Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

Yahoo has provided a glimpse of the NBA 2K14 soundtrack. Ronnie mentioned the entire list should be on Spotify later today.

Quote:
Some of the songs featured on the game's soundtrack are Drake's "Started From The Bottom," Phil Collins' "In the Air Tonight," Daft Punk's "Get Lucky," featuring Pharrell Williams and Macklemore & Ryan Lewis' "Can't Hold Us," with Ray Dalton. Other music acts featured are Jay-Z, Coldplay, Robin Thicke, The Black Keys, Eminem, Fly Union, Gorillaz, Imagine Dragons, Jada Kiss, John Legend, Kanye West, Rick Ross, Kendrick Lamar, Nas and Puff Daddy.

UPDATE: Press Release and Spotify link added below.

2K Sports today revealed the complete track list for NBA® 2K14, the next installment of the top-selling and top-rated NBA video game simulation franchise*. Personally selected by the game’s cover athlete and two-time NBA Champion, LeBron James, the soundtrack boasts an eclectic mix of hip-hop, rock, and classic pop that is sure to get players ready for tip-off. Fans who want to listen to the soundtrack in advance of the game’s release on October 1st can stream the complete list on the NBA 2K14 Spotify page.

"2K is letting me take control of some important elements in NBA 2K14, including this year's soundtrack," said James, who successfully defended the Miami Heat's world championship in the NBA Finals, while winning his second straight NBA Finals MVP award. "I love that I'm the first NBA 2K cover athlete to choose the soundtrack."

Track list:
  • Big Krit, Cool 2 be Southern
  • Cris Cab, Paradise (On Earth)
  • Coldplay, Lost!
  • Daft Punk (feat. Pharrell Williams), Get Lucky
  • Drake, Started From The Bottom
  • Eminem, Not Afraid
  • Fly Union, Long Run
  • Gorillaz, Clint Eastwood
  • Imagine Dragons, Radioactive
  • Jada Kiss (feat. Ayanna Irish), Can't Stop Me
  • Jay Z, The Ruler's Back
  • John Legend (feat. Rick Ross), Who Do We Think We Are
  • Kanye West, All Of The Lights
  • Kendrick Lamar, Now Or Never
  • Macklemore & Ryan Lewis (feat. Ray Dalton), Can't Hold Us
  • Nas (feat. Puff Daddy), Hate Me Now
  • Phil Collins, In The Air Tonight
  • Robin Thicke (feat. Pharrell), Blurred Lines
  • The Black Keys, Elevator
  • The Black Keys, Howlin For You
Click here for the Spotify link.

The soundtrack will be available on both PlayStation®3 and PlayStation®4 systems; the Xbox 360® games and entertainment system from Microsoft; Xbox One®, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft; and PC.

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Iasounis @ 07/26/13 01:07 PM
Alan Parsons Project - Sirus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hq8VPYPzKHk

# 22 raiderphantom @ 07/26/13 01:12 PM
Quote:

Some of the songs featured on the game's soundtrack are Drake's "Started From The Bottom," Phil Collins' "In the Air Tonight," Daft Punk's "Get Lucky," featuring Pharrell Williams and Macklemore & Ryan Lewis' "Can't Hold Us," with Ray Dalton. Other music acts featured are Jay-Z, Coldplay, Robin Thicke, The Black Keys, Eminem, Fly Union, Gorillaz, Imagine Dragons, JadaKiss, John Legend, Kanye West, Rick Ross, Kendrick Lamar, Nas and Puff Daddy.

I'll take it, especially if Nas and Jadakiss aren't just featured artists on someone's else's track.

# 23 ultima86 @ 07/26/13 01:40 PM
i see Nas, Kendrick Lamar, and the Gorillaz(better be Feel's Good Inc.) so im happy...Lebron's>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Jay-Z's

*FEEL'S GOOD*

# 24 Optik @ 07/26/13 01:54 PM
People blaming LeBron for the uninspiring soundtrack should realise he did get suggestions from the community and a lot of the names on this soundtrack were what people were posting in the soundtrack suggestion thread. No doubt, Live will have a more diverse and more obscure soundtrack.

I'll probably mute all but five songs on this list. I ain't listening to that damn "Get Lucky" track again, it's now become one of the weakest songs of RAM. I don't know if anyone told LeBron or 2K what the lyrics of the song mean, the ratings commission is going to basically censor most of the hook. There were so many other songs from RAM that are more appropriate for a soundtrack (we don't need lyrics in all the songs!), especially Motherboard and Contact.

# 25 ksuttonjr76 @ 07/26/13 01:55 PM
Personally, I rather hear underground music, unreleased tracks, or unknown artists like they used to in the past.

# 26 KyotoCarl @ 07/26/13 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman 18
Oh great! Why did they have to put songs in I heard like a million times on the radio before? I'll get sick of them right away. I think i'm gonna mute this soundtrack right away. I hope this list is fake. I'd rather hear a Susan Boyle song on the soundtrack than '' get lucky '' lol. We need 2k to choose the soundtracks again. They chose GREAT soundtracks for 2k10 and 2k11. The last 2 year's soundtracks are on a decline cuz of Jay-Z and LeBron

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
Depends on who's playing the game. I hadn't heard 70% of the songs from the two last games cause they aren't genres I tend to listen to, so they were fresh for me.

