Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 cuttingteeth @ 07/29/13 01:34 PM
I hope that's not the regular Madden Cam in the first video because it is way too far zoomed out. It could stand to be in a good 8 yards and still capture sideline to sideline. I'm not trying to whine, but they always mention feeling like you are in the action...but zooming me way out takes me away from the action.

# 22 DeuceDouglas @ 07/29/13 01:46 PM
Really wish they wouldn't have Nantz making color commentary statements while the play was still going on. In the first video when Schaub hits Daniels down the middle and Nantz refers to Daniels clean/soft hands on the bullet pass, it completely disregards everything else that happened during the play.

I'd rather hear something like "Schaub fires down the middle, and he's got Daniels deep in enemy territory before he's finally dragged down just outside the 20." It's the last game this gen so it really doesn't matter, it's just a simple mistake that takes away from the presentation and immersion factor.

# 23 reece420 @ 07/29/13 01:46 PM
Looks like madden 13 with updated rosters

# 24 TOmuch81 @ 07/29/13 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Koo1
Couple things I noticed:
I think JJ Watt had tattoos on his arm during the warmup scenes before the texans game. Also it drives me nuts seeing the coaches on the sidelines in the middle of the game without a headset or clipboard or anything. Other than that the gameplay looks like NCAA which isn't a bad thing and graphically it looks the same as last year.
I don't see any tattoos. I do, however, see a poorly located LT shoulder pad/jersey on Watt.

# 25 SageInfinite @ 07/29/13 02:08 PM
Very boring and generic gameplay. Looks like an improvement over Madden 13, but I hope next gen breathes some life, personality, and soul into this series.

# 26 carvis#15 @ 07/29/13 02:55 PM
I'm gonna be as polite as possible. This game looks bad, like it will get boring very fast as all the previous maddens did imo. It seems that the only thing that will keep people into this game is CCM. While game modes are good, it is not a very good thing for a games game modes to outshine its game play. Although there is no surprise to me, the players move pretty strangely. Nothing is good about player movement other than hard cuts. It's pretty obvious that although it is a work in progress, the game will not be much different than what we saw since they are in the late building process of the game.
On a positive side, we still have next gen...

# 27 jmurphy31 @ 07/29/13 03:14 PM
Another thing I noticed is that it looks like Madden doesnt have the option like NCAA to change difficulties for both offense and defense.

# 28 Earl1963 @ 07/29/13 03:15 PM
Seems really boring, the atmosphere and commentary is kinda dry, IMO. I don't care because NCAA 14 is my game for this season.

# 29 mooch49 @ 07/29/13 03:18 PM
I don't get all the negativity. What do people want? It's a videogame first of all. I get there are things lacking that next gen will be able to implement. But I'm sure M25 for current gen is still a good to very good product. It's authentic and its the only NFL game town. Enjoy it for petes sake instead of nitpicking at every little thing. And If everyone expects madden to equal the Show, dont go there. As great and authentic as that game is, it also gets very boring. So please lets just enjoy the game for what it is, a videogame.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

# 30 mva5580 @ 07/29/13 03:35 PM
I just don't understand why people act surprised at this point.

Look....this is how it works. After year 4 of console sports games, that's pretty much all you're getting for that generation. Sure little things here and there are changed but by that point they've gotten all they're going to get out of the console or more importantly all they're WILLING to get out of it. The developers only have so much time to work on a game that's released once every 365 days and year to year, release to release, there's just not a whole lot under the hood that's worked on.

It's not like this is going to be any different for the new consoles, so you may as well either get used to it or just stop buying these games after the 4th year or so of a console life cycle. The first couple Madden's/NCAA's/whatever on the next gen consoles will have that initial "Wow" factor of looking better and a few other things here and there but after a few years, that's all it's ever going to be.

When you have a machine that lasts fo 8 years and never gets upgraded.....you have a machine that lasts for 8 years and never gets upgraded. I would think people would be used to this by now.

# 31 superxero27 @ 07/29/13 03:39 PM
Why are the colors so washed out? And sorry, the "it's a dome/it's a night game" stuff doesn't fly, Madden and NCAA have had few problems with this in years past.

