Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

As most of you are aware, 2K Sports has selected their 2K Team-Up participants. Here is a list of all of them.Quite a few of them have accounts here at OS and some of them wrote NBA 2K13 hands-on impression articles for us last year, after the event. Most of them have confirmed to me that they will be doing the same for us this year. So, this is where you come in.

The 2K Team-Up guys have their own list of questions they are going to ask the developers, but what are the fixes and tweaks you would like to see in terms of gameplay for NBA 2K14? Please be as detailed as possible, to be sure your question will be asked.

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 thedream2k13 @ 08/01/13 02:34 PM
Remove all auto defense mechanics, removed "magnetic " on ball defense, remove auto shot contesting GIVE USER FULL CONTROL OF ON BALL DEFENDER

# 22 I am disappointed @ 08/01/13 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Optik
Go play NBA Jam if you want that nonsense.

This is a simulation.
I beg to differ lmao

# 23 MercBangz @ 08/01/13 02:49 PM
I think they should fix the MyCareer/MyPlayer glitches that has been going on since forever:

- If I'm the leader in votes for the all-star game in my position. I SHOULD BE A STARTER. IT MAKES NO SENSE THAT MOST OF US ARE THE LEADERS BUT WHEN THE ALL-STAR GAME COMES WE'RE THE 12TH MAN ON THE ROSTER!

- They should fix the shoe glitch. I use all these different materials for my signature shoe and then when it is saved and you look at them, THE WHOLE SHOE IS MADE OUT OF RUBBER!

- Now when it's the elimination game for you to win the championship sometimes it freezes after we win that game. That has been going on for years. Please fix that.

- Stop making it so easy for people to shoot 3's in online ranked games. I wish it was harder for people who have no skills and play 2K like an arcade game to even survive in a game. They'll learn how to shoot 3's and survive off that. No team in the NBA survives off of only shooting threes because it is very hard. So yeah I feel the people with the real skills who can do everything should have a huge advantage over people who launch 3's all day because it is so easy. I'm not mad from a record point of view, my record is like 134-32 or something and 10 of those losses came from connection losses (which weren't my fault cause I easily go into a game after that with no connection problem period) but yea I just hate to see people launch 3's all day. So annoying. If it was harder, they'd be force to STEP THEIR GAME UP!

I started Playing 2K with 2K11. I was good online. 2K12 more realistic. Online Record greater. 2K13 more realistic. ONLINE RECORD EVEN GREATER! The more realistic these games get and the more control they give us with our players for all the different creativity we want to use to score rather it's dribbling or post, the better I play and I'm sure a lot of you do too. So I hope the keep giving us more control. Especially on Next-Gen versions cause I already pre-ordered NBA 2K14 for Playstation 4.

# 24 Optik @ 08/01/13 02:56 PM
After two years of it failing to work properly, can you please confirm that the inbound plays function in the timeout menu works on command without fail? Can you also please tell us if we want to change our inbound play quickly, that the screen isn't skipped when our opponent presses A/X?

Can you please tell us if we finally have the option to use the pause menu when our opponent has paused the game and not just wait and stare at theirs for however long, like we do now?

Can you please tell us to what extent live ball will be implemented this year and if we will still be able to just turbo through the defense with no skill and no repercussions?

Can you please tell us if they are any plans to bring Dual Player Control and On The Fly Coaching Sliders back into the game?

Can you please tell us if you've fixed manual contesting to make it work consistently?

Can you please tell us if putting your hands up in the paint in front of the a big man with the ball will make some sort of physical collision to be initiated and not just being pushed back?

Can you please tell us if the Deny Ball feature will work as it did in 2K10/11 with the defender actually obstructing their man?

Can you please tell us if we will be able to bait players into a foul at the 3pt line like we did in 2K11?

Can you please tell us if you've removed the "sliding back behind 3pt line" animation when a player is shooting a long 2?

Can you please tell us if the defensive recovery speed has been decreased to a realistic level?

# 25 SHAKYR @ 08/01/13 02:57 PM
Fighting for rebounds
Aggressive rebounding by aggressive rebounders

# 26 abcfinest @ 08/01/13 03:05 PM
Up the difficulty to online rank matches to atleast superstar.
Bring back ranked lobbies.
Leaderboards should show every opponent true win/loss records.
Better online ranking system

# 27 Guapo516 @ 08/01/13 03:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Optik
After two years of it failing to work properly, can you please confirm that the inbound plays function in the timeout menu works on command without fail? Can you also please tell us if we want to change our inbound play quickly, that the screen isn't skipped when our opponent presses A/X?

