Home
NCAA Football 14 News Post

NCAA Football 14 is available now for EA Sports Season Ticket subscribers. Post your impressions here.

As a reminder, this is not a topic for questions. Please use the NCAA Football 14 Q&A thread for that.

Game: NCAA Football 14Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 54 - View All
NCAA Football 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 maxmouse2008 @ 07/05/13 11:30 PM
So I am having fun (360) but the main problem I have is that it seems to have trouble maintaining a stable framerate. It jitters before and after the play, and sometimes during.

For those that played Madden 13 on the Vita it kinda reminds me of that

# 162 DJ @ 07/05/13 11:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenGerman
Huh. I've played three games now (all eight minute quarters) and have only scored a total of 19 points. I'm wondering if I'm having a harder time passing because I've been playing on the zoom camera.
Zoom camera makes the game 100% harder, and I love it.

Sorry to butt in ... back to impressions!

# 163 NSUDemon @ 07/05/13 11:31 PM
I just thought about this as well are any of you guys even bothering to play on Heisman or is AA the difficulty again this year

# 164 The JareBear @ 07/05/13 11:35 PM
I've only played on Heisman. I'm thinking of trying heavily CPU favored AA sliders tho. I have not encountered Heisman craziness tho

# 165 callmetaternuts @ 07/05/13 11:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushido
I don't over analyze every fine detail of a video game, so with that said, this is hands down the most enjoyable NCAA title that I can remember.

I played w/LSU.

First game was at home against UVA, just because I hate UVA. I won in convincing fashion, 35-10. I just wanted to get a feel for my running game, and pretty much ran the ball 60-65% of the game. UVA did have about 270 yards of total offense, and over 100 yards rushing combined between their RB and QB. That was the first time EVER that the CPU has rushed for 100 yards on me - felt good, AND most importantly, the game flowed well and felt realistic.

Second game was against Alabama in their house. It was how it should be, it was a dog fight for four quarters, and came down to the final possessions. It was 17-17 going into the 4th quarter. I intercepted McCaron and then drove the ball down to score the game winning touchdown with 2 minutes remaining, final was 24-17, and was just an amazing video game experience.

Online gameplay can be a bit choppy at times, but nothing too drastic.
You mentioned something I forgot. The CPU can actually run! I'm on Heisman, with all sliders on default except HUM/CPU Pass accuracy at 5 and INT at 35. They gouged me running the ball, made nice cuts and special moves. Was fun to have to game plan for it and I still couldn't stop it though that's partly because my team sucks.

# 166 BenGerman @ 07/05/13 11:50 PM
Only reason I would consider lowing the difficulty would be to tone down the CPU QBA. I hit about 60-70% of my passes, but the CPU has regularly been around 75-80%. That's with the slider at 0.

# 167 Vinsane @ 07/05/13 11:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSUDemon
I just thought about this as well are any of you guys even bothering to play on Heisman or is AA the difficulty again this year
I started a Dynasty with Texas State using Heisman default. Automatically, the first thing I noticed is that CPU/HUM QB accuracy needs to be turned way down. I see some people already made suggestions in this thread to that as well.

About the game: I lost 58-21. I tossed three horrible interceptions (you can make your accuracy jokes now) early in the game and never overcame it.

I was playing on 8 minute quarters as well and got frustrated with the time the game was taking. By the third I wished it was over. Not because, I was getting my *** handed to me but, just the pace of the game was slow.

I'm on PS3 as well and I'm experiencing some frame rate issues before, during and after plays. It's manageable though, not a game breaker.

# 168 Swamp Swagger @ 07/05/13 11:51 PM
Noticed that the 2 star Qb's(93+) I went up against played well and torched me pretty good. Then I played a weaker one who couldn't seem to make quick decisions and kept getting sacked.

The weaker one was a 85 overall but was a freshmen so I guess his awr effected him

# 169 Vinsane @ 07/05/13 11:58 PM
Something worth mentioning is the scouting aspect of recruiting will allow you find stars. I've found 2-Star recruits that are 75 OVR. You think that with four years of training camps they'll at least reach mid 80's if not more.

# 170 mlhouser @ 07/06/13 12:07 AM
Played 3 games with Army, dynasty mode, default AA, 9 min qtrs.
Option is better this year.
INT's are returnable.
Absolutely looks better than '13.
I like the bullrush from the DE.

I'm seeing many of the same issues that others are seeing.
Day one patch isn't going to fix things that have been broken all this time.

I enjoy '13, played it this week. NCAA 14 isn't $60 better than '13.

In Dynasty, why is "View Promises" still an option on the Team menu? How does something that obvious make it through? And what less obvious bit is waiting to bite you down the road?

