Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

As most of you are aware, 2K Sports has selected their 2K Team-Up participants. Here is a list of all of them.Quite a few of them have accounts here at OS and some of them wrote NBA 2K13 hands-on impression articles for us last year, after the event. Most of them have confirmed to me that they will be doing the same for us this year. So, this is where you come in.

The 2K Team-Up guys have their own list of questions they are going to ask the developers, but what are the fixes and tweaks you would like to see in terms of gameplay for NBA 2K14? Please be as detailed as possible, to be sure your question will be asked.

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 181 Bwnarrow3 @ 08/05/13 10:30 PM
I'm sure this has been pointed out as well, and should be known by the development team, but the timeout screen where the user can choose the inbounder, shooter, and play type is broken, and has been for at least 2 years now I think. This has tons of potential; make it happen 2K.

# 182 I Djm @ 08/05/13 10:32 PM
are you guys seriously buying into this again? tsk tsk

# 183 ForeverVersatile @ 08/05/13 11:25 PM
I hope it lobbies or something about gameplay improvements.

# 184 Joshywise @ 08/06/13 05:46 AM
The only thing that the people at 2K really need to do, is to work on something like an impact engine, so many sports games have them, it would stop so many issues with 2K13. When players run like they are on ice floors and push other players around when they are laying the ball up, it would stop players walking through other players arms and things like that.

ADD A PICK UP BALL BUTTON - If you make X a pick up button that would be a huuuuuge winner. So many times that I've had the ball swatted and it's in front of me and my player is staring at it doing nothing.

The rebounding was probably the biggest problem I guess, but I think that too would be fixed by having an impact engine really, it will be too late into the development cycle for them to implement one now. But if they could find any way to stop animations ruling over simply physics that would be great. Right now it seems like as long as somebody activates 'an animation' of a layup, then that layup could knock two people down onto the floor with the ball, and not get bumped and lay it in like there was no D. Sports games can 't thrive with animations based gameplay for much longer, proper impact engines have to be the future.

# 185 paul143 @ 08/06/13 06:05 AM
- option to choose the color of the socks.
- more signature accessories
- option to edit home/away shoes
- tight jersey for current gen
- can edit nike id shoes even your offline
- improve defense
- court is too short
- no more robotic or zombie motions
- more injury

# 186 cashless @ 08/06/13 08:27 AM
• More urgent intentional fouls. Now you can only foul with the selected player. I liked they way it worked in Live 10, where the nearest defender fouled immediately.

• Ability to chose different custom shoes, gear etc for home and away.

• Previewing alternate jerseys in the game menu can take upwards of 15 seconds. Fix that.

• A "Get that **** outta here"-type of block triggers no reaction whatsoever from either the crowd or the announcers. Make it as if you pulled of a windmill in traffic.

• Blake Griffin runs and dunks like Patrick Ewing in '01. Make him more athletic and exciting.

• Make it easier to block alley oops. I can always see them coming from a hundred miles, but when you go to block them, the defenders all of a sudden have a vertical of like 5 inches.

• Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I find it problematic that alley oop and self-alley oop are the same button configuration.

# 187 wayytoocheezy39 @ 08/06/13 09:38 AM
FIX THE HALL OF FAME to where the CPU isn't shooting 60% from 3 even with good defense.. The higher the difficulty rating, the smarter the CPU should play and NOT the higher the difficulty the higher the percentage of a shot to go in. The CPU should be playing smarter, calling smarter plays, calling smarter timeouts and substitutions, and really trying to outsmart the user; not just making 90% of the shots..

ALSO MAKE AN OPTION IN EDITING THE PLAYER in which there is a HOME ACCESSORIES and AWAY ACCESSORIES so you don't see players wearing black sleeves on their home court or white sleeves on the road.

# 188 skillz773 @ 08/06/13 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul143
- option to choose the color of the socks.
- more signature accessories
- option to edit home/away shoes
- tight jersey for current gen
- can edit nike id shoes even your offline
- improve defense
- court is too short
- no more robotic or zombie motions
- more injury
Yes please Especially signature accessories how long did it take to get Dwight Howard arm sleeves into 2k when live had it for couple years. They drop the ball with rose signature leg sleeves with knee pad.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

# 189 Cleve07103 @ 08/06/13 02:02 PM
Can u ask 2k if its possible to promote and hire assistant coaches or at least create our own coaches. This would add more variety and coaches are a big part of the game. Look at what the Clippers did to get Doc Rivers.

# 190 RealMogreen28 @ 08/07/13 05:00 AM
In the online section before you chose a mode like Ranked,team up or black-top will they add an edit rosters session in there. Because they don't let us use a full 15-man roster in-game, and sometimes I want to put one of the reserves int o play for ranked games. Like my Denver Nuggets is 15 deep I need to be able to swap for ranked games.

