Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

The Madden NFL 25 demo is available now for 360 gold subscribers, you can queue it up right here. It weighs in at just under 2 GB.

We'll update this post when it's available for the PS3. According to EA Sports, it should be available at roughly 3:00 PM EST.

UPDATE: The demo is available now for PS3 users.

The demo includes the following.

Two never-before-seen videos
  • New England Patriots owner, Robert Kraft talks about Owner Mode
  • Compilation of some of the new Madden 25 features
Four drills for the Skills Trainer
  • Precision Modified Running
  • Total Control Passing
  • The Option
  • Ball Hawk
Play Now Matchups
  • San Francisco 49ers vs. Baltimore Ravens
  • Seattle Seahawks vs. Green Bay Packers
Details
  • You can set the difficulty level
  • You can adjust sliders
  • Full game with 5 minute quarters
  • Only one camera angle in demo (Standard)
  • It will have commentary
  • 49ers are the team available in Skills Trainer

Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 bowld @ 08/13/13 08:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcd9583
Can someone just give the pros and cons of the demo. A lengthy explanation of what they really think if the demo I would if I wasn't stuck at work.
Just played a quick half and have to say, the game is fun. Player models look much better and overall gameplay is much smoother. Option game is exactly like NCAA 14 so get ready to be cheesed to death when playing online. That being said, in the "guess play feature" or whatever you call it when on defense it gives you the option to select pass, run, qb keep option or qb pitch option so that may allow you to have more success stopping it (havent tried it yet)

# 42 cgalligan @ 08/13/13 08:14 AM
Gripe Gripe Gripe... Only to follow it all by saying OF COURSE I'M STILL BUYING DAY 1... smh... When will we learn lol...

I'm looking forward to trying the demo out when i get off work... I'm holding out hope that its not as bad as everyone is saying

# 43 R9NALD9 @ 08/13/13 08:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowld
Looked at halftime stats for both teams and noticed there are "0" assisted tackles for either team.

And...my game just froze
Thank you, you just saved me $60

# 44 wordtobigbird @ 08/13/13 08:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by K33057
How about the OL Blocking? Is there sometimes 2 olinemen on 1 Dlinemen sometimes like in real life?? OR is it 1 on 1 like always..
AND how about the DB's -they cover real or is the wr's making supercatches like always???
Yes there are double team blocks.

Not sure what that means. Had a pass broken up tho by a db.

Just tried Sherman 1 on 1 with nelson playing man on a corner route and Sherman made a nice play to break it up. On all pro.

On the next play I try a curl but my user catch attempt throws nelson of course and Sherman turns and dives and swats the ball down low anyway.

Can still total control passing the seam all day IMO.

# 45 schmit_95 @ 08/13/13 08:16 AM
Well, we've been had again fellas. I played a few minutes before work this morning, and it felt EXACTLY like last year, except for the fact that Wilson can easily truck over anyone. Plus the game is totally lifeless, zone D is unefffective, the player models are terrible, line play is identical to the last 5 versions. And please please please don't anyone say "this is the demo it will be fixed up, this is the game were getting on August 27. For the very limited expectations I had, I am very dissapointed.

# 46 orion523 @ 08/13/13 08:19 AM
This game is broken beyond all repair, three plays in and Nnamdi Asomugha not only has good coverage but he makes a solid tackle to end the drive as well...BROKEN!!!
Just funnin' I love it so far.

# 47 wordtobigbird @ 08/13/13 08:19 AM
Its sad but I'm so happy they finally show the replays properly.

On 3rd and 2 I don't blitz. They run read option. Lynch beast mode on the lb and trucks him and gets thru the traffic. On next play, engage 8, loss for 2 on lynnch.

Playing D now and the more precise control of the player is there. If you played ALOT of madden 13 there should be a noticeable difference. It feels more like FIFA and less like NHL.

I had no problem meeting lynch with hawk running from right all the way left then holding x to tackle after a few yards. Also playing zone with lb and Wilson scrambles and I am to take him down one on one.

Next time he scrambles he spins and I wiff a dive. He throws a high pass to miller who leaps up for it. CPU qb is improved for default all pro.w

# 48 rudyjuly2 @ 08/13/13 08:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
They are the same.
Thanks a lot Steve. Boy did they hatchet out some of the sliders. No RB Abl (NCAA, not Madden last couple years) but no break tackle, no separate defense sliders for pass rush or run break block either. I can live with that by adjusting the human corresponding sliders but there sliders better be a LOT stronger this year to make up for it.

