Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

EA Sports has posted some details on the audible and hot route improvements for Madden NFL 25. Make sure you read more about the audible system, position specific hot routes and more, on the official page. Good to see the "Smoke Screen"...

Quote:
Gone are the days of the five preset audibles available before jumping into a game. Now each formation has four formation set audibles that allow you to scroll through your on-field personnel. These new audibles can be customized through the in-game playbook menu or when creating a custom playbook.

Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Smoke6 @ 08/09/13 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Great, this should curve some of the garbage that goes on online, I hope the defense can audible or playmaker accordingly to adjust to whats begin called. Curl routes were killer in 13 for a while!

At least some positive news for me today!

# 2 Jeter2 @ 08/09/13 01:02 PM
I love to pass, always have since Madden 2003. THis is a very nice addition. Good Job EA

# 3 bigeastbumrush @ 08/09/13 01:23 PM
Every QB in Madden should not be able to Audible and call an endless amount of Hot Routes at the line of scrimmage.

Madden: Where Mark Sanchez becomes Peyton Manning

Madden needs to either incorporate an Intelligence rating and/or implement some sort of confusion tactic (shaky routes, question mark the routes, etc) when a QB tries to call more than one Hot Route on a single down.

# 4 NDAlum @ 08/09/13 01:28 PM
So happy the smoke screen is in. Next is to add the bubble for the slot!

# 5 JerzeyReign @ 08/09/13 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
Every QB in Madden should not be able to Audible and call an endless amount of Hot Routes at the line of scrimmage.

Madden: Where Mark Sanchez becomes Peyton Manning

Madden needs to either incorporate an Intelligence rating and/or implement some sort of confusion tactic (shaky routes, question mark the routes, etc) when a QB tries to call more than one Hot Route on a single down.
Chuuchh! Its so annoying guys can/will make new plays at the line. I'm going to reread this article but if they left the option for the receivers to run the same hot routes as previous years then they just added more fuel to the fire.

# 6 tha_show256 @ 08/09/13 04:58 PM
I like the idea...sounds pretty cool. To you all that think that all QB's shouldn't be able to hot route more then once, why not?? The way I see it that's pretty real life...QB's in real sometimes audible more then once, no matter who it may be, there is still a delay of game clock right?? So therefore, you have to make all your changes before the delay of game clock expires just like in real life.

# 7 packerboy71 @ 08/09/13 05:05 PM
This looks good because I barley know how to hot route a reciver in madden 13.

# 8 m1ke_nyc @ 08/09/13 06:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tha_show256
I like the idea...sounds pretty cool. To you all that think that all QB's shouldn't be able to hot route more then once, why not?? The way I see it that's pretty real life...QB's in real sometimes audible more then once, no matter who it may be, there is still a delay of game clock right?? So therefore, you have to make all your changes before the delay of game clock expires just like in real life.
Some QBs have complete freedom at the los. Some don't. Eli Manning goes down with a injury Nassib will not be able to get to the line and completely change the play Gilbride called like Eli could.

# 9 gzenius @ 08/09/13 06:25 PM
i don't know how i feel about this. more limits doesn't always mean more realistic. sure, with audibles based on personnel there's no audibling down to get fast WRs at TE/FB, but personnel groupings in madden aren't exactly realistic.

so if i have a versatile "h-back" type player who can block/catch,i can't no huddle between something like i-form normal and singleback ace because 1fb/1te isn't the same as 2te in madden?

it's like people complaining about having to slide protect to stop those simple overload blitzes a few years ago. now we have the psychic offensive line where the left tackle will moon walk to the opposite side of the center to pick somebody up and realistic, stock plays like cross fire blitzes don't work.

i do like the new hot routes though and how they're based on where the players lined up. i've been waiting for a flat route hot route forever. i was hoping that's what they were replacing the slant out with.

# 10 Smoke6 @ 08/09/13 07:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gzenius
i don't know how i feel about this. more limits doesn't always mean more realistic. sure, with audibles based on personnel there's no audibling down to get fast WRs at TE/FB, but personnel groupings in madden aren't exactly realistic.

so if i have a versatile "h-back" type player who can block/catch,i can't no huddle between something like i-form normal and singleback ace because 1fb/1te isn't the same as 2te in madden?

it's like people complaining about having to slide protect to stop those simple overload blitzes a few years ago. now we have the psychic offensive line where the left tackle will moon walk to the opposite side of the center to pick somebody up and realistic, stock plays like cross fire blitzes don't work.

i do like the new hot routes though and how they're based on where the players lined up. i've been waiting for a flat route hot route forever. i was hoping that's what they were replacing the slant out with.

I been biting my tongue as I read this and you come off as a freestyle player, no disrespect but thats how you come off in that paragraph. On some real talk, this was going to happen, I was against it for a while but it needed to be done. This is a game of "skill" and by no mean should anyone take advantage of a game like this for monetary/non monetary reasons and thats all it is.

