Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

NBA 2K14 Producer Erick Boenisch (AKA SimBaller), has confirmed classic teams will return to NBA 2K14 (post #200). More details will be revealed at a later date. Some of you may have already been aware of the news, but for those that were not, you can calm down.

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 daveberg @ 08/21/13 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcats302
What job do you do where you can sit around and watch Youtube videos of old NBA Games? Hire me as an assistant please lol

I agree though, the classic teams are awesome. I like to play against them with my classic Lakers and also like to do a season mode mixing current players with legends.
Heh, I work in records management. We've had a lull in work since the UK hit the recession.....basically getting paid to sit at my desk and sift through youtube for retro NBA games!

# 102 Da_Czar @ 08/21/13 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveberg
Heh, I work in records management. We've had a lull in work since the UK hit the recession.....basically getting paid to sit at my desk and sift through youtube for retro NBA games!
REAL NOICE!

# 103 midwestking100 @ 08/21/13 04:43 PM
If only 2k can somehow make an all retro NBA game with classic seasons one day, man they can take all my money! because I am going to have a lot of fun.

# 104 midwestking100 @ 08/21/13 04:48 PM
Sorry I am not a fan of a basketball game with just current teams. To mix current teams with classic teams in an association is very fun to play. We all can run our own imagination with that.

# 105 richlane007 @ 08/21/13 04:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwestking100
Sorry I am not a fan of a basketball game with just current teams. To mix current teams with classic teams in an association is very fun to play. We all can run our own imagination with that.
Totally agree. Love making an Association with a classic team or 2. I'd just like to see a classic team for each current team. Even the New Orleans Pelicans could have an old Pete Maravich Jazz team. Raps could get the '01 team, Wolves could get the Spewell/Cassell/Garnett year. That would be great.

I made an association with all the classic teams and ran a fantasy draft and it was SWEET!

# 106 Vni @ 08/21/13 05:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
REAL NOICE!
Feel like watching some old school Czar's video after that.

# 107 midwestking100 @ 08/21/13 09:31 PM
I would love to run with an early 90s Jazz, Knicks, or Supersonics team in an Association!

# 108 KyotoCarl @ 08/21/13 09:40 PM
Quote:
I would love to run with an early 90s Jazz, Knicks, or Supersonics team in an Association!
You can do that in 2k13 and will most probably the able to do that in 14 too.

Sent using Tap a Talk

# 109 midwestking100 @ 08/21/13 09:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyotoCarl

Sent using Tap a Talk
Naw im talking about playing with a young version of Malone, Stockton and Ewing. when they were in their athletic primes. Not when they were out of their athletic primes.

# 110 midwestking100 @ 08/21/13 09:52 PM
Quote:

Sent using Tap a Talk
Also, I would love to run with a '92-93 seattle supersonics team. That team was deep and fun to watch.

# 111 VDusen04 @ 08/21/13 09:56 PM
Quote:
Also, I would love to run with a '92-93 seattle supersonics team. That team was deep and fun to watch.
I'm with you there. There's some strong differences between the '98 Jazz and '96 Sonics versus their early '90s counterparts. The nice thing about the Jazz in recent 2K's is their early 90's jersey is in the game, so those teams could be self made with at lest real versions of Stockton and Malone.

I'd just be pumped to see the early '90's Sonics jerseys included, so we could at least tinker with the '96 club and maybe create our own early 90's version, with an even more athletic Kemp and my guy Eddie Johnson.

# 112 magicman32 @ 08/21/13 10:00 PM
This is great news!!!!

# 113 KyotoCarl @ 08/21/13 10:15 PM
Quote:
Naw im talking about playing with a young version of Malone, Stockton and Ewing. when they were in their athletic primes. Not when they were out of their athletic primes.
Ah i see. Yeah that would be cool! I'd love to play with the Mark Jackson led Knicks with Gerald Wilkins. Him and Jordan had some epic Battle.

Sent using Tap a Talk

# 114 daveberg @ 08/22/13 04:47 AM
Quote:
Ah i see. Yeah that would be cool! I'd love to play with the Mark Jackson led Knicks with Gerald Wilkins. Him and Jordan had some epic Battle.

Sent using Tap a Talk
Am just in the middle of watching Wilkins trying to Stop MJ now....Ahh classic NBA. You can't beat it.

# 115 AirJordanFan93 @ 08/22/13 06:04 AM
Quote:
One thing I always disliked about the selections of legend teams from 2K is the years they focused on. I understand why they use the 1998 Jazz cos of the Finals and I guess 1997 for 2K11. But 1995 Ewing really serves no purpose in these games and they need to get the 1992 or 1993 Knicks in this game. Same with Robinson we should at least get 1995 Robinson when he won his MVP and not the tail end of his career.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

# 116 kobestopper @ 08/22/13 06:13 AM
wicked hopefully the add more! spent countless hours trying to get some of my fav legends in myteam mode. Still tryin to get GP.