It doesn't appear separate special teams sliders made it in like I thought earlier. That sucks.

The ONLY good thing with the sliders this year is the addition of pass coverage.

# 49 EMbow513 @ 08/13/13 08:21 AM
i thought i would buy madden for sure this year but now im on the verge of changing mind. As soon i start and im on offense the camera is wayy fing back and i couldnt see crap or any details. The camera on madden 13 was sooo great for me but now i might just pass on this years game. What a load of bs. I shut the xbox right off

# 50 vSphereGuy @ 08/13/13 08:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowld
Player models look much better
Quote:
Originally Posted by schmit_95
the player models are terrible

lol. Thought those two impressions pretty close together were kinda funny :P

Quick question- is All-Pro the "de facto" standard that the game is designed to be balanced around? I alternate Madden/NCAA every year, and this year I am picking up Madden. Just curious.

# 51 vSphereGuy @ 08/13/13 08:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMbow513
i thought i would buy madden for sure this year but now im on the verge of changing mind. As soon i start and im on offense the camera is wayy fing back and i couldnt see crap or any details. The camera on madden 13 was sooo great for me but now i might just pass on this years game. What a load of bs. I shut the xbox right off
Can't you change the camera view to "Legacy" or something to go back to the way M13 was?

# 52 JayD @ 08/13/13 08:24 AM
Are the special teams sliders still universal? If so that is pretty pathetic.

# 53 bowld @ 08/13/13 08:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveparkmin
hey bowld, how good is infinity engine improve over Madden 13 ?
Feels cleaner. Dont see players falling all over themselves post-play. Engine feels very similar to NCAA

# 54 EMbow513 @ 08/13/13 08:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vSphereGuy
Can't you change the camera view to "Legacy" or something to go back to the way M13 was?
Where you hear that from? if i can than i will be delighted but im heading to work right now anyway

# 55 Malcd9583 @ 08/13/13 08:27 AM
They might have saved all the good gameplay for next gen.

# 56 SeaNNyT @ 08/13/13 08:27 AM
The AI still kind of sucks at moving the ball even remotely consistently. Also this camera is way too far back pre-snap.

# 57 Steve_OS @ 08/13/13 08:28 AM
Just some ratings...

Madden NFL 25 (demo) team ratings. 49ers (91) Ravens (87) Packers (88) Seahawks (90)

Seahawks - Wilson (89) Lynch (96) Rice (86) Tate (80) Sherman (96) Thomas (91) Chancellor (90) Browner (88)

Packers - Rodgers (98) Kuhn (88) Nelson (89) Cobb (88) Jones (87) Finley (85) Sitton (96) Matthews (95)

Ravens - Flacco (93) Rice (94) T. Smith (85) Yanda (97) Ngata (94) Suggs (89) Webb (90)

49ers Gore (93) Davis (94) Staley (96) Iupati (95) Smith (94) Willis (97) Bowman (93) Rogers (90)

# 58 vSphereGuy @ 08/13/13 08:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMbow513
Where you hear that from? if i can than i will be delighted but im heading to work right now anyway
http://mymaddenpad.com/2013/08/07/5-madden-25-demo/

Apparently in the demo, you can only use the new camera angle. In the full game, you can adjust the camera angle between the new one, legacy, and broadcast.

# 59 jpdavis82 @ 08/13/13 08:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by schmit_95
Well, we've been had again fellas. I played a few minutes before work this morning, and it felt EXACTLY like last year, except for the fact that Wilson can easily truck over anyone. Plus the game is totally lifeless, zone D is unefffective, the player models are terrible, line play is identical to the last 5 versions. And please please please don't anyone say "this is the demo it will be fixed up, this is the game were getting on August 27. For the very limited expectations I had, I am very dissapointed.
Um no it doesn't play like last year. It plays like a cleaned up version of ncaa14.

# 60 wordtobigbird @ 08/13/13 08:31 AM
Just had seahawks put a nice drive together. But I was running game flow on D.

I cannot change my camera angle, in game at least.

I love the running. Using Cobb on returns I can finally cut inside thru traffic. You can use the middle of the field and not only run outside the numbers.

Seahawks dB's are making plays on default I needed sliders in m13 to see.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.