Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

The Madden NFL 25 demo is available now for 360 gold subscribers, you can queue it up right here. It weighs in at just under 2 GB.

We'll update this post when it's available for the PS3. According to EA Sports, it should be available at roughly 3:00 PM EST.

UPDATE: The demo is available now for PS3 users.

The demo includes the following.

Two never-before-seen videos
  • New England Patriots owner, Robert Kraft talks about Owner Mode
  • Compilation of some of the new Madden 25 features
Four drills for the Skills Trainer
  • Precision Modified Running
  • Total Control Passing
  • The Option
  • Ball Hawk
Play Now Matchups
  • San Francisco 49ers vs. Baltimore Ravens
  • Seattle Seahawks vs. Green Bay Packers
Details
  • You can set the difficulty level
  • You can adjust sliders
  • Full game with 5 minute quarters
  • Only one camera angle in demo (Standard)
  • It will have commentary
  • 49ers are the team available in Skills Trainer

Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 bcruise @ 08/13/13 10:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
16 pages and no one noticed one of the biggest flaws of last years game seems to be fixed?

The CPU late game AI seems to be much better.

The Seahawks had the ball with 1:26 left in the half and they tried to score. They did get a FG out of it.

Last year, they would have run the ball into the ground.

Rodgers doing the belt celebration on a TD throw? He only does it when he runs for a TD.

Did like a sack by Nick Perry and he put his finger to his FM.

Also, what I liked about the commentary was it was updated. Woodson leaving the Packers was mentioned.

Otherwise, seems a bit stale between plays.
Thanks for the heads up about the end of game playcalling. That's huge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianU
Just something to keep in mind with the gameplay impressions... Last year the Play Now AI was vastly different from the CCM AI. The AI running game was atrocious in CCM even on All-Madden until the final patch, and the AI playcalling was equally terrible and generic for every team. We found ways around it assinging different playbooks to the CPU teams but that is a ridiculous fix.
Yeah, but as far as the end-game AI went, it was broken in both offline play now and offline CC. Online CC was the only mode where it worked like it should (after server-side fixes). Hearing that it's better in play now on the demo is very good news.

# 142 secondsolution @ 08/13/13 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianU
Just something to keep in mind with the gameplay impressions... Last year the Play Now AI was vastly different from the CCM AI. The AI running game was atrocious in CCM even on All-Madden until the final patch, and the AI playcalling was equally terrible and generic for every team. We found ways around it assinging different playbooks to the CPU teams but that is a ridiculous fix.
Very good point. I meant to mention that in my impressions. I loved the Madden 13 demo and was incredibly disappointed in the full game. I hope that it isn't the same this year.

# 143 R9NALD9 @ 08/13/13 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by secondsolution
Very good point. I meant to mention that in my impressions. I loved the Madden 13 demo and was incredibly disappointed in the full game. I hope that it isn't the same this year.
Same here...put in more hours on the demo than the full game.

# 144 SickDL @ 08/13/13 10:50 AM
Is there even defence in this game? Its just like i thought it would be a broken tackle fest. Ill wait for the full game and tweek the sliders for a better game.

# 145 kcsam @ 08/13/13 10:51 AM
I play on PS3, so can't get an answer to these questions myself. Can anyone help with these questions?
  • How are penalties? anyone see an offensive or defensive PI yet?
  • I understand there's no coach mode in the demo, but if you don't touch the controller of the human QB, does the CPU allow him to scramble out of the pocket and actually run down field?
Thanks for the feedback.

# 146 roadman @ 08/13/13 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Thanks for the heads up about the end of game playcalling. That's huge.
Yes, it is, big time huge.

The game was tied with under 2 minutes remaining (me) Packers, driving towards the goal line. The Seahawks called two timeouts(and not at the automatic 1:01 mark) to stop the clock. They saved their third and last timeout for the offense. Crosby was lining up for the FG and I let the clock run with 3 secs left.

Seattle takes over with 26 seconds left and Wilson, on the first play, throws an Int. 18 seconds left and Packers kneel. The Seahawks didn't call the last timeout to stop the clock with 18 seconds left. Last year, they would have burned that last timeout, regardless.

Also, in the second half, Wilson passed on 3 1st downs, torching the defense. That didn't happen last year, either with the CPU.

Encouraging.

Not encouraging, commentary when Seattle had the ball with 18 ticks left. All they need to do is kneel.

# 147 secondsolution @ 08/13/13 10:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcsam
I play on PS3, so can't get an answer to these questions myself. Can anyone help with these questions?
  • How are penalties? anyone see an offensive or defensive PI yet?
  • I understand there's no coach mode in the demo, but if you don't touch the controller of the human QB, does the CPU allow him to scramble out of the pocket and actually run down field?
Thanks for the feedback.
In the first game I played there were no penalties. The second had two, one for fair catch interference and a face mask. Pretty much the same as every other year.