Can you please tell us if we finally have the option to use the pause menu when our opponent has paused the game and not just wait and stare at theirs for however long, like we do now?

Can you please tell us to what extent live ball will be implemented this year and if we will still be able to just turbo through the defense with no skill and no repercussions?

Can you please tell us if they are any plans to bring Dual Player Control and On The Fly Coaching Sliders back into the game?

Can you please tell us if you've fixed manual contesting to make it work consistently?

Can you please tell us if putting your hands up in the paint in front of the a big man with the ball will make some sort of physical collision to be initiated and not just being pushed back?

Can you please tell us if the Deny Ball feature will work as it did in 2K10/11 with the defender actually obstructing their man?

Can you please tell us if we will be able to bait players into a foul at the 3pt line like we did in 2K11?

Can you please tell us if you've removed the "sliding back behind 3pt line" animation when a player is shooting a long 2?

Can you please tell us if the defensive recovery speed has been decreased to a realistic level?
Add blocking dunks, defensive consistency, i should not foul everytime go for steals, smoother online play, fix the automatic back to basket or pick up the ball when double teams are approaching bull, stupid passes like why add Manuel bounce pass only to be forced to bounce pass at the worst times? And give out tutorials of some some sort I find myself having to just figure out how to do alotta things that are very important.

# 28 Gstate_510 @ 08/01/13 03:18 PM
For anybody questioning these "youtube ballers" credibility they care about sim basketball just as much as we do. they make videos addressing the issues with these games

# 29 Shadojoker @ 08/01/13 03:22 PM
A) Block dunks PERIOD!!!

B) expanded Classic jerseys & selections and courts (Vancouver grizzlies, 93-94Suns, original Raptors, rainbow green Bucks jerseys, Iverson rookie/Dana barros era Sixers) no need to mod game unless you have a deep expansion of unis and court

* WWE uses community for Create a wrestler/arena..why not have that for jerseys,courts to go along with 2k share current version.

C) TNT and NbaTv integration..ea uses ESPN..why not use TNT.would be perfect

Xyz)menus, random gameplay issues already beaten to death

# 30 Trackball @ 08/01/13 03:27 PM
You want a tweak for 2K14? I've got a tweak for you.

Give us the ability to have different MyPlayers again!

Seriously, this is how it's done in EVERY OTHER SPORTS GAME, including NBA 2K11 and 2K12! You start a file, make your player's body, fit him with the accessories you've bought or unlocked, and start the game. It should be that simple.

But noooo, we had to have ONE MyPlayer name and look for EVERY MyCareer file we had.

And if we wanted to change it, it would affect every other file.

Say I make a center named Sam Conway (not my real name, just a generic name for reference), whose social-media handle would be @SamConway.

But later, I decide "hey, what if Brazilian legend Oscar Schmidt played in the NBA? Would he have become the great scorer he was in his homeland?" So I start up a file to play as Schmidt, and...

...it's the same body as Sam Conway. And is named "Sam Conway." Which I cannot change in the "MyCareer: The Creation" screen (which I can't back out of, by the way--fix that too!).

So I go to the MyPlayer menu on the left, change the body and name appropriately, and start the new file. A lot of trouble, but at least I'm playing out one of many what-if scenarios I've had in my head for a while.

But sometime, a few weeks later, I try to go back to my center, right?

And...he's named Oscar Schmidt. And looks like Oscar Schmidt. And his Twitter handle is @SamConway.

Dude...guys...you had it right the first time. I get that you were trying to get a jump on the pirates and hackers and all that who would break the game with 7'2" players with 99 in every stat, but you caused more harm than you prevented!

Just let us have different MyPlayer names and bodies, and I'll be fine. Even the minor things, like being unable to block dunks, I would be fine with if you just fixed THAT issue.

Yes, I know there's a workaround--just make a second PSN/Xbox Live profile and such. But that just doesn't feel right to me...it feels like I'm committing fraud or something. I shouldn't have to do this just to be able to play as different MyPlayers.

