Home
NHL 14 News Post

EA Sports has posted a list of NHL 14 Be a GM and GM Connected improvements.

Optimized GM Connected Functionality – GM Connected will be more user-friendly and allow you to spend less time on loading screens, thanks to improved speed and performance in both menu loading and simulation behavior

Other updates include:
  • Commissioners can now accept & decline trades on mobile devices.
  • Counter trades can be proposed directly from the mailbox.
  • The ability to accept trades directly from the Trade Details Screen.
  • Users can invite others to a league.
  • All games in the league can be seen on the Master Schedule.

Deeper Be a GM Progression and Trading Intelligence – Be a GM game mode is all about creating an authentic hockey management experience. New scouting features, realistic ice-time simulations and adjustable trade difficulty settings create a deeper, more customizable experience in Be a GM mode.

Other updates include:
  • Potential is now affected by the number of scouting visits, creating a more organic experience.
  • Difficulty can be scaled to make it more (or less) challenging to trade with the AI.
  • CPU can sign and re-sign players during the off season for the user.
  • Player swapping is easier with just one transaction in the Roster Management Screen.
  • Players develop during the season, making for a more authentic gameplay feel.

NHL 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NHL 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NHL 14Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 6 - View All
NHL 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Moose24x @ 08/16/13 11:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by i am the messenger
I still don't know why all sports games don't unlock everything though like in NBA 2K as far as franchises go. Allowing you to change anything you want that's happening in the dynasty one way or another is the best way to go about it.
Completely agree. Anything that has to do with OFFline should be totally unlocked and customizable. Who cares what you do with your own private rosters and franchises? This would eliminate a lot of bellyaching and also allow people to "fix" certain issues that they perceive on their own, without worrying if EA got to their specific issue each summer.

# 42 actionhank @ 08/17/13 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by i am the messenger
Best way to help with the staleness and feeling you aren't immersed in the mode is to create a dynasty thread on here. Post your own storylines. Create the fantasy in your head that you want to experience when you play the game.

You'd hope they'd improve the mode, but everyone may just be waiting 'til next gen gets a year or two in to get the quality gameplay they want along with a revamped mode.

I still don't know why all sports games don't unlock everything though like in NBA 2K as far as franchises go. Allowing you to change anything you want that's happening in the dynasty one way or another is the best way to go about it.
I've tried that, personally. But my frustration always came from the fact that the gameplay itself felt stale.
One thing i've noticed in The Show, is that things seem to matter.
When there's a big event in the game, or a big milestone, you notice it visually, or through the commentary. I called a player up from my AAA team, to get hit first start at 2nd Base in the game. On his first at bat, he gets a nice little single to the outfield, and the announcers commented on it.
He struck out the next AB, but on his 3rd, he gets a double, and they commented again with something like "How about that, got his first hit in the majors tonight, and now, how about a second?".
It's just little details like that, crowds actually cheering and booing big events, or bad calls, and the announcers mentioning important things that make the game feel more alive. And all the teams play a bit different, forcing you to alter your strategies. It just makes you focus that much more.
A team with a lot of speed? A slow pitcher who you can take advantage of with your own fast guys? All of that plays in, and keeps the game fresh, for me.
It would be so nice to see things like that in NHL14. Bill mentioning that your player has picked up his first goal in the NHL, a cut scene of them grabbing the puck and taking it to the bench, mentioning players who are the top scoring threats (I know they mention cold streaks and point streaks, i can't remember top goal scorers in the league). There's just a lot of little things, but my main frustration has always been that i feel all the teams play the same.
Offensive teams should feel different to play than defensive teams.
If they're starting a 3rd string goalie, it would be awesome to see it mentioned, and maybe have the fans cheer louder when he makes a huge save to keep his shutout going.
EA could just do with a bunch of things to make the Be a GM mode more exciting, but, we'll see what happens on the next-gen consoles when i'm sure they will move to a new engine.
I'll definitely be grabbing the demo to see how things looks on the 20th.

# 43 actionhank @ 08/17/13 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose24x
Completely agree. Anything that has to do with OFFline should be totally unlocked and customizable. Who cares what you do with your own private rosters and franchises? This would eliminate a lot of bellyaching and also allow people to "fix" certain issues that they perceive on their own, without worrying if EA got to their specific issue each summer.
I would love roster sharing.
It's so difficult having to wait on EA to create a rookie, or fix trades that happen in the game.
Being able to do that in Be a GM once started would be nice too.
I wouldn't mind being able to create players, or edit rosters of the teams you've got going in Be a GM.
It's frustrating when the Trade Deadline comes, and someone makes a huge trade that you would love to add in game, but can't.

« Previous 123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.