A great game ruined by wannabe Offensive Coordinators online that drags down a once solid community. I tried slide protection all day long and still got used and abused by random little gimmicks used to bypass that feature everytime by people re-downblitzing there dlinemen while moving down several others in the pocket to take advantage of the AI of the O-line!

Sorry I had to take it there...

OT: I'm loving it so far, but i would love to see the same treatment get done on defense too. Come out in a 4-3 and audible to a quarter or dime D without the correct personnel should reward the offense if they know what they're doing and vice versa.

A video showing this off would have been nice but I guess I can wait for the demo to drop to check it out for myself.

# 11 gzenius @ 08/09/13 09:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke6

I been biting my tongue as I read this and you come off as a freestyle player, no disrespect but thats how you come off in that paragraph. On some real talk, this was going to happen, I was against it for a while but it needed to be done. This is a game of "skill" and by no mean should anyone take advantage of a game like this for monetary/non monetary reasons and thats all it is.

A great game ruined by wannabe Offensive Coordinators online that drags down a once solid community. I tried slide protection all day long and still got used and abused by random little gimmicks used to bypass that feature everytime by people re-downblitzing there dlinemen while moving down several others in the pocket to take advantage of the AI of the O-line!
yeah, i feel you. if it would've fixed all the glitchy DT straight through the a gap blitzes maybe i wouldn't mind as much, but those are still in the game.

since you couldn't do those simple overload edge pressure blitzes, everybody went looking for those. i didn't mind those as much. the setup might not have been 100% realistic, but the concept was.

i just feel like since offense will always be overpowered, the user should be forced to use slide protection more and not have it done for them.

# 12 Gronk4M13 @ 08/10/13 08:36 AM
This sounds promising, I agree that the old audible system was limited.

# 13 kjcheezhead @ 08/10/13 11:32 AM
Damn, color me impressed. Now if they could implement some hand signals or a delay when calling hot routes so that 4 different wr routes can't get changed in the time it takes for Ryan Tannehill to step to the line, we might finally have a solid, realistic audible system.

# 14 passman11 @ 08/10/13 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratedmoney
Some QBs have complete freedom at the los. Some don't. Eli Manning goes down with a injury Nassib will not be able to get to the line and completely change the play Gilbride called like Eli could.

while your statement is correct, ALL seasoned QB have checks . so im not sure what your getting at, you guys asking for a "realistic" video game is making the game worse, I don't ever remember all this bs on old gen

# 15 champ1997 @ 08/10/13 12:52 PM
Chip Kelly offense is going to be so much fun

# 16 ggsimmonds @ 08/10/13 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by passman11
while your statement is correct, ALL seasoned QB have checks . so im not sure what your getting at, you guys asking for a "realistic" video game is making the game worse, I don't ever remember all this bs on old gen
A check is not the same as an audible. Often a team will call two plays in the huddle and pick one at the line based on the defense they see (How many times each game do you hear a QB yell out "kill"?). That is a check.

Not every QB, or even close to half for that matter, has the freedom or ability to audible like we do in Madden.

However, having said that, I like these improvements. It should make for a better no huddle experience. Previously the no huddle was limited because of the limited audibles. This solution is much better than NCAA's system of every player and team flawlessly using their entire playbook in the no huddle. It is a little ironic no?

I do hope that the defense is not neglected though.

# 17 The JareBear @ 08/10/13 02:16 PM
I find myself in constant "wanna get excited/don't wanna get let down" flux with this game.

Who knows man, we'll see.

Smoke screen is nice tho.

# 18 gzenius @ 08/10/13 04:53 PM
does anybody know if personnel groupings will change based on using certain formation subs?

http://web-vassets.ea.com/Assets/Res...t-routes-3.jpg

i didn't realize until i saw that picture but that shows audibling from y-trips to singleback bunch. some bunch formations have a TE default in the bunch, but there's always a formation sub for 4 WR.

if they don't take into account the formation subs you can still easily get a TE at WR, it'd just be a little more limited.

if it does take it into account that would be great. it would eliminate WRs at TE but you could still come out in something like 4 wide with a TE at WR and audible to formations with TEs.

# 19 videlsports @ 08/10/13 05:12 PM
[quote=tha_show256;2045334445] I like the idea...sounds pretty cool. To you all that think that all QB's shouldn't be able to hot route more then once, why not?? The way I see it that's pretty real life...QB's in real sometimes audible more then once, no matter who it may be, there is still a delay of game clock right?? So therefore, you have to make all your changes before the delay of game clock expires just like in real life.

I back this statement right here.. I like to play smart not just run and Gun, If I see an audible adjustment then I will use it just LIKe IRL. But I do think QB's with Higher INT Ratings should have More Audibles, that would be Cool

# 20 tril @ 08/10/13 09:08 PM
hopefully there are defensive counters to this

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.