Madden NFL 25 News Post

Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 TreyIM2 @ 07/30/13 06:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDIrish98
I wish EA would make these football games from scratch, sick of the same cutscenes, animations, etc... they can't even get something small such as the text on the back of a jersey correct. I want a new gameplay experience... I just have a hard time getting into EA's football outings when year after year is just rehashed with a different UI, a couple "NEW' features and minor gameplay tweaks... It's time to move on to something that is actually "NEW"... sorry for the rant, but, I've been a fan of EA sports games since the early 90's, but now, let someone else develop an NFL game...
I feel u on the rebuild approach. I really try to be understanding of the Madden 'processes' and while some things make sense and others do not, I really want a game that is refreshing from top to bottom at least when it comes to gameplay, presentation and atmosphere. I want a completely different feel to the game next gen. I thought 13 initially felt a lil different with the IE but there were still some canned animations that have been there for years.
25 on current gen will be marginally better and I expect at least 1 extra notch better with the next gen version of the same game but I'm hoping for a half mindblowing game come next year on next gen if not completely mindblowing.

# 62 Gronk4M13 @ 07/30/13 07:25 AM

# 63 CoRRuPTMiND93 @ 07/30/13 08:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr18
That's cool.You're going in with the right frame of mind IMO.I think next Gen will be at least somewhat better from the start but I wouldn't spend the price for a system just for Madden and expect it to be night and day compared to current Gen,which it seems some will do.

To be honest it seems many people here look at this as a big part of their life,too big unfortunately,where they'd lose four months of their lives to fast forward to next Gen release day.
If people are buying a new console JUST for madden, they need some serious help lol.
Do I believe madden 25 will be better on next-gen? Of course, but as you said, it WILL NOT be night and day.
PEOPLE PLEASE DON'T WASTE $500 FOR MADDEN. (that even sounds foolish)
If You're getting a new console look into games like Watch Dogs, TitanFall, and if you're just a sports junkie NBA 2k14, FIFA. Hell I'm even going to give NBA Live 14 a shot.

# 64 CoRRuPTMiND93 @ 07/30/13 08:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atc43
Ive been lurking for these past few months not really posting. Just been watching for the new updates here and there, and honestly after what ive seen so far of next gen and m25, coupled with what weve experienced these past 8 or so years, I cant come to a better explanation than this. I mean really. A whole console gen and we still had some of the most ridiculous gameplay ive ever seen in a sports game.

I really hope Next Gen will make me eat crow I really do because i want to love playing Madden and football games in general again. But I highly doubt that will be the case...sigh

Thinking back to Madden2000 I never realized this is the state my favorite video game would be in today :/

Anyway, on topic the game looks like a marginal improvement, like ive said before M25 Next Gen or bust.
Although I agree with most of what you said, I don't think you can say "M25 Next Gen or Bust", and this is why.
I think everyone with a brain knows that there won't be HUGE differences between this gen madden and next gen madden in it's first cycle. If I were you, and of course this is just my opinion, you should just wait until Madden 15 or 26 or whatever they decide to call it, see where the game is, and then say to hell with it if it's still not up to par.
"madden 2000-2005" good times, good times

# 65 CoRRuPTMiND93 @ 07/30/13 08:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
They just don't seem to understand in order to capture the game of football. You have to brake it down in sections, and then put it all together. Now I can be wrong and maybe they do understand , but why can't they nail it?

First thing you start with is the battle in the trenches. This is a absolute must in order to begin in replicating the game of football accurately.

Then Your work with the QB postion, Then the Rb position, WR, TE, etc etc. Truly understanding what is involved with the success and failure of each and every position.

Then you start to combine things like WR and DB interactions. What really causes a WR to get open ,or for a DB to play good cover defense. The physical battle that takes place between the two. The hand checking each other as the WR tries to run his route. Why is DB a great cover guy. It is because of his physical ability, or great athletic ability to change direction?

The timing involved when completing the pass, and or trusting that your Wr will get open, because in the NFL there are times its just trust. It's not as simple as seeing the Wr get open. It's placing a ball to a spot and hoping the Wr will get there.

What cause the offensive lineman to be beaten, or get a great block. Why is this LB such a great pass rusher but not a good run stopper.

Man I can go on and on, but in order to get Madden to where it needs to be. They really need to dig very deep at each and every position, and understand the different battles that take place on the football field.
YESSSSS
What's Crazy is the fact that they went nearly an ENTIRE GENERATION without touching on the fundamentals of football. they said in Next-Gen that the OL/DL will be re-written, although it's good that they are doing that, IT SHOULD'VE BEEN DONE IN MADDEN 06!!!!!!!

# 66 therizing02 @ 07/30/13 09:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElit3
Is it me, or did anyone else find these videos unappealing?
Ha. I'll give my impressions on the videos when I wake up because they put me to sleep. *yawn*

# 67 Steve_OS @ 07/30/13 09:12 AM
Just added Madden NFL 25 Skills Trainer Gold- Precision Modifier Moves to the OP.

# 68 swiftychampleone @ 07/30/13 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooch49
I don't get all the negativity. What do people want? It's a videogame first of all. I get there are things lacking that next gen will be able to implement. But I'm sure M25 for current gen is still a good to very good product. It's authentic and its the only NFL game town. Enjoy it for petes sake instead of nitpicking at every little thing. And If everyone expects madden to equal the Show, dont go there. As great and authentic as that game is, it also gets very boring. So please lets just enjoy the game for what it is, a videogame.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Herein lies the problem. Now I get where you coming, It's just a $65 videogame at the end of the day. How many times are gamers are going to cop out with that type of mentalitty? This is happening way too many times this gen and combine that with EA being the only game in town with the NFL license and that spell disaster for Madden this gen. Come on now, we're at Madden 14 and we're picking up where we left off at last-gen with just NOW adding Owner Mode? Sad. Very sad.

