Home
NCAA Football 14 News Post

EA Sports just sent us the details for the NCAA Football 14 Uniform Pack DLC, which arrives tomorrow (timing based on 1st party). 21 teams and more than 120 individual uniform pieces are included in the free DLC.

NCAA Football 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NCAA Football 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NCAA Football 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NCAA Football 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NCAA Football 14Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 54 - View All
NCAA Football 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 TheUFGuy @ 07/23/13 12:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by prototype12
Again, the document to get this moving could be sitting on Foleys desk and collecting dust cuz even a font change would require his signature. Realistically a game is on the bottom of his totem pole. Not saying that's the case but you have to assume there's more to it then EA just wanting to do Georgia first lol
Oh I agree completely! It's just slightly annoying lol. Just me and my conspiracies. :P

# 122 Bolt957 @ 07/23/13 12:54 AM
Great news. Anybody know what time they release tomorrow?

# 123 cbow52 @ 07/23/13 01:02 AM
so they seemed to add some smaller schools that changed unis last year, but still not UTSA. Guess i'll be waiting for a while to start the mode i bought the game to play, or just return the game all together because it's too much of a thing to add in a teams uniforms after 2 seasons.

# 124 BonesKnows85 @ 07/23/13 01:32 AM
Quote:
Also you know UF won't sign off on those two pro combat helmets right? They don't want them in the game. Why the jerseys are on I have no clue.

Our font will be fixed. Trust me!
Yes. I know exactly why the pro combat helmets aren't in the game. My point is why is EA just wasting space and putting the 2 uniforms in the game. Without the helmets, they are pointless.

I highly doubt that the uniforms didn't make release because they weren't signed off on by the school. I'd bet that is not the issue as they have been out for a long time. Since around the Sugar Bowl.

I would trust you, but I can't. You do not work for EA. I will believe that it gets added when I see that it gets added or when someone from EA confirms that it will be added. Not being in the first update has me thinking for now, that it won't make the cut. I trusted EA to correct Florida's accessory color for 3 years. Gator fans were pointing it out left and right. I go look at the EA guys Twitter accounts from time to time. I don't post anything on their walls if I see that someone else already has. I see Gator fans asking Ben questions about UF a lot on there. They never get any responses either.

And with the way the scene is becoming, another fully licensed College Football game may not happen. So I at least hope we get our correct uniforms in this game as there is a chance it might be the last to feature all teams.

# 125 BonesKnows85 @ 07/23/13 01:39 AM
Quote:
Again, the document to get this moving could be sitting on Foleys desk and collecting dust cuz even a font change would require his signature. Realistically a game is on the bottom of his totem pole. Not saying that's the case but you have to assume there's more to it then EA just wanting to do Georgia first lol
You would think the game is a low priority, but it's obviously not since Foley is going the extra mile to keep 2 pro combat helmets OUT of a video game for cryin out loud. I'm guessing that other schools don't sign off on past uniforms as well. Seeing as how Army's camo and Georgia's black jersey have disappeared from the game.

Also, I think Foley just won't sign off on the white helmet. The orange helmet from the 2010 Pro Combats is one that I don't think EA can properly replicate. It's just like the regular helmet with Gator skin. I've seen the articles about the school now allowing the white helmet, never heard anything about the 2010 helmet. I just thought EA couldn't make to where the helmet would be correct visually without other issues.

# 126 BleedGreen710 @ 07/23/13 02:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FightinSnydersKSU
Lol, some of you people really need to calm down. You're not going to play a dynasty because your teams jerseys arent in, yet?

A. These transfer into an already existing dynasty, you dont need to tart over.
Everyone is different, some people don't want to play with their favorite team if they aren't wearing the right uniforms because it could ruin it for them.

Quote:

B. Dynasty is WAY more fun when you play as a random team and not your favorite school.
I got news for you bud, not everyone shares the same opinions as you do. Some people prefer to pick different teams, others prefer to play as their favorite team.

Quote:

C. That Florida guy needs to calm the eff down.
'That Florida guy' seems like one of the most mature and knowledgeable people here. I have enjoyed reading all of his posts on this thread.

I think you need to calm down.

# 127 BonesKnows85 @ 07/23/13 02:41 AM
Quote:
Lol, some of you people really need to calm down. You're not going to play a dynasty because your teams jerseys arent in, yet?

A. These transfer into an already existing dynasty, you dont need to tart over.

B. Dynasty is WAY more fun when you play as a random team and not your favorite school.

C. That Florida guy needs to calm the eff down.
No, I'm not going to start my Florida dynasty without our new uniforms. I can deal with the outdated SEC patch, wrong cleat & accessory color, and outdated field art like I have the past few years, because those aren't killers. But I would at least like to have the base of the uniforms correct and up to date. I wouldn't be saying a word at all if Florida was like Memphis and just released their uniforms a few days ago. But ours have been out a long time. Prob longer than any team that has new unis for 2013.

Reason being, is that I enjoy realism in art. After each game or big play, I stop and take the time to mess around with the camera to get awesome, detailed, never seen before pictures. I try to be creative and save a few awesome photos and videos from each game. The more accurate the look of the players, uniforms, and stadium are, the better the images are.

I also do multiple dynasties and RTG. I usually only use my favorite team in one dynasty.

