Home
NCAA Football 14 News Post

EA Sports just sent us the details for the NCAA Football 14 Uniform Pack DLC, which arrives tomorrow (timing based on 1st party). 21 teams and more than 120 individual uniform pieces are included in the free DLC.

NCAA Football 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NCAA Football 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NCAA Football 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NCAA Football 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NCAA Football 14Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 54 - View All
NCAA Football 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 181 stormisbruin @ 07/24/13 04:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by football200414
Once again, by no means am I an Alabama fan, but they won as many national championships in the past 4 seasons as your team has in their history. There was only one losing season for them in the past 10 years and even that season they were 6-7 & played a bowl game. Not to mention, that was after 3 coaching changes & NCAA sanctions. As far as not having a losing record since the late 70's, ask any logical person what they'd rather have - no losing seasons or more championships. It's all about who's holding up the trophy at the end of the year, no matter the sport.
Well lets see...over the past 10 years, Florida has: 2 titles, 2 SEC titles, 3 SECCG appearances, 2 BCS bowl appearances, 1 BCS bowl win, 1 Heisman winner and two time finalist (possibly the greatest college player of all time)

Alabama has: 3 titles (thanks BCS), 2 SEC titles, 3 SECCG appearances, 1 BCS bowl appearance (in which they got embarrassed), 1 Heisman winner.

So it's not really as outrageous as you're making it out to be. Alabama has 1 more title than Florida, who has 1 more BCS bowl appearance (and win) instead. The difference is basically a modicum of luck.

Quote:
Plus it's only a matter of time before the NCAA digs deeper into the Urban Meyer days at Florida...academic scandals...criminals...murderers
Oh wow...
If only Urban could have used his crystal ball! Then he would've known about Hernandez!

Like Saban runs some clean ship over in Tuscaloosa...

Also, Urban Meyer kicked the 2010 Heisman winner off his team for cheating...

# 182 noplace @ 07/24/13 09:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerofRed25
I'm not understanding Nebraska's update. The DLC content said red base layer with red uniform which is incorrect, yet in the game, it is the correct red with white base layer and white with red base layer. Am I missing something? Was the content listing just mixed up?

Either way, glad it is correct in game. Nice that they updated to the new 2013 Adidas look. Also glad they made white socks and shoes default, I was tired of doing that myself. The textures and everything on the '13 unis are pretty cool. Wish you could select base layer independently though, I prefer the block N base layer rather than the stick N.

I feel like the front numbers on the '13 unis are too small, makes the Winning Tradition patch look huge. Not sure the snug fit of the new Adidas gear translates well to the game, just makes the front look out of proportion.

For those complaining about the stripes, I actually prefer them this way. It isn't exact, but it is better than the stripes being so high on the shoulder like they were on the default uniforms. You can still see the lower stripe in most cases in game, even with tight sleeves. The new way conveys the snug fit of the unis better than the old one.

Can't wait until the next update for Nebraska when they do our black unis for the UCLA game.
Like the unis too but the stripes do bug me because that's the way their gonna look when worn..High on the shoulders... Anyway not a real big deal but wish they would have done the same as the default unis..Now fix the damn face mask EA...

# 183 paultriss @ 07/24/13 05:01 PM
how do i download these new uniforms ,i have a region free copy to play in the uk

# 184 BA2929 @ 07/24/13 05:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerofRed25
I'm not understanding Nebraska's update. The DLC content said red base layer with red uniform which is incorrect, yet in the game, it is the correct red with white base layer and white with red base layer. Am I missing something? Was the content listing just mixed up?
So you're upset/confused that they got it wrong in the write up but right in the game? I wouldn't lose too much sleep about it. If it's right in the game, that's all that should matter.

# 185 kylegrosso @ 07/24/13 05:31 PM
Still getting the download aborted for the uniform pack on Xbox. I hope they fix it soon

# 186 indaclub @ 07/24/13 05:48 PM
For the people without xbox live, is it possible for someone to upload the file for the uniform pack (the same way they do for rosters or is at least willing to try)? Thanks

# 187 Neverwhere @ 07/24/13 06:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kylegrosso
Still getting the download aborted for the uniform pack on Xbox. I hope they fix it soon
If you're still seeing the issue I would suggest the following:

Go to your Xbox Dashboard and navigate to your system storage.
Find "NCAA Football 14" and delete the "Uniform Pack 1 (free)" DLC that shows up there.
Restart your Xbox (don't immediately go into the game!)
Launch NCAA 14

If you are able to download it but the download says it doesn't complete despite the bar filling up to 100%, check at the same location where you deleted the DLC from and verify that it doesn't say anything about "Corrupted". If it doesn't then you should be able to use it in-game despite the UI saying the download failed (this happened to me last night).

