Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 secondsolution @ 07/31/13 07:44 AM
I have said it before and I will say it again. I believe that Madden 25 will essentially be a polished version of Madden 13. I assumed this would be the case after the features for Madden 13 were announced.

Now I know people are frustrated by these videos, but I'm actually looking forward to playing it. Either it is going to be a solid football game that I will enjoy or it will be bad and make next Gen look better by comparison.

with next Gen, my belief at this stage is that it will be close to the game most people on here have been hoping for. My reasoning is that the current Gen version seems to have had a lesser commitment bestowed to it. This gives me hope that a rather large amount of Tiburon's resources have been put into making the next Gen version.

I wrote this on my phone, so sorry if there are spelling/grammatical errors in this post.

# 102 aspengc8 @ 07/31/13 07:50 AM
@ 8:35 of the eagles/redskins video, Vick is blitzed and is about to get sacked. But wait, he TRUCKS the linebacker. Wow, just wow.

Also so there is a trainer option for the 'triple option'. Does that mean we get COACHING STRATEGIES from NCAA 13? I mean, we should be able to configure our defense to crash on the QB or RB, and not leave it up to the Magic 8-Ball engine to decide.

# 103 rudyjuly2 @ 07/31/13 08:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantBlue76
Did anyone else notice the ridiculous trucking of Ryan Kerrigan by Michael Vick? Kerrigan is running full tilt at Vick, yet Vick sticks out his arm and it looked like Kerrigan ran head first into a wall and fell flat on his back. What happened to size and weight mattering? Not to mention, Vick is not a power runner. He's thin and agile.

Or, how about the ridiculous catch at 31:23. Does he really hang onto that ball? Not sure how I fell about that.

On top of all of that, the speed of the game is still WAY too fast. It literally looks like someone is fast forwarding a tape. It makes the player movement look ridiculous. Eh, NCAA just seems to play so much more smooth and polished. I just don't understand why player movement and interactions are so hard for Tiburon.

#disappointed
I agree with almost everything here. The Vick truck move was easily the most ridiculous thing I saw in that video. I also agree about the game speed. I prefer Slow and the movement is smoother.

I disagree about that late catch though. I thought that was a cool play. Do I want to see that type of catch every time a ball is forced into an area with two defenders? Absolutely not. But those great type of catches do happen in the NFL. Something to keep an eye on but we have to allow for those type of spectacular plays. David Tyree made a great tough catch in the Superbowl and that hit and spin reminded me of Nat Moore from years ago (although he caught it open first).

The cpu overall seemed smarter. McCoy pulls off a sweet spin and hurdle move on a screen pass. I wish Simms had smarter commentary. When commenting on a read-option play it's as though they called a FB dive. That type of play needs specific commentary. Same for the screen pass. His comments overall are too generic. And Nantz is too obsessed with the slot WR.

# 104 infemous @ 07/31/13 09:37 AM
The Michael Vick spin and truck on a DT and eventual sack in Shopmaster's gameplay video (around 7min mark) just confirms to me that Madden on current gen will remain unplayable.

I mean seriously, he fully decleats a DT who is running at him full speed, with the ball in his hand, directly after spinning around.

The spin itself bodes well for pocket movement and moves, but that sort of BS will infuriate me.

# 105 ThatRadioGuy @ 07/31/13 09:59 AM

Ultimately, the reason you get this kind of game over and over is the fault of places like Operation Sports, IGN, Gamespot, etc. They always put this line in the review: "If you are just jumping in to the series, this is a good place to start." Because when they look at it .. it's not a *BAD* game of football. It's just exactly the same as the last five versions. So .. being that is the case .. they slap an 83 on it and The Golden Metacritic Standard is maintained. As long as the Metacritic score stays somewhere close to all the other versions of Madden .. nothing will change with this game .. or any other sports game.

Until review sites start getting passed the "stardust" of making them feel special by the game companies .. all the cooing and sighing in their ears that make them giggle like ninth grade girls at the prom .. these games will not change. These gaming sites have to stand up for us, the game players, and say "THAT'S ENOUGH OF THIS" and give a Madden version a 48.

When that happens and The Golden Metacritic Standard takes a hit, then Madden will change. So, when you read this year's review and it says, "for those just getting in to the series, there's a lot to like here" .. you know what's going on. The swag is flowing and some big game company is p!ssing in your ear while Operation Sports reports that it is raining.

This *HAS* to change and until it does, none of the sports games will.

