Home
Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 News Post

IGN has posted their PES 2014 gameplay video with Community Manager Adam Bhatti, as he goes over the new features and more in the game.

Check out the video and leave your thoughts.

Game: Pro Evolution Soccer 2014Reader Score: Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 0 - View All
Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 spartansocc12 @ 08/18/13 12:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS

IGN has posted their PES 2014 gameplay video with Community Manager Adam Bhatti, as he goes over the new features and more in the game.

Check out the video and leave your thoughts.
Some of the AI didn't look too great. The possession stat on the highest difficulty is a bit worrying. He was Bayern playing vs Santos so hopefully that is what was driving it. I really really hope that this year I won't be able to win 65% possession vs Barca on the highest difficulty.

# 2 unfriendlyghst @ 08/18/13 04:53 AM
Brilliant!

I was listening more than watching and really liked what I heard. How they were trying to cater to a more "Football Centric" crowd rather than the casual pick up and play gamer. Plus, as stated several times, they listened to the fans and replaced the engine with something that could produce realistic results. I just wish this was some Dev talking about Madden

# 3 tabulaRasa @ 08/18/13 03:53 PM
The physics based rendering engine of the fox engine is beautiful! Amazing lighting. Game looks great!

# 4 Krebstar @ 08/18/13 06:09 PM
The AI actually building up an attack to extent was nice to see. As opposed to 2012 and 2013, in which it was always a dead sprint to the goal.

# 5 dubcity @ 08/18/13 08:49 PM
So, no fouls? And as nice as the lighting and colors look, the player movement still doesn't look as seamless and smooth as FIFA from the past few years. I'm not saying I want players to be able to stop on a dime and turn like in FIFA, I just want movement to look closer to what I see when I actually watch a match on TV. Transitions from running to kicking look a little unnatural to me.

# 6 fearwhatnow @ 08/19/13 04:32 AM
1. The Cpu AI build up is very good. They backpass a lot and spot wing runs quite well. I also see that they got rid of these atrocious cpu through passes.
2. The man who plays is interviewed at the same time so I can't really blame him for not playing well the game.
3. Cpu keeps possession at times but these 2 halves are extremely limited in time (2 mins maybe?) so we can't really judge the possession stats. Same stands for the fouls. I've seen in early builds plenty of fouls.
4. Some animations are stiff but the improvement is there and it's significant.
5. Teammate and cpu AI defense is brilliant. Unfortunately PES is still the only football game (despite the major flaws it had the previous years) which has a decent and competitive single player offline mode. Let's hope Fifa will improve drastically the cpu AI because right now is non existent.

# 7 Krebstar @ 08/19/13 10:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
So, no fouls? And as nice as the lighting and colors look, the player movement still doesn't look as seamless and smooth as FIFA from the past few years. I'm not saying I want players to be able to stop on a dime and turn like in FIFA, I just want movement to look closer to what I see when I actually watch a match on TV. Transitions from running to kicking look a little unnatural to me.
It was short, so hopefully that is why there were no fouls.

I was pretty happy with the amount last year, so I'd hate to see that drop off.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.