Did They finally add a secondary commentator team. That would be the coolest to have the regular 3-man team on some games and another 3 or 2 mean team for others. it'll make the game even more diverse and less repetitive.

# 191 KyotoCarl @ 08/08/13 11:06 PM
In My Career, when you get drafted by a team, of someone already had the number you have chose then you should get a notice that you that number isn't vacant so you have to choose a new number.
I don't like going to a team and having a star player with another number just because I already chose that.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

# 192 HealyMonster @ 08/09/13 01:09 PM
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but presentation needs to be revamped and brought back to TV Style, drop all the music based overlays and all the swirly glitzy jazz. they had an awesome base in 2k12 and went in the complete opposite direction.

# 193 cthurt @ 08/09/13 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiderGH
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but presentation needs to be revamped and brought back to TV Style, drop all the music based overlays and all the swirly glitzy jazz. they had an awesome base in 2k12 and went in the complete opposite direction.
YES!! Please go back to the tv broadcast style, i mean i like rap music as much as the next guy but seeing old rap videos right before i play my games was not a good look. I hope they change this because it was a swing and a miss.

# 194 andrewerdna100 @ 08/11/13 12:10 PM
Association mode needs to be updated. Its been the same for 4 years

# 195 Perry_West @ 08/11/13 03:01 PM
Because i dont want to retype what my phone undid with a random reset ill cut to the main points:
More Freedom & Awareness.
if 2k wants to have the best Sim experience, shouldnt that be determined by the individual players?
Sliders in MyCareer Mode should exist.
Players can fix their own "issues" with Association like control of MyCareer.
It changes how VC and/or SP works but passing, blocking, speed, AI, etc could be adjusted to the users preferences...
If i want 3 min quarters on rookie or 12 mins on HOF with my own sliders and rules let me do that...
Awareness simply means the game knows im on my first 3 peat (or more) with banners to show it, or if i deserve a jersey retirement (please, no wash rinse repeated animations like finals wins), or unretirements (like Jordan)...
I dont have issues with what 2k changes before i get it, i just ask they let us change it how we see fit (similar to Association) after we paid for it...

# 196 Perry_West @ 08/11/13 03:09 PM
one add on to my last comment:
if we break a record or two...hundred, can the game take a moment to realize i scored 101 points, or had ,31 assists, or broke any game, season, career records?
similar to how NBA Inside Drive did or better?
and i dont mean home screen recognition or stat menu checking; the announcers,fans,players take a moment to applaud making history....if pouring gatorade on a coach was logical in development why isnt record breaking acknowledgement cutscenes plausible?

# 197 EarvGotti @ 08/11/13 03:36 PM
PLEASE tell them to take out the "suction" in the Pick and Roll defense. Almost everytime you try to defend the ball handler in a PnR situation, you get sucked into the pick without even moving towards the "pick".

Please tell them this needs to be tightened up and improved.

# 198 KyotoCarl @ 08/12/13 12:21 PM
When you're about to break a career high with a player the announcers should tell us that we're approaching that figure. Also when it's broken they should say that. "Rose with 43 points, a new career high!"

# 199 LD2k @ 08/12/13 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WISports
I know it's been touched upon, but player models really need to be more realistic for each specific player. Most are way to thick and bulky. More players have calves like these (Westbrook) than calves like an NFL LB.

What... i don't even.

*deleted pic forever*

# 200 VDusen04 @ 08/12/13 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyotoCarl
When you're about to break a career high with a player the announcers should tell us that we're approaching that figure. Also when it's broken they should say that. "Rose with 43 points, a new career high!"

I think that's a great idea. I'd personally love a step further, with more focus and mention of all sorts of milestones and records. I think this would add a ton to Associations. If someone drops 50+, I think it should be a pretty huge deal. And if someone breaks a single game record (or career record) there should be a lot of attention drawn to that event (as well as tracking and storing of that record, which has been done in the past). I even wouldn't be adverse to a trophy room like the former NFL and NHL 2K Cribs.

I think NFL 2K used to have another feature where, if a player was closing in on an in-game record (say, for most rushing yards in a single game), an overlay might even pop up saying, "Sanders needs 8 yards to break single game rushing record". I think it'd be incredible to feel the significance of potentially historic moments like that in NBA 2K. Like, instead of mere personal pride in going off with Brandon Jennings, it'd be awesome if I reach 52 points and I'm at the line, only to see an overlay stating, "Jennings is five points short of tying Pistons single game points record (57, Jerry Stackhouse, 2001)."

It's the little things.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.