I'm not sure about your second question, but will try to find out later on.

# 148 jpdavis82 @ 08/13/13 11:00 AM
This was taken from my what do you hope to see, expect to see, on Tuesday, thread. I must say other than the commentary being much improved, I feel like I knew exactly what to look for and got what I hoped for.

Hope to see: Much improved infinity engine, much improved run blocking, improved total control passing, much improved commentary, improved AI overall, footplanting better than NCAA 14 has. Overall impressed and can see true progress, boding well for the future as we transition into next gen.

# 149 GisherJohn24 @ 08/13/13 11:02 AM
@xbandguy

is there a very slow option? I always play on that becuase my reaction time is terrible. haha

# 150 wordtobigbird @ 08/13/13 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
I always wanted the hit stick to be a big reward for the gamer for timing it right. That's why I like Madden 10, I could put on a brutal hit stick and a lot of times I could get a fumble out of it. I hope the hit stick is more important like it used to be, it's a feature that I think they neglected last couple of years. Downloading demo now.

And for those whining about not having the demo, give us Gold guys some love, we gotta get something worthwhile for being gold! haha. Besides free full games of course.
They changed the mechanics of the hit stick. It seems to be move of a launch/dive now so you can aim and launch yourself instead of pushing the hit stick then running into the ball carrier before the hitstick window closed and you went into that failed animation. Now, as soon as you flick the stick you launch. I've still had them wrap up and not necessarily make big hits. it does feel better and with the CPU running awareness they can make you pay for flying around.

# 151 secondsolution @ 08/13/13 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
I always wanted the hit stick to be a big reward for the gamer for timing it right. That's why I like Madden 10, I could put on a brutal hit stick and a lot of times I could get a fumble out of it. I hope the hit stick is more important like it used to be, it's a feature that I think they neglected last couple of years. Downloading demo now.

And for those whining about not having the demo, give us Gold guys some love, we gotta get something worthwhile for being gold! haha. Besides free full games of course.
Towards the end of my game against the Packers, I needed to get the ball back so I went all out with a hit stick. I hit Lacy pretty much square and running at full pace and forced a fumble. Was really satisfying, but I didn't recover the ball

# 152 theranhog @ 08/13/13 11:03 AM
First time in 17 years I won't be buying a football game. NCAA 14 imo plays a better game of football than M25. The players move stiff and robotic, still seeing canned animations and suction tackling. The players faces are god awful! The camera view at default is terrible also. What I don't understand is at least this gen the graphics have been OK. The graphics and presentation is horrible in this game. Looks like a dumbed down port. I watched videos of next gen Madden and the game play looks even worse!!

# 153 Malcd9583 @ 08/13/13 11:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
This was taken from my what do you hope to see, expect to see, on Tuesday, thread. I must say other than the commentary being much improved, I feel like I knew exactly what to look for and got what I hoped for.

Hope to see: Much improved infinity engine, much improved run blocking, improved total control passing, much improved commentary, improved AI overall, footplanting better than NCAA 14 has. Overall impressed and can see true progress, boding well for the future as we transition into next gen.
So you don't care about the defense being horrific?

# 154 DoubleRussia @ 08/13/13 11:04 AM
2 questions

Are the Raiders in the demo?

Is the PS3 demo out yet?

# 155 GisherJohn24 @ 08/13/13 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82

Madden 13 had a lot of silly animations (here and there) that sometimes just looked like puppets getting thrown around and it looked almost funny. I hope that was toned down and ironed out a bit. IF that is improved, I'll be happy most likely.

# 156 GisherJohn24 @ 08/13/13 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by secondsolution
Towards the end of my game against the Packers, I needed to get the ball back so I went all out with a hit stick. I hit Lacy pretty much square and running at full pace and forced a fumble. Was really satisfying, but I didn't recover the ball
Least it looked to be a satifying hit eh? It'd be too easy for fumble to occur on every good hit stick hit, but it's definitely nice to see that it might make a difference this year. Hopefully more fumbles will be the reward.

# 157 BCJMU99 @ 08/13/13 11:08 AM
Any pics or videos folks can post? I'm at work

# 158 radatdude2 @ 08/13/13 11:08 AM
not feeling this new camera angle, so far not feeling this demo. really enjoying NCAA, hoping the final product is very different and closer to NCAA

# 159 DoubleRussia @ 08/13/13 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCJMU99
Any pics or videos folks can post? I'm at work
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SagEfVXVCZI

WyzaTV's video

be careful

JustBean is the loudest black man I have ever heard

# 160 Callsign Stitch @ 08/13/13 11:10 AM
I told you M25 for current gen will be the same.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.