Somebody has to take a stand and slap a bad review on a Madden game. But what do you think the chances are that somebody has enough guts to do that and upset the almighty, all powerful ELECTRONIC ARTS empire?

Yeah.

Just not gonna happen.

# 106 rudyjuly2 @ 07/31/13 10:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatRadioGuy

Somebody has to take a stand and slap a bad review on a Madden game. But what do you think the chances are that somebody has enough guts to do that and upset the almighty, all powerful ELECTRONIC ARTS empire?

Yeah.

Just not gonna happen.

Maybe some people don't think the game is bad? It doesn't sell 5 million copies every year because everyone hates it. The game has areas that frustrate me but I will still buy it because I will most likely enjoy it despite some flaws.

# 107 rufusone @ 07/31/13 10:58 AM
I agree with most here, it looks like the same old Madden, It just seems stale and not exciting at all, same gameplay, etc., and honestly I dont have much hope for the next-gen consoles coming since its still EA. I bet allot of us will be really disappointed once Madden 25 and future Madden's drop for the PS4 and XBOX1. I just dont have much faith anymore.

# 108 Steve_OS @ 07/31/13 11:28 AM
Added 2 more videos to the OP.

# 109 NewscasterNews4 @ 07/31/13 11:38 AM
In the 1st vid, why was Cassell starting over Ponder? In terms of gameplay, I feel like the NCAA team works in a different company than the Madden team. Despite all the problems with NCAA, 14 is a major improvement over 13. I think next-gen will be an improvement presentation wise and of course graphically, but I'm worried about gameplay. As the saying is for Madden:"Maybe next year."

# 110 Smoke6 @ 07/31/13 11:46 AM
@1:20 mark in this video still has me disturbed with regards to the lead passing mechanics and how defense reacts to it. Its still the same!

The defense doesnt even account for the HB at until the ball is in his hands! Just goes to show what we'll be facing once again if the defense is still being the same as it was in 13.

I hate being negative about this game but these are deal breakers for the online community and playing offline as well.

# 111 SickDL @ 07/31/13 12:56 PM
So looking at the the owner mode videos. It is posseble to say play as the bill and build a new stadium withou relocating. Thats pretty cool

# 112 G_thasportsgamer @ 07/31/13 04:04 PM
In relation to that superhuman michael vick play, if we edit his break tackle or truck rating to match his strength rating and reduce his acceleration to +4 above his speed rating I don't think we would see that play happen again. Also this correlates to slider settings, so with all players being edited accordingly we should get intended results as far as DT's (DE's,Lb's) crushing smaller QB's (RB's, WR's).

# 113 bucs34236 @ 07/31/13 04:51 PM
Presentation was the only thing in my opinion that got changed. Gameplay looks the same as 13. All the colors are washed out. I'm not disappointed about this. I had a feeling not much was gonna change. No buy for me right now.

# 114 G_thasportsgamer @ 07/31/13 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slick589
Or EA could save everyone a lot of time and program the game that way out of the box
I totally agree; Sometimes I feel like we're all beta-testers and our compensation is correcting more of the same issues as in the previous years' release lol.

# 115 SteelerSpartan @ 07/31/13 05:31 PM
I liked the CBS style intros of last year....as others have noted they should try an use in-game assets moving forward. It'll keep you more immersed in your football world if done right

# 116 infemous @ 07/31/13 08:14 PM
So zig zag running is still an effective strategy in Madden ay?

Defenders just taking the worst angles should be so embarrassing for EA Tiburon, but unfortunately I don't think they care.

# 117 JayD @ 07/31/13 10:47 PM
Anyone see any penalties? I wonder if finally they realize that penalties aren't working properly and fix the darn problem.

# 118 Darth Aegis @ 07/31/13 11:49 PM
Honestly are they playing 13? Big disappointment imo

# 119 sk @ 07/31/13 11:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutler23
Honestly are they playing 13? Big disappointment imo
You cannot judge a game by watching somebody else play, especially when you're trying to look for improvements from game to game.

I actually saw a lot of things that were better in this years game, and this is on the current gen.

The cuts, footwork, coverage, tackling, etc are far improved.

# 120 tjizzle @ 08/01/13 01:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisxsong
You cannot judge a game by watching somebody else play, especially when you're trying to look for improvements from game to game.

I actually saw a lot of things that were better in this years game, and this is on the current gen.

The cuts, footwork, coverage, tackling, etc are far improved.
Unless you have played the game, you just contradicted yourself...

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.