Home
Gran Turismo 6 News Post

Check out the latest Gran Turismo 6 video and screenshots featuring the Goodwood Hill Climb course.

Quote:
Goodwood’s renowned 1.86km Hill Climb, centre piece of the British stately home’s annual Festival of Speed, has been announced as a new track to feature on the forthcoming Gran Turismo®6 for PlayStation®3. Polyphony Digital Inc., creators of PlayStation®’s best-selling Gran Turismo® franchise, recently announced a deal to partner the Goodwood Festival of Speed (11-14 July). A new GT6™ demo will now give some of the expected 185,000-plus spectators their chance to challenge Nick Heidfeld’s 1999 41.6s course record set in a Formula 1 car. The demo will include a range of stunningly recreated cars to race up the virtual version of "the Hill".

GTPlanet has also posted a couple of gameplay videos from the course.

Source - Goodwood Hill Climb to Feature in Gran Turismo 6 (Gran-Turismo)

Gran Turismo 6 screenshot gallery - Click to view Gran Turismo 6 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Gran Turismo 6Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 5 - View All
Gran Turismo 6 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Yrogergj24 @ 07/12/13 01:14 PM

# 2 4X49ER @ 07/12/13 07:26 PM
Kinda disappointed by the lack of GT love I'm seeing on OS. I for one am excited for it.

# 3 inkcil @ 07/12/13 08:45 PM
How do you get past how sterile it is? Any pointers would be helpful b/c I've wanted to love GT since the PS2 days but the most fun I ever had was with GT5 Prologue. The 12-playlist soundtrack (with Weezer) gave it sooo much emotion and going online for the first time was sweet. But after that...games like Grid and Dirt were so much more exciting by the time Gt5 dropped. But now even those games have become somewhat "stale" in the context of their own formulas. Then look at the racing forums here in general - completely uninspired. Just my 2 cents.

# 4 Blzer @ 07/12/13 09:00 PM
The GT6 demo had a better soundtrack and was a little more engaging than anything GT5 had.

# 5 Perfect Zero @ 07/13/13 10:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamehead
+1. This series has been living of the reputation of its PS1 and PS2 glory days. GT was awesome for what it did, and was the first to do it. But since then it's been equaled and surpassed by other titles in a multitude of areas...in simulation alone.
In addition to that, GT feels like a game based on a museum. Everything is pretty, nice, and delicate, but there's no real racing passion. I guess that's why it always promotes itself as a driving simulator. Forza has hit it on the head with the customization and racing feeling. GT just doesn't have that same level of passion.

# 6 bigdoc85 @ 07/13/13 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Zero
In addition to that, GT feels like a game based on a museum. Everything is pretty, nice, and delicate, but there's no real racing passion. I guess that's why it always promotes itself as a driving simulator. Forza has hit it on the head with the customization and racing feeling. GT just doesn't have that same level of passion.
You're right -- the game just doesn't have a good "feel" to it. I put GT5 in (which I got for $10 on black friday last year) and I always end up turning it off after about 5 minutes and then put in something like NASCAR Inside Line or Dirt 3 which I always end up playing a lot longer. I probably like Forza 3 better than GT5. Heck, I have even put more time into Shift 2. I can't believe GT6 will be that "revolutionary" on current gen consoles. It's unfortunate that GRID 2 didn't live up to expectations. The original GRID was way ahead of its time but needed the better handling that games such as Dirt 3 offered.

# 7 TreyIM2 @ 07/13/13 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4X49ER
Kinda disappointed by the lack of GT love I'm seeing on OS. I for one am excited for it.
The games look great but I think the issue is that it's TOO gearheadish for the average person. I had the first 3 GTs but never got that deep in any of them so I just ended my fascination of the beauty of them by not wasting anymore money.

That said, I am interested in how this one pan out with the new engine. I have yet to try the demo since my PS3 Fat has been broken since October. Time to get it fixed and get caught up on all the great games that have come out in the meantime.

# 8 JMD @ 07/13/13 08:39 PM
That first video looked amazing. The music was horrible but I don't buy games to listen to music so that's not an issue as long as I can turn it off. The second video was a waste of time, poorly shot and the dude couldn't drive. This is a day one purchase for me.

# 9 Duece @ 08/06/13 02:13 PM
I think everybody in this thread hit the nail on the head in terms of how I feel about Gran Turismo. I've owned Gran Turismo, GT3 and finally GT5. GT5 is the only Gran Turismo game I'm actually making real progress in, after owning it for a month I'm at level 25. Previously, I just drove and raced around GT1 and 3 rather aimlessly and never really made any progress.

GT, as somebody said, does have a very sterile feel to it and I think I did myself a disservice by buying GT5 after playing 88% of the way thru Midnight Club: LA and beating Grid 1. Grid and MCLA both have great atmospheres. MCLA has that notorious rubber-banding but what I did like was the fact that you were not going to win every race. In Grid, computer controlled cars actually drove like they wanted to win, hell they would sometimes spin out or crash themselves. They felt alive, the races were tense, I actually miss that feeling. That feeling is not present in GT.

I've played the GT6 demo and I didn't notice anything different. Maybe I need to play it again. As for GT6, I'm not sure about buying that. Right now with the Midnight Club series being dead, I'm very much interesting in trying Forza Horizon.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.