the same if I have pretend on my end. I want the system built in. It would just be nice is all. So hoping its finally been added.

Also sorry for posting this here. I had two tabs open and thought I posted this on the EA NCAA forum.

# 89 HozAndMoose @ 07/05/13 06:35 PM
Im playing as South Alabama vs Georgia St and my LE is dominating their RT. 5 sacks in the 1st half. 4 of them when the CPU is controlling him. and only 4 man rush. My LE is rated 73 their RT is 65.

# 90 The JareBear @ 07/05/13 06:35 PM
Glad I'm only playing in no-switch OD this year, seeing some hard cheese in this one ranked match

Three others have been fun tho

About to play against g tech CPU

# 91 TexanCam @ 07/05/13 06:36 PM
Playing on default AA and I'm loving the game so far. I've played with Texas A&M against Alabama already for one game. Animations with this infinity engine leave a little to be desired, but hey, it's a game. I did however see a pass be fought for by the corner. Ultimately ended up with the interception after wrestling with the wide receiver, wish I would've thought to record it.

Haven't seen any bugs as of yet. I didn't see any in the demo actually. For the 360 version at least.

Ran the triple option with Air Force and Memphis. Yeah Memphis, actually runs pretty well with them. I might say the triple option is a little overpowered on All-American. Going to try and bump it to Heisman to see if it makes a difference. Just too many big plays in my opinion. Although I did play Utah State.

# 92 HozAndMoose @ 07/05/13 06:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oulzac
To make it a more real to life coaching experience. Having to work your way up. Starting at the bottom. Not being able to be a top 25 schools head coach right out of the gate. This is what I loved about the college hoops 2k games.

And then you would only get job offers on your performance. So it would take you a while to get to the major schools. I know you can kinda of do this now by choosing a lower end school, but its not the same if I have pretend on my end. I want the system built in. It would just be nice is all. So hoping its finally been added.

Also sorry for posting this here. I had two tabs open and thought I posted this on the EA NCAA forum.
You can pick any school you want to coach at. Just choose to start at the bottom. You wont get offers from big schools for quite a while. at least never have.

# 93 TheBleedingRed21 @ 07/05/13 06:37 PM
Want to add this (I did not edit because it was on previous page and will be lost..)

In week 3 of dynasty with new coach, already level 3... Hate that.

Granted, they do give you options for level speed. I chose normal. Slow or slowest will be the way to go if you want a challenge and not level your coach so fast.

# 94 Skyboxer @ 07/05/13 06:38 PM
Ok played quite a few 1/2 games with different teams etc...

Plain and simple the game is knocking on the door of somewhat greatness but that's it.

It's close to being a nice experience but it needs some work. It was a fun time but too many things that need fixed and what irks me the most is a LOT are the same things that were in previous versions....

Just not sure I want to send this team 60.00...

Again game is fun and things can be overlooked and still have a fun experience. Just not sure why they chose to not touch some of the issues from previous versions.

# 95 tyberious4now @ 07/05/13 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIGHTWHITE
Fellows just my personal opinion with the short time I've had with this game. It's not finished plain and simple.

I hate to say it but I can't/wouldn't recommend this game to anyone right now. I'm on ps3 and it's a bug filled experience. Things have improved from the demo but critical game changing bugs/issues exist and it's often

Cpu getting called for Delay of game after scoring a TD. Game just sits at the endzone as the playclock counts down

It has some good things going for it but just the 2 above mentioned can drastically change the outcome of a game
Thanks I'm canceling my pre order tomorrow! Hopefully the DB glitch and those Bugs are fixed. Other than that it is a good game....

# 96 Cowboy008 @ 07/05/13 06:45 PM
I'm enjoying the game so far.. A lot better then 13

# 97 Strategizer @ 07/05/13 06:58 PM
Quote:

You can advance the play after a touchdown by pressing x or a or whatever it is on xbox if the camera is focusing on the endzone and not doing anything.

# 98 Ninjoid @ 07/05/13 06:59 PM
Quote:

Hopefully there is a release day patch to address these. I picked up the first one in cpu v cpu game mode...set the game away, went out for an hour, came back hope expecting to find a completed game only to see that they had played 2mins and it had hung on a delay of game following the first touchdown.

# 99 Skyboxer @ 07/05/13 07:02 PM
Last thing is I have not had any issues yet with the "DB Glitch"

I don't run deep passes back to back to back just to catch the glitch either.

In the context and flow of a real game I've yet to see the glitch. I have had some plays where the WR "seemed" too open but after replay it shows no glitch but usually a bad decision by a Safety.

I am having fun so I guess that's what's important
Love the AI run game.

# 100 Ferweezy @ 07/05/13 07:17 PM
Im not feeling the game so far. To the core it's still doesn't replicate football. It's like putting make-up on and ugly chick. It may appear better, but to the core its still hideous.

This version of the infinity engine took a step back from maddens. The collisions are terrible and unnatural , Penalties still doesn't work, The Kicking game is too easy. The Sliders options don't work like it should. This game feels too generic. I don't understand why people are loving this and settling for trash time and time again.

I can't stand the robotic feel of this game. EA needs to be like Visual Concepts and do motion capture for the whole game. No matter how hard the crap development team of Tiburon tries to fix the player movements. It will still look like crap and unnatural. I'm tired of getting force fed this game time again from EA.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.