# 117 VDusen04 @ 08/22/13 08:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirJordanFan93
One thing I always disliked about the selections of legend teams from 2K is the years they focused on. I understand why they use the 1998 Jazz cos of the Finals and I guess 1997 for 2K11. But 1995 Ewing really serves no purpose in these games and they need to get the 1992 or 1993 Knicks in this game. Same with Robinson we should at least get 1995 Robinson when he won his MVP and not the tail end of his career.

I feel you. As you said though, I think 2K11's Jordan Mode dictated the first batch (the late 90's Jazz, '95 Knicks (comeback Jordan), etc. I think 2K12 was more of a situation where they tried to find some teams that mixed and matched as many stars and legends as humanly possible, hence the '98 Spurs and Lakers (Duncan, Robinson, O'Neal, Bryant, Van Exel, Jones) instead of say, the '95 Spurs and '00 Lake Show.

I didn't particularly mind that, but I do tend to wish for a prime Robinson from time to time. The good news is the '94 and '95 Spurs used the same court and had a few of the same players as the '98 team, so it's one that can be self made pretty readily.

# 118 AirJordanFan93 @ 08/22/13 08:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
I feel you. As you said though, I think 2K11's Jordan Mode dictated the first batch (the late 90's Jazz, '95 Knicks (comeback Jordan), etc. I think 2K12 was more of a situation where they tried to find some teams that mixed and matched as many stars and legends as humanly possible, hence the '98 Spurs and Lakers (Duncan, Robinson, O'Neal, Bryant, Van Exel, Jones) instead of say, the '95 Spurs and '00 Lake Show.

I didn't particularly mind that, but I do tend to wish for a prime Robinson from time to time. The good news is the '94 and '95 Spurs used the same court and had a few of the same players as the '98 team, so it's one that can be self made pretty readily.
I really wish for the 00 Lakers. 98 makes no sense either why wouldn't they give us a team that had more or less equal billing for Shaq and Kobe

# 119 RayRay34 @ 08/22/13 09:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
Ha, yes, I actually downloaded that roster a little while back. I did, indeed, enjoy it. However, there may have been just enough finnicky issues to drive me back to 2K12. They were first world problems, mostly (i.e. lazy issues on my part I had about very small aspects).

It looked like RayRay did the best with what he had, but the mix of inconsistent accessories, accessory color, some player likenesses (I couldn't make myself believe I was using Lindsey Hunter, whose version may be bald, and Corliss Williamson), iffy signatures, the lack of some of the DLC jerseys found in 2K12 (Sunblast), the separate roster one had to load first so as to prevent freezing (then the game would still sometimes freeze), and all replays being unsaveable (again due to freeze) combined with my ever-growing disdain for 2K13's inability to play defense kind of left me feeling a little burnt out, not really wanting to dive in to these rosters on a regular basis.

To re-iterate though, RayRay did a great job. I just happen to prefer portlandblazer's work. Sometimes I like when rosters leave a little bit for me to tinker with and improve, but more times I like when a roster somehow manages to cover every single nook and cranny, and portland's 2K12 rosters seem to do just that. It seems every time I ask myself something ("Hmm, yeah, but I wonder if he accounted for the fact that Larry Nance changed his jersey number for this one year" or "Yeah, but did he add the minor dunk package to account for that one slam Billy Thompson used to do?") the answer always seems to be a resounding "yes". I always found a bit of comfort in being able to pick up and play his rosters knowing everything was absolutely air tight, DLC worthy (his Chris Gatling looks realer than Chris Gatling).
Thanks for the critique! In some aspect you are right I did the best with what I have. But also in my defense you can look at everyone of my rosters posts and I always asked everyone if the wanted the roster released as is or if they wanted to wait for me to put the little finishing touches on it (gear, sig shots, et) and the resounding answer always was no release it now. Is my CAP work as good as PB's...Hell No, he was the man with CAPs but I agree that my attention to detail should have been a little better before I released them to satisfy the pickier players, like yourself, and me as well.

I'm glad to see classics are back, for the people that did like my rosters, even the earlier ones, thanks and I look forward to playing some classic ball once again on 2k14 on the PS4. At lease I hope classic teams make it to next gen..... That is the only reason I buy 2k is for the classic teams

# 120 B Easy @ 08/22/13 09:08 AM
While we're on the topic, does anyone know if I can still purchase the DLC for 2k12? I still have 2k12 sitting on my shelf; honestly I never got to fully enjoy Sellaz Super 80 roster, nor any of PB's work.

For whatever reason, I didn't purchase the DLC, and I find that almost 2 years later I'm kicking myself because I missed out on the ultimate batch of retro fun..

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.