# 188 JoshJJB @ 07/24/13 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by paultriss
how do i download these new uniforms ,i have a region free copy to play in the uk
You'll need to create an American PSN or Xbox Live account and log in to that to download them.

# 189 kylegrosso @ 07/24/13 06:20 PM
Mine doesn't say corrupted. How do I know which jerseys are new? And what team should I check to see if they are downloaded

# 190 PowerofRed25 @ 07/24/13 07:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
So you're upset/confused that they got it wrong in the write up but right in the game? I wouldn't lose too much sleep about it. If it's right in the game, that's all that should matter.
Uh, not sure how you got upset out of that post. The confusion is more along the lines of why the base layer was changed at all. I haven't seen any indication that Nebraska changed their base layer to be the stick N rather than the block N that was on the default.

But hey, I'm more than happy the '13 unis were added at all considering I didn't expect it.

# 191 tacosaban @ 07/25/13 03:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormisbruin
Well lets see...over the past 10 years, Florida has: 2 titles, 2 SEC titles, 3 SECCG appearances, 2 BCS bowl appearances, 1 BCS bowl win, 1 Heisman winner and two time finalist (possibly the greatest college player of all time)

Alabama has: 3 titles (thanks BCS), 2 SEC titles, 3 SECCG appearances, 1 BCS bowl appearance (in which they got embarrassed), 1 Heisman winner.

So it's not really as outrageous as you're making it out to be. Alabama has 1 more title than Florida, who has 1 more BCS bowl appearance (and win) instead. The difference is basically a modicum of luck.
Let me know how you feel about it after this season and especially in 5. Will it still be luck?

# 192 d11king @ 07/25/13 03:57 AM
I thought this thread was about jerseys

# 193 bosay831 @ 07/25/13 07:29 AM
UGH. This is so pissing me off. I have downloaded this update from in game a number of times and am still getting the same error message. I have deleted the file from my game saves as some have suggested and re-downloaded the file but continue to get the same error. I am on the XBox 360. EA and their typical BS...man I tell ya.

# 194 loccdogg26 @ 07/25/13 08:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bosay831
UGH. This is so pissing me off. I have downloaded this update from in game a number of times and am still getting the same error message. I have deleted the file from my game saves as some have suggested and re-downloaded the file but continue to get the same error. I am on the XBox 360. EA and their typical BS...man I tell ya.
Try going on xbox.com sign in download it from there and then transfer it over to the 360. Thats what I did.

# 195 thelasthurtknee @ 07/25/13 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bosay831
when i downloaded the dlc and it hit 100% it said error. but i went and looked and the uniforms were there. are you hitting 100% before the error? and did you look to see if they downloaded? i did this the first night while everyone was complaining about error. i got the error but uniforms also so just though if you didnt look they could be there even with error for you.

# 196 bosay831 @ 07/25/13 02:15 PM
I will check when I get Home. I am at the office now.

# 197 jeremym480 @ 07/25/13 02:51 PM
I haven't DL'ed the Uniform Update because frankly none of the teams that I'm using in my OD's got anything new, therefore I don't really need it.

My question is should I DL it anyway? Because what if the Human opponent I'm playing has the uniforms and I do not? Will that cause an issue?

# 198 dubbduces @ 07/25/13 03:20 PM
Can someone link me to where on xbox.com I can download these? I cannot download them in game at all. Thanks in advance.

# 199 BonesKnows85 @ 07/25/13 04:41 PM
Quote:
Plus it's only a matter of time before the NCAA digs deeper into the Urban Meyer days at Florida...academic scandals...criminals...murderers
LOL, Kentucky fan mad because they haven't beat Florida in his lifetime. And never will. One sociopath happened to play college football at Florida, and all the Gator haters interpret that as scandals involving the football team.

If you think the NCAA will ever come down on Florida, then you MUST think that same thing about Saban and Alabama.

# 200 BonesKnows85 @ 07/25/13 04:44 PM
Quote:
Do you really want to compare the academic & criminal records of football players at Florida vs pretty much any other team in college football??? And the University of Florida came down on Cam Newton, not Urban Meyer. Crystal ball??? Have you not heard the stuff that has came out about that kid's past both before and while at Florida??? Ray Charles could have seen that coming!!!
And btw, Florida is much more prestigious academically than Kentucky. And anyone else in the SEC not named Vanderbilt.

If we are talking about football players only, then any SEC fanbase trying to call out another team's players is the biggest case of "the pot calling the kettle black" that I have ever seen.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.