Hopefully, more info comes out on the new Path To Greatness mode, and it will shed some light on this. Because if it remains the same as last year, where you can only have ONE name and ONE look, I will be very, VERY disappointed.

And that will suck, since I had sooo much fun with NBA 2K13 apart from that--huge improvement from 2K12. I'm fine with the Virtual Currency system instead of Skill Points...but PLEASE, fix this!

# 31 mango_prom @ 08/01/13 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gstate_510
For anybody questioning these "youtube ballers" credibility they care about sim basketball just as much as we do. they make videos addressing the issues with these games
This is "sim basketball"?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZIXc86_hy0

Maybe this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5Yv9E24nUI

At around 4:00..."I'm liking the pace of this game"...inbound pass to D-Rose, turbo sprint straight into the lane for a dunk. Sim basketball right there.

What do you think these guys care about? How would they even notice deeper gameplay at all?

# 32 kmiree16 @ 08/01/13 03:35 PM
  • Tone down the speed of CPU closeouts as well as their reaction times. All CPU defenders have nigh instant reaction times and never miss a beat. They all play defense the same way as well (no varied schemes/philosophies/matchups). Basically just showcase the differences between bad defensive teams/players and good ones.
  • Improve coaching AI as it relates to rotations. The AI has no idea about the value of a good bench or sixth man. Very few coaches use 11 man rotations either. They also sub players in and out too frequently i.e. You will get benched with about 2:00 left in a quarter and come back in at the 1:40 mark.
  • Drastically reduce the accuracy of fading/eurostep 3 pointers. It's very arcady.
  • Bring back actual money for contracts like we had in 2K12. Use VC specifically for MyTeam. It just doesn't feel right signing a 2 year, 500 VC / SP contract. I don't know if I'm getting lowballed or not.
  • Tweak some signature skills. I'm pretty sure I'm in the minority with this but I don't think any signature skills should boost attributes. Also, they should be seen more sparingly. Not every player should have signature skills. And some should only be reserved for the 15 or so best players in the league.
  • The CPU should have varied playcalling. The AI on both teams will only run the same handful of plays. It gets very monotonous. The game should use a process of elimination based off of success rate with plays. If a play results in a basket, foul or good shot, then they will have a high chance of running it again. If it doesn't get anything good, then they will have a lower chance of running it.
  • Has CPU late game offense been tweaked? The CPU is horrible at executing down the stretch. They never run plays to get a 3 if they need one, and they always just isolate the guy with the highest rating on their team on one side of the floor, even if he is a big man.

# 33 Dijourno18 @ 08/01/13 03:36 PM
let us have an ACTUAL CAREER!!! let us purchase a house and car etc, give us a real salary not VC.

# 34 Gstate_510 @ 08/01/13 03:37 PM
I'm talking about guys like shakedown and the simstandard

# 35 mango_prom @ 08/01/13 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmiree16
  • Has CPU late game offense been tweaked? The CPU is horrible at executing down the stretch. They never run plays to get a 3 if they need one, and they always just isolate the guy with the highest rating on their team on one side of the floor, even if he is a big man.
This. I mean you can run coach mode for CPU teams. You'll have the annoying "coach mode active" screen running, but you completely eliminate the AI quick play scripts that auto trigger during mismatches.
The downside is that the AI will use the generic late game playbook 2k decided to hide from us instead of allowing us to actually decide what the CPU does.

What about using 2 distinct touches profiles for each team? One for normal gameplay and a different set being used in crunchtime? This makes much more sense in order to simulate "clutch" than the stupid "closer" sig skill gimmick by the way. Just allow us to finetune play distribution in late game situations and edit late game plays. Don't know what's so hard about this...

# 36 tbennett54 @ 08/01/13 03:44 PM
All aboard the cheese train

# 37 vtcrb @ 08/01/13 03:44 PM
Hopefully they get a chance to ask about OR test out the some or all of the following things.

MAJOR Request: A COMPLETE listing of what EACH Attribute and Tendency effect in the game.

1. Address Association Mode

A. Better CPU Logic in Player Signing, Drafting Players and Rotations.

B. Implement the CBA rules(if legally possible)

C. Make it Possible to Promote Assistant Coaches(Hate Generic Coaches). Give us the Opportunity to Sign Assistant Coaches from other teams. Also make it Possible to Edit Coach Ratings in Game.

