Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

Bleacher Report has posted this behind the scenes NBA 2K14 video with Steve Kerr. You can hear some samples of the new audio coming this year. 2K Sports captured 40 to 50 hours of his commentary, which according to Steve, is the norm.

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 RyanFitzmagic @ 08/07/13 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icxikul
I really don't get why you guys hate on Clark Kellogg so much. He's the most exciting part of the commentary. All the guys are good at there designated comments throughout the game. It's as if they complement each other. I've always kept the commentary on even when it gets repetitive. Some things that are said never gets old (just not yet).
"Ammonia strong!"
"Stat-sheet stuffer SUPREME!"
"Brain neutral."
"Spurtability."
"[calling the basketball 'The orange,' or 'The pumpkin']"
"Room-service dime."

And his commentary sounds terribly unnatural. Like he's behind a desk at TNT halftime instead of watching a game.

Remember when Barkley tried to do commentary on TNT once? Kellogg is worse.

# 22 Da_Czar @ 08/08/13 09:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanFitzmagic
"Ammonia strong!"
"Stat-sheet stuffer SUPREME!"
"Brain neutral."
"Spurtability."
"[calling the basketball 'The orange,' or 'The pumpkin']"
"Room-service dime."

And his commentary sounds terribly unnatural. Like he's behind a desk at TNT halftime instead of watching a game.

Remember when Barkley tried to do commentary on TNT once? Kellogg is worse.
So you just want boring he passed the ball to whom lines ? LOL he really isn't that bad and the combination of the whole team from a videogame perspective is really top notch.

That is his delivery style if you have ever heard him live that is the flavor he brings to the table. It's no different then people wanting more "right between the eyes" from Harlen. That's the flavor or originality he brings to the game.

And say what you will but clark DELIVERS his lines. You mentioned Barkley. What about Kenny ? HE was turrible. His line delivery was extremely suspect and you seem to want to put Clark in THAT category which to me borders on hyperbole.

If you don't like his style I can understand that but he delivers his lines very very well IMO and the broadcast is the best it has been in the series IMO.

# 23 RyanFitzmagic @ 08/08/13 09:50 AM
Kerr and Harlan actually sound natural (even though Harlan could use a lot of work, some of which isn't his fault), because it feels like they're interacting with one another, having conversations, responding to the other's comments, etc.

Kellogg sounds like he's at a desk instead of watching a game, or reading his notes off a script-- I know he IS, but he shouldn't SOUND like it.

EDIT: Or better yet, he sounds like a fan watching the game and not a commentator. Next time I play a game, I'll tell you exactly what/when/how he says his lines and why they're terrible.

# 24 Yeah...THAT Guy @ 08/08/13 10:12 AM
What they really need is to get Dirk Nowitzki in there for some commentary.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.