The Vikings purple looks way too pastel-y; the darker undershirt purple is closer to what the real color should be.

# 32 DaveDQ @ 07/29/13 03:56 PM
It looks like the perfect bookend to a very stale and lifeless generation of Madden football. Somebody needs to light a fire under these folks or Madden football is going to remain a very dull videogame experience.

I don't care what console its being played on, this title needs a swift kick in the pants.

# 33 cthurt @ 07/29/13 04:02 PM
The sad part about it is as much as i dislike how this current gen madden looks i would still buy it first day just to get my football fix for the year. if I didnt have next gen Madden to look forward too

# 34 StayPlation82 @ 07/29/13 04:30 PM
I saw they have an option for a QB with 88 spd. glad they added this, not sure what his passer ratings are but this may save me from creating a player pre-CCF.

# 35 gr18 @ 07/29/13 04:33 PM
It sounds like many are jumping into next Gen head first with confidence that EA will producea far better product.Good luck with that.It's good to be optimistic but I don't think people that are very dissatisfied with current Gen will find a completely new and different fundamentally sound football game.

# 36 jmurphy31 @ 07/29/13 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooch49
I don't get all the negativity. What do people want? It's a videogame first of all. I get there are things lacking that next gen will be able to implement. But I'm sure M25 for current gen is still a good to very good product. It's authentic and its the only NFL game town. Enjoy it for petes sake instead of nitpicking at every little thing. And If everyone expects madden to equal the Show, dont go there. As great and authentic as that game is, it also gets very boring. So please lets just enjoy the game for what it is, a videogame.

I enjoy madden (still playing 13) and I completely understand its a just a video game and in no way will it ever be perfect. But if I am able to point something out or bring up a good idea and it improves the game, why wouldn't I post here.

# 37 Steve_OS @ 07/29/13 04:56 PM
Just added Madden NFL 25 "Creating a Connected Franchise" Owners Mode to the OP.

# 38 carvis#15 @ 07/29/13 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooch49

The problem is that the things picked up are no small things. It is easily seen with the naked eye IMO. Things like how players move, how weird things play out and even how weird some animations are r no small things. As a former football player I can easily see that. We're not insulting these guys character (although some may do that) just calling things as we see them. There is no way to sugar coat that a product is not up to par. Although they are improving the game, it always seems to fall "very" short. And I'm not looking for absolute perfection by no means. It's just the basic foundational things that can turn this franchise around. That obviously never happened on this current gen, IMO, but I have some hope for EA when it comes to next gen.

# 39 carvis#15 @ 07/29/13 05:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr18
It sounds like many are jumping into next Gen head first with confidence that EA will producea far better product.Good luck with that.It's good to be optimistic but I don't think people that are very dissatisfied with current Gen will find a completely new and different fundamentally sound football game.
The thing is is that not everyone has a big problem with having their hopes crushed because of a video game. All of our hopes are not necessarily bound up in a video game software. This is just a little hobby.

# 40 mooch49 @ 07/29/13 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carvis#15
The problem is that the things picked up are no small things. It is easily seen with the naked eye IMO. Things like how players move, how weird things play out and even how weird some animations are r no small things. As a former football player I can easily see that. We're not insulting these guys character (although some may do that) just calling things as we see them. There is no way to sugar coat that a product is not up to par. Although they are improving the game, it always seems to fall "very" short. And I'm not looking for absolute perfection by no means. It's just the basic foundational things that can turn this franchise around. That obviously never happened on this current gen, IMO, but I have some hope for EA when it comes to next gen.
I guess I haven't accepted the fact that it is no longer 1993 and expectations are much higher in 2013......I agree there are things in the current gen Maddens that aren't realistic and that EA has ignored many of the issues pointed out on forums such as these. But at the same time I am an NFL fan and realize it's the only videogame representation of it I have to play. So as frustrating as all these Maddens have been in certain areas, I'm still going to shell out $60 for the only NFL game in town and enjoy it the best I can.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.