D. Bring Back FULL DLeague with REAL Players, or Make it Possible to Edit DLeague.

E. Let Rotations carry over to Association and Season Mode.

Create Options

1. CAPs and CATs need to be able to be DLd off 2k Share with NO Glitching issues

2. Create a Coach Mode

3. MORE CAT Team Slots

Roster

Up to Date Rosters and Contracts when Game releases and in Roster Updates

2. Add Complete Classic teams

A. Get rid of Celebrity teams, save $$$, very few use them

B. Get rid of Duplicate Classic teams(too many Bulls teams)

3. Make Euroleague teams Playable in ALL Modes and make them Editable.

# 38 Eman5805 @ 08/01/13 03:44 PM
The main issues with this game is the same I have with most other sports games. The CPU is omniscient. So the best thing they can do is add some kind of lag between the computer knowing something has happened and them acting on it. I mean, I'm throwing a quick pass in the lane to a player cutting to the basket. IRL, the defender is still recovering, he isn't going to automatically stick his hand out before the bounce pass actually BOUNCES OFF THE FLOOR.

But because the moment you press a button, the game knows about it (because, well, that's how the game can play the right animation for the milisecond), so the D's reaction is instantaneous. Drives me up the wall. The reason so many 3s get contested is because the computer knows you're kicking it out because it knows who the pass target is, where the target is in relation to each other, so you look at a situation where the ball and the double team defender arrive at almost the same time. Should have a tiny window to get the shot off. But nope.

Also, My Player has to be useable as something other than a PG or a wing player. Tell them about how impossible it is to move around in the paint as a center or PF. The CPU's bumping is almost impossible to counter aside from just running out of bounds to go around the defender. And that tkaes time. Especially when the ball is swung around to hte otherside and now you're out of the play. The mode is only really fun if you're a PG, because you can call plays and you handle the ball the most.

# 39 magicman32 @ 08/01/13 03:49 PM
Fix the pass and catch logic/animations

Address rebounding and boxing out (boxing out needs to be more effective)

Fix the broken play bug (plays break when you set a screen in my player or when a player switches defenses)

Get rid of the hitch when going from running to sprinting (turbo). My user controlled player shouldn't have a hitch when going from running to sprinting (I'm talking about without the ball). You really notice this nonsense in My Player mode. That's not realistic at all!!!!!

Address overall player movement (Off ball especially). Footplanting, turning, etc. is way too stiff and robotic.

Cpu AI on offense: Players should know when to cut to the basket if open, or stay at the 3pt line. ie. Kendrick Perkins shouldn't fade near the 3 point line and stay there if his man is doubling me and the paint in wide open. Or Kevin martin shouldn't cut to the basket into the defense as soon as I pass him the ball when he's open at the 3 point line. Fix player tendencies and logic please!!!!

Get rid of the 1-3-1 zone!!!!!

# 40 Sundown @ 08/01/13 03:51 PM
Foot planting. If the engine doesn't support it, then at least eliminate it as much as possible.

Fix the interior defense and contact shot system. This was 2k13's touted feature, and yet defenders are being slid out of the way of dunks more than ever. If there is concern about two man animations you can't control, then I say a good looking dunk-on animation you can't control is better than a bad looking, sliding dunk-on non-animation you can't control.

Fix unrealistic defensive recovery speeds, especially in zone or when defense has "momentum".

Fix zone in general to give it proper weaknesses.

Increase shot blocking and the ability to block an OCCASIONAL dunk.

Remove all exploits from online mode and set it at a realistic difficulty level. No more Lebron paint cheese, no more 1-3-1 zones all day, no more jerking back and forth and hitting a fading three with first sign of daylight.

Improve CPU awareness of player capabilities/stars in order to properly set defenses even before the game starts. CPU should be trying to play tight/throw doubles on deadeye shooters with good shot off dribble and ridiculous three point accuracy like Curry. It's too easy to light the CPU up for 7-10 threes every game even with slider tweaks, and realistic perimeter defense on Curry isn't possible without increasing sliders that break the rest of the game.

Work sig size ups and dribbling back in.

Adjust the post game. Some moves are too effective, making the other options worthless.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.