More need to challenge EA by not buying the game and lining up at the stores every August for the same ol' crap in gameplay. All because "Madden's the ONLY game in town". Ask me how Madden games I bought this gen: ZERO. Suction blocking still occuring, Lifeless sidelines. Commentary is light years behind. For some reason, Summerall and Madden were more responsive to the action in Madden '02 than Nantz and Simms now. I agree with another poster here. Tear down Madden and rebuild from the ground up on next-gen. It seems to be the only answer.

# 69 Kevin26385 @ 07/30/13 09:38 AM
Madden NFL 25 Gameplay - Philadelphia Eagles vs. Washington Redskins (MyMaddenPad) added to OP.

# 70 DaveDQ @ 07/30/13 09:41 AM
The overall problem is at the core of the game is the NFL license, but it's not the National Football League. It has the NFLPA but it doesn't have the players.

All I see is team colors running around the field. You just don't have the feeling that, "This is the NFL and all its players."

# 71 cthurt @ 07/30/13 09:43 AM
Please no more night games or dome stadium games they all look horrible...

# 72 Kevin26385 @ 07/30/13 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cthurt
Please no more night games or dome stadium games they all look horrible...
The videos where captured last week so they can't adjust on the fly. Hopefully we see some day games uploaded soon.

# 73 DeuceDouglas @ 07/30/13 09:56 AM
Loving that intro for the Eagles-Redskins Game. That was awesome. A little long for my taste but very cool.

# 74 ThatRadioGuy @ 07/30/13 10:07 AM

It's exactly *EXACTLY* last year's game. Absolutely no difference whatsoever. I quit coming to Operation Sports because all the sports games are exactly the same as the previous year. There's nothing to see. But .. in some mass psychosis that will be studied in marketing classes for 300 years .. people buy them anyway!

Everybody says, "Not much different than last year".

AND THEN THEY BUY IT ANYWAY!

Totally mindbending that this marketing works on people.

Shocking.

It's absolutely the same friggin' game. Period.

# 75 Smoke6 @ 07/30/13 10:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatRadioGuy

It's exactly *EXACTLY* last year's game. Absolutely no difference whatsoever. I quit coming to Operation Sports because all the sports games are exactly the same as the previous year. There's nothing to see. But .. in some mass psychosis that will be studied in marketing classes for 300 years .. people buy them anyway!

Everybody says, "Not much different than last year".

AND THEN THEY BUY IT ANYWAY!

Totally mindbending that this marketing works on people.

Shocking.

It's absolutely the same friggin' game. Period.

Its called hope!

We hope it would at least "play better" than the previous version did, as I continue to read these threads, I cant help but keep coming up with issues and solutions for whats wrong with the game.

This should essentially help with the devs that do lurk or post here but like I said before, our voice appears to be mute at times. I mean, I cant beleive qtrs defense works in this game like it used to back in the PS2 days! Dbs finesse moving on Dlinemen and controlled players are making unrealistic maneuvers to get position on the ball or the ball carrier. I mean, its even hard for madden to take its losses that it has to result to such measures to keep up with the way you are out playing its AI!

Everyone should know that this is the only game in town as far as American Football goes with team and player specifics. Whats so hard to understand that people want their fix regardless what it is?

Some may feel like we are complaining, but we are just making sure if its really worth it or what angle we have to take when the game comes out. I like others would like somewhat of an authentic game of madden regardless what mode im into or not. So please kill all that jive about how we are complaining just like we have done with people thinking we want perfection when we dont and know its not even possible!

# 76 WhiteCollarTix @ 07/30/13 10:34 AM
I'm confused, so let me get this straight. RGIII was tackled with 12 seconds left and the Redskins was still able to get the field goal unit on the field and kick a field goal with 3 seconds to spare without even using a timeout? Now that's realistic!

# 77 Gronk4M13 @ 07/30/13 10:44 AM
Digging the intro.

# 78 m1ke_nyc @ 07/30/13 11:10 AM
All we have is next gen to look forward to. And if those vids drop and it doesnt look appealing then its time to blow the whole thing up and once again start from scratch. If we get this gameplay next gen with improved graphics im done with video game football for the foreseeable future.

# 79 jbd345 @ 07/30/13 11:13 AM
That intro to redskins eagles game is putting madden back on my radar. Did anyone capture any Bills @ home gameplay?

# 80 adamshpe @ 07/30/13 02:12 PM
Halftime and Post-game are absolute garbage once again. I honestly do not understand why NFL 2K5 can get presentation spot on but we still can't get even close in Madden. Also, I am tired of seeing canned animations. I've seen multiple tackles that I've seen 8 years ago in Madden. There should be nothing "canned" in a football game. Let's get an actual physics based system. This is not a TRUE physics based engine.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.