What I'm going to do now is either start my RTG, continue my beast Ultimate Team, or begin my first ever attempt at fully editing rosters in depth until the first patch comes out and the the Gator's unis make the game. Even then, if I go ahead with RTG, I'm going to be a team that is not affected by the gray facemask glitch.

Up to date uniforms and stadiums are a big deal. EA hammers this home by continuously adding new uniforms and updating field art and stadiums. If it wasn't a big deal, then they wouldn't have added the uniform store. I'm sure it's not EA's fault that every single thing isn't up to date. I know it's asking a lot to get every uniform in the game, especially with teams like Oregon and Indiana adding 10 new helmets a year. But my team, Florida, is very simple and basic. Yet 4 years in a row we have had uniform issues. I don't think it's asking too much to get your team's primary uniform when they are adding uniforms anyway.

# 128 loccdogg26 @ 07/23/13 06:08 AM
As a Michigan fan I'm wondering why the "Under The Lights" uniforms were removed but Notre Dame are still in.

# 129 LeBlonde James @ 07/23/13 06:29 AM
Probably just the new Adidas format but come to find out Tennessee is making a few slight changes to their uniforms this year, hoping it'll be in this download but I have my doubts. UT just released info on the changes yesterday.

Tapatalk 2

# 130 SteelerSpartan @ 07/23/13 06:30 AM
Boy I hope WVU doesn't wear that gold helmet much

# 131 WVUWILD12 @ 07/23/13 07:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerSpartan
Boy I hope WVU doesn't wear that gold helmet much
I sure do. That's my favorite part of the new jerseys. Been wanting a gold helmet forever

# 132 DKHardee @ 07/23/13 08:46 AM
Anyone checked to see if they've been released heat?

# 133 mr_dukes @ 07/23/13 08:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKHardee
Anyone checked to see if they've been released heat?
Not yet well atleast for PS3 Do you have a 360?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

# 134 mr_dukes @ 07/23/13 08:57 AM
The uniform DLC pack seems to be released for Xbox 360 here's the link

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Pr...e-a8a3b79ec2b1

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

# 135 DKHardee @ 07/23/13 09:07 AM
No, I'm on PS3

# 136 BFig @ 07/23/13 09:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonesKnows85
No, I'm not going to start my Florida dynasty without our new uniforms. I can deal with the outdated SEC patch, wrong cleat & accessory color, and outdated field art like I have the past few years, because those aren't killers. But I would at least like to have the base of the uniforms correct and up to date. I wouldn't be saying a word at all if Florida was like Memphis and just released their uniforms a few days ago. But ours have been out a long time. Prob longer than any team that has new unis for 2013.

Reason being, is that I enjoy realism in art. After each game or big play, I stop and take the time to mess around with the camera to get awesome, detailed, never seen before pictures. I try to be creative and save a few awesome photos and videos from each game. The more accurate the look of the players, uniforms, and stadium are, the better the images are.

I also do multiple dynasties and RTG. I usually only use my favorite team in one dynasty.

What I'm going to do now is either start my RTG, continue my beast Ultimate Team, or begin my first ever attempt at fully editing rosters in depth until the first patch comes out and the the Gator's unis make the game. Even then, if I go ahead with RTG, I'm going to be a team that is not affected by the gray facemask glitch.

Up to date uniforms and stadiums are a big deal. EA hammers this home by continuously adding new uniforms and updating field art and stadiums. If it wasn't a big deal, then they wouldn't have added the uniform store. I'm sure it's not EA's fault that every single thing isn't up to date. I know it's asking a lot to get every uniform in the game, especially with teams like Oregon and Indiana adding 10 new helmets a year. But my team, Florida, is very simple and basic. Yet 4 years in a row we have had uniform issues. I don't think it's asking too much to get your team's primary uniform when they are adding uniforms anyway.
You gotta relax man, it's just the font on the jersey's, it's not major. I can guarantee you if Florida got all new uniforms they would be in this update. EA is trying to get all the teams with new uniforms and not something as simple as a number font. It will come eventually but there's only so much they can do at one time.

# 137 The_Rick_14 @ 07/23/13 09:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonesKnows85
If it wasn't a big deal, then they wouldn't have added the uniform store.
IMO the uniform store was only added due to the growing popularity of teams doing late reveals of new uniforms for recruiting hype purposes. Having a way to update the uniforms after release was crucial to keep up.

If that never happens, then I think we'd still be back to whatever ships on disc is it.

# 138 JLoco11 @ 07/23/13 09:33 AM
I'll be honest... uniforms and accessories are nice and all, but it's all decoration.

And with 126 teams, it's impossible to get EVERY piece of equipment in the game. Considering the gameplay itself has issues, which would you rather have: An updated uniform, or a patched game that works properly without horrible glitches?

I'll take a properly working game any day over decoration. Does it truly matter that your shoelace color is incorrect when the opposing QB has ninja level throwing accuracy?

# 139 TripleCrown9 @ 07/23/13 09:34 AM
I can't remember which thread I posted it in, so I'll say it here.

It appears I was incorrect, and they do have the red outline on UConn's helmet.

# 140 KWCanePhin @ 07/23/13 09:35 AM
Where is the entire new set of Indiana?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.