Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

With 2K Sports announcing a new blocking system in NBA 2K14 earlier today, the 2K Team-Up guys were given the green light to give more details on it, based off of what they played at the 2K Team-Up event they attended last Friday.

Obviously, the videos show NBA 2K13 gameplay, but each person gives their own unique take on the blocking system.

Here is a video from QJBeat.

Here is a video from @ShakeDown2012.

Here is a video from @Shake4ndBake.

Here is a video from @YMDgento.

Here is a video from @SubTheGamer.

Here is a video from @IpodKingCarter.

Here is a video from @Chris_Smoove (Not a member of the 2K Team-Up this year, but offers his thoughts)

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 Sundown @ 08/07/13 05:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
At this point all I want is some next gen stuff.
Really weird they're not promoting the next-gen stuff harder. Then again, most of the user base is still on current gen and will account for most of the sales-- which just makes things awkward as current gen 2K14 seems to have minimal graphic upgrades, and most of the cyberfaces will be three years old.

# 82 NINJAK2 @ 08/07/13 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
What features are you talking about? Last I checked 2k bball defense sucked for a couple of years now and I'm ecstatic that shot blocking has finally been addressed. Lives "Bounce Tek" looks like hype words to me and I don't see 2k calling this the "Block Tek".

Why can't people see that this was a huge gripe here on the forums and 2k is just telling us that they addressed it?
This is an internet sports forum Goffs which means your posts which show signs of logic and common sense have no place here. Make another post like this and I will alert the mods

# 83 LD2k @ 08/07/13 06:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
Why can't people see that this was a huge gripe here on the forums and 2k is just telling us that they addressed it?
You don't say...

That's just in a few pages of searching "blocks."

# 84 Sundown @ 08/07/13 06:56 PM
2K14 absolutely needed a upgraded block system. It's just the hyped 3-5 blocked *dunks* a game that frightens some of us, when blocked dunks are a tiny fraction of all blocks in the NBA. We'll see.

# 85 NINJAK2 @ 08/07/13 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
2K14 absolutely needed a upgraded block system. It's just the hyped 3-5 blocked *dunks* a game that frightens some of us, when blocked dunks are a tiny fraction of all blocks in the NBA. We'll see.
More importantly an upgraded contact system in general..

# 86 thedream2k13 @ 08/07/13 07:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
Time to start layup attempts!

# 87 Sundown @ 08/07/13 07:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream2k13
Time to start layup attempts!
Despite my trepidation, I want to see Bogut suck up layup attempts. The chase down and glass pinning blocks (presumably on layups) also sound exciting.

# 88 nip83 @ 08/07/13 08:47 PM
Now if the next announcement is something like :
"I was able to grab 20 boards with Kevin Love..."

# 89 larrybird33 @ 08/09/13 08:56 PM
Everybody here knows that 2k14 is gonna be something special right, so if that was the case why hasn't 2k released any footage at all of what it's going to look like. It seems to me that it's as if they might be even scared or something. There are so many things that need to be worked on so why haven't they talked about any of this either. I can make a list off the top of my head about things that really need to be fixed for 2k14. Ok, blockings back, im happy just like everybody else but when are we going to actually get realistic gameplay and other things we really, really need. Nobody cuts straight to the point and says you know what, I am sick of this unrealistic gameplay. I'm sick of everybody in 2k acting like they don't have a mind of their own, players becoming unrealistic with signature skills, the crazy *** animations. It's taken 2k long enough to start listening to their fans but it seems as if they don't. Ipod King Carter and Chris Smoove I'm a big fan of you guys but isn't part of your job as a 2k team up member to give them ideas about the game, an show them the VIDEOS of the UNREALISTIC gameplay we are all sick of playing. You six guys were all happy for you and sure you are too for being picked to be a 2k member, bu you guys are really the ones who can make the changes happen. I'm sure you all know exactly what I'm talking about because you guys probably play it more than I do and experience the same things I do.

# 90 hear me now @ 08/10/13 03:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango_prom
Since I'm a single person and not an "entire fanbase" you can categorize with pointless general statements...have you thought about why there potentially could be too much dunks? Could there be legitimate reasons for thinking that? Besides, your whole statement is pretty ridiculous, exaggerating peoples's skepticism to make your point seem more valid...

But the thing is really that a new blocking system won't help much if 2k doesn't tone down the efficiency of iso chain moves, spin dunks and self alleys, too. Otherwise we get the same NBA Jam gameplay, but with monster blocks added to it. I've actually seen dunks branching into some kind fo block animations in 2k13, and it really shouldn't happen too often. Much more frequently, players should stumble or lose control of the ball when forcing a drive into multiple defenders before even getting near the basket, which is something that basically doesn't happen in 2k13 at all.

So adding block animations is nice of course, but the other part is removing unstoppable animations and giving us the tools to punish idiots for trying to force drives before they're even getting to the rim.
They need to bring back "live ball physics". Also...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6AKrqv_Yq0

# 91 mango_prom @ 08/10/13 03:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hear me now
They need to bring back "live ball physics". Also...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6AKrqv_Yq0
The problem with live ball is probably that you either implement it perfectly, or gamers will start to complain about some ugly looking deflections that don't make much sense. So maybe this is another feature that would make a few guys happy while frustrating even more people because they don't get why it's a good thing.

I'm kinda thinking they wouldn't even need live ball right away. But with all the dunks and moves they're adding every year...is is too hard to maybe simply add a few stumbling and turnover animations triggered in traffic, too? Even if it's not fancy real time physics stuff, at least some kind of animation system we actually can use to force the ballhandler into situations where he has a disadvantage. Right now, it's either bump, ankle breaker, on ball steal or getting beat by the offensive player. What the game is missing is the stuff in between those things.

# 92 GetNadedScrubs @ 08/11/13 03:46 AM
Hers my explanation.

2k: Where old features become new features.

# 93 larrybird33 @ 08/11/13 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetNadedScrubs
Hers my explanation.

2k: Where old features become new features.
So true man you killed it!!

# 94 Sundown @ 08/11/13 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango_prom
The problem with live ball is probably that you either implement it perfectly, or gamers will start to complain about some ugly looking deflections that don't make much sense. So maybe this is another feature that would make a few guys happy while frustrating even more people because they don't get why it's a good thing.

I'm kinda thinking they wouldn't even need live ball right away. But with all the dunks and moves they're adding every year...is is too hard to maybe simply add a few stumbling and turnover animations triggered in traffic, too? Even if it's not fancy real time physics stuff, at least some kind of animation system we actually can use to force the ballhandler into situations where he has a disadvantage. Right now, it's either bump, ankle breaker, on ball steal or getting beat by the offensive player. What the game is missing is the stuff in between those things.
Then people complain about canimations and 2K responds by taking it back out leading to overpowered offense that push players out of the way.

Frankly I'm fine with these types of animations triggered in the right places so long as they're not overly long and gives you some ability to fight for control.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.