Home
NHL 14 News Post

EA Sports has posted a teaser image from NHL 14 with blue ice. More details will be revealed tomorrow.

With the combination of the blue ice, font used in the image and NHL 14 being the 20th anniversary of NHL 94, one would assume we will hear about how EA Sports will implement NHL 94 into this years game.

UPDATE: They just added a celebration image, similar to those seen in NHL 94.

What are you hoping for?

NHL 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NHL 14Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 6 - View All
NHL 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Money99 @ 07/11/13 09:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwiggy33
That picture of Kane is sweet. Those celebrations are classic. I am in no way shocked this is going into the game though. NHL.com made a huge deal about the anniversary back in February or whenever it was when they interviewed a bunch of players. I'll tell ya what though, if this wasn't the last version of the current gen cycle I'd be pretty pissed they weren't working on other things. At this point in time I know that nothing can really be changed to make this game truly better so it is what it is. If this NHL 94 thing is cool I may actually consider buying the game.
Me too.
If it had Ron Barr, it'd be a 100% purchase!

# 22 jyoung @ 07/11/13 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slick589
I just recently got into hockey and hockey games 3 years ago. What was so special about NHL 94? Is it just a 20 year anniversary thing?
NHL 94 was the first EA hockey game to have one timer shots and to include the full NHL + NHLPA licenses.

Not many games back then were fully licensed, so that was a big deal.

# 23 canucksss @ 07/11/13 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericromain
I believe the PS2 version of NHL06 had a playable version of NHL94.
It was actually pretty disappointing, lots of licensing limitations (no real names, Hartford wasn't included), and it wasn't a very good emulation, someone like myself who still plays a lot of genesis hockey couldn't adjust to the subtle timing/control differences.

Hopefully they do something different from 06 and give some interesting content to an old 94 fan like myself.
I skipped EA's after 2002 and only went back in 2007 (played 2K NHL)....so this is NOT new.....rehashing old gimmicks....TYPICAL EA.....add then remove then add and call it NEW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
Could care less.. how about that time going into BeGM, presentation, AI, etc..

Are people really going to play NHL 94 besides a game or two?
I 101% agree with you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick589
I just recently got into hockey and hockey games 3 years ago. What was so special about NHL 94? Is it just a 20 year anniversary thing?
Because NHL 14 is not much of an improvement from past versions, so EA came up with an "old" idea to entice grown ups who used to enjoy this game.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.