Home
NHL 14 News Post

EA Sports has posted another NHL 14 blog, this one discussing improvements to online modes. The team talks about EASHL online seasons, divisions, playoffs, matchmaking in club seasons, club challenges, hockey shop, editing attributes, improved OTP flow and more.

What are your thoughts on the improvements to the online modes?

Game: NHL 14Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 6 - View All
NHL 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Schmackity @ 08/01/13 03:21 PM
The text just doesn't do it justice without the photos.

But the changes look very good. I especially like the pick a position as you join the game so you can see what's available instead of racing and leaving.

# 2 SinisterAlex @ 08/01/13 04:38 PM
I'm glad they adopted FIFA's Pro Club Seasons. It will make EASHL MUCH more enjoyable.

# 3 HustlinOwl @ 08/01/13 05:30 PM
SCEA take notes

# 4 Simple Mathematics @ 08/01/13 06:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
SCEA take notes
Can EA NHL take notes from SCEA for every other aspect of the game?

# 5 blinky @ 08/01/13 07:32 PM
GM Connected is an online mode, yet not much has been leaked so far. Not sure this is a good sign

# 6 The Visualizer @ 08/01/13 10:20 PM
All of the points mentioned in the blog seem like good improvements except double elimination playoffs, which is pretty weak.

I'm not too thrilled about the ranked challenges either as that would seem to open up a loophole for win trading...again

# 7 Garism @ 08/02/13 12:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blinky
GM Connected is an online mode, yet not much has been leaked so far. Not sure this is a good sign
That will be sooner or later.. book it. Probably next.

Love the new EASHL.

# 8 m-dogg @ 08/02/13 10:26 AM
+7 boosts now? we already had way too many XP at our disposal last year, we certainly don't need more. everyone is an indestructible dangle-master physics-defying ice skater already.

although it does say that boosts can not go over the attribute cap this time, did I read that right? that is great news if true, but I am sure they raised the caps then on every attribute. but it does allow them to set a hard cap for each player type that cannot be compromised, as long as they test the maxed out builds for each type -- we should no longer have builds that break the AI and game (at least I hope so, EA never catches this stuff usually).

the other changes sound good. I am just always weary of EASHL turning into arcade hockey on crack once everyone earns their legend cards...

# 9 timdj84 @ 09/03/13 02:43 PM
M-dog,oh how I love ill informed comments. The fact is,they didn't reward you enough for being a legend. I mean a legend and my cap is 81/82 as a winger? Really? Get a clue. At least NHL 12 I was able to be an 89overall. I think they should make legend harder to obtain by increasing games played needed,making grades harder like NHL10 and that way the gap between true great players and the rooks will be obvious and rightly so. Fix the AI, where a bad team gets a superb comp d and fix the broken stick lift. This game needs help and taking away an already low overall cap is not the answer. Go watch some Bure highlights and look how quick he dangled,that is how it should be.

# 10 Fiddy @ 09/03/13 04:52 PM
Overalls mean nothing online.

I can be a default 50 or whatever and compete just fine with guys that are 75 to 81 depending on what player build you are.

It don't matter if I'm a rookie 1 and your a legend 3. It don't matter.

This games needs to go the Fifa route again. Copy their be a pro stuff. Don't let us add points etc. Add them for us in spots when we do certain things. Score 50 goals or make 150 passes, etc etc.

# 11 SinisterAlex @ 09/03/13 06:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
Overalls mean nothing online.

I can be a default 50 or whatever and compete just fine with guys that are 75 to 81 depending on what player build you are.

It don't matter if I'm a rookie 1 and your a legend 3. It don't matter.

This games needs to go the Fifa route again. Copy their be a pro stuff. Don't let us add points etc. Add them for us in spots when we do certain things. Score 50 goals or make 150 passes, etc etc.
I agree man, only problem is that it would lead to boosting those stats just like in FIFA.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.