# 171 HozAndMoose @ 07/06/13 12:11 AM
Played a few games. Im using South Alabama. I have played Marshall, Georgia St and Idaho. The CPU isnt complete a ton of passes. The QB's are rated low and they play like it. I on the other hand have been completing majority of mine. I just had a game where i completed 15 of 16. The CPU completed 26 of 45.

The rushing isnt as good as on the demo. Again probably do to the crappy players. Im averaging about 4 yards per carry. The one thing i did notice was the DE is always following HB on read options. Not once have i had to hand it off. Not sure if a better DE would adjust but the nes ive faced have not.

In the game vs Georgia St my LE was a beast. CPU controlling him had 4 sacks with 4 man rush. In the first half. He ended up with 6. There was an 8 point difference in rating favoring the LE.

I played one rain game and the jerseys were perfect after 4 Q's at 7 minutes. Idk what type of field USA ha. Does turf not make jerseys dirty?

Recruiting is taking some getting used to. I have signed one guy in 7 weeks. Its not bad just a bit harder at the moment. I like the amount of points you get for pre season scouting. Its the exact same as last year really. I could give the same amount of time to 20 players. I believe every 10 points is the same as 10 minutes.

All together i am liking the game. It does have its issues. I haven't noticed any bugs so far. Non that stood out and made me think it was a bug anyway. Look forward to playing it a bunch the next few months.

Edit: The grass is crap compared to 360. Its annoying. Next gen better not have that problem since its the same architecture.

# 172 Matt10 @ 07/06/13 12:47 AM
DB glitch seems to be fixed. I am ecstatic.

# 173 JLoco11 @ 07/06/13 01:07 AM
I'm really not understanding EA's logic with the coach levels before getting into a dynasty.

Some coaches have understandably high levels (Saban/Bama, Brown/Texas, Beamer/VTech all at level 32).

But Tuberville at Cincy with a 30????
Frank Solich at Ohio with 26???? (granted he was at Nebraska for a few years)

But Paul Pasqualoni at UConn with a 25? Ahead of the likes of Urban Meyer (22) Jimbo Fisher at FSU who was coach-in-waiting after Bobby Bowden (10).

But the truly oddest one is North Texas coach Dan McCarney with a level 21. Hell, Muschamp at Florida is at level 8!!!!

I feel like when I start up a full dynasty (when the rosters come out), I have to reset everybody to level 1. It's absurd that some of these mediocre coaches have ridiculously high ratings, while big name coaches have lower ratings.

# 174 BadAssHskr @ 07/06/13 01:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by schumj
I must be getting older, Or Heisman default is finally tough. Played Nebraska vs ODU, and my d could not stop anything. TMart committed 3 INTs and lost 24-21. Boy I hope my blackshirts are better than I am with them. Love the difficulty. I need lots of practice this year.
Until rosters come out i only play NE vs NE games, hey you can only practice against your own right?

I couldnt get tmagic stopped at all, i did injur him, and their O basically stopped. It was kind of nice to see.

As i said, i only have played in Nebraska, the stadium looks really nice this year.

Anyhow, i cant stop the option, running QB. Hopefully its a learning curve thing.

I play on AA, TOP has been so far better this year.

I need the rosters, im ready for dynasty.

# 175 TK22867 @ 07/06/13 01:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
DB glitch seems to be fixed. I am ecstatic.
Sarcasm? What's the early verdict. The deep ball issue was an absolute deal breaker last year for a lot of us.

ND's helmets fixed on the day games on 360?

# 176 Chedapalooza @ 07/06/13 01:43 AM
Qb says "kill kill kill" wayyyyyyy too much when you audible or slide protect... It's really awkward and annoying to hear over and over and over.

Anybody else noticing after some touchdowns there's no cut or replay screen... It just will follow the player who scored all the way to the sideline and do nothing at all

# 177 BadAssHskr @ 07/06/13 01:46 AM
Seems like sometimes the opponent comes out hot, sometimes cold. Then if the eventually put a drive together you can feel the momentum shift.

# 178 weeeeeeez @ 07/06/13 01:51 AM
Really can't express how much better the Horseshoe looks in this game than any other past NCAA game.

# 179 Matt10 @ 07/06/13 02:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TK22867
Sarcasm? What's the early verdict. The deep ball issue was an absolute deal breaker last year for a lot of us.

ND's helmets fixed on the day games on 360?
Early verdict is the it's gone. I've been testing all night. Also - you will definitely need sliders for offline play imho.

# 180 Xx_JP_VHS_xX @ 07/06/13 02:39 AM
So is recruiting just set on one difficulty now? Why would they take that out?

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.