# 27 NINJAK2 @ 07/26/13 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeC
The Black Keys should be interesting.

I can guess with 90% certainty which song of the Imagine Dragons it is....

Jay Z's track is probably Tom Ford. I wish it was Heaven though, so holding out hope.

I haven't heard Jadakiss in a minute so this should be interesting. Haven't heard Gorillaz in a while either, but if the song doesn't have Delton as the guest spot I'm going to be highly dissapointed.

If Robin Thicke's song isn't "Lost without you" I'm going to be steaming mad.

So many Kendrick songs to choose from. I'm hoping it's Money Trees, though I put odds on the Trick don't kill my vibe remix with Jay Z.

Have no idea which songs Nas or Puff Daddy might have. If the song with John Legend doesn't have 3 Stacks as the featured artist I'm going to be equally disappointed.

I'm probably going to end up deselecting Coldplay (don't care for their music) and Rick Ross (depending on the song).

Oh, and of all the Drake songs he could have chosen he picked "Started from the Bottom"....

Dammit Lebron, why not at least have considered 5 AM in Toronto?
"Hate Me Now" would be the perfect song with Lebron on the cover..lol

# 28 Phreezy P @ 07/26/13 02:26 PM
In the Air Tonight was my favourite song when I was a little kid! I'm glad Lebron chose a bit of diversity and mainstream.

# 29 cdub71323 @ 07/26/13 02:30 PM
Also, I know LeBron is the "curator" of the 2K14 soundtrack, but do you really think HE picked ALL of these songs? There's a reason why a majority of them are mainstream, non-rap songs and it's not because LeBron wanted them in there. A lot of these athletes wouldn't listen to Daft Punk, Gorillaz, Imagine Dragons, etc. They probably have their own underground rappers they listen to, but it helps 2K more to have bigger name artists in the game outside of the rap game purists that frequent this board

# 30 Steve_OS @ 07/26/13 02:40 PM

# 31 Phreezy P @ 07/26/13 02:46 PM
I'm in Canada so we can't use spotify.

Maybe someone could Youtube-link all the songs in the game?

# 32 Gman 18 @ 07/26/13 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EaglesFan1825
Started from the bottom will be the first thing turned off.
I'll definitely turn off that and "get lucky". I can't stand those 2 songs

# 33 JazzMan @ 07/26/13 02:49 PM
Looks alright so far, I'm sure the Black Keys will be great, as will Eminem, Phil Collins, Daft Punk, and Kanye, but Drake is going to be the first one to get turned off.

Hate that man.

# 34 Gman 18 @ 07/26/13 02:52 PM
Can someone tell me the list of songs on the soundtrack because i cant view spotify. Thanx

# 35 Phreezy P @ 07/26/13 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman 18
Can someone tell me the list of songs on the soundtrack because i cant view spotify. Thanx

I'll do the youtube list

Not so sure about this one v... (as in if it is the right one)

Fast forward a bit

Not so sure about this one either

# 36 Gman 18 @ 07/26/13 02:55 PM
Quote:
Ick, it was Blurred Lines...

YES! CLINT EASTWOOD by the Gorillaz. Finally some Deltron back in 2K again.

Not afraid by Eminem. Meh

All of the Lights by Kanye...Sigh.

Hate me now by Puff and Nas. LOL. Good call whoever suggested that.
How in the world does blurred lines get into an NBA video game? That's gotta be the corniest song ever in an nba 2k game. I'm not saying the song is bad but it doesn't fit an NBA video game at all. I'd rather here some gospel music on the soundtrack than blurred lines

# 37 cavsfan2 @ 07/26/13 02:58 PM
Get lucky is one of the most annoying songs ever made, and started from the bottom is up there as well. Both will be turned off immediately.

Rest of the list looks good though, can't complain.

# 38 MarvinOida @ 07/26/13 02:59 PM
Attachment 63863
Attachment 63864

Here's the full list of the soundtrack. 20 songs? Ehh... Coulda been more but hey, it's just the OST.

# 39 Gman 18 @ 07/26/13 02:59 PM
Quote:
Ick, it was Blurred Lines...

YES! CLINT EASTWOOD by the Gorillaz. Finally some Deltron back in 2K again.

Not afraid by Eminem. Meh

All of the Lights by Kanye...Sigh.

Hate me now by Puff and Nas. LOL. Good call whoever suggested that.
Hate me now is the perfect song for what people think about LeBron lol

# 40 Gman 18 @ 07/26/13 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvinOida
Attachment 63863
Attachment 63864

Here's the full list of the soundtrack. 20 songs? Ehh... Coulda been more but hey, it's just the OST.
It ain't bad but it ain't that good. At least it's better than